• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Frantic

smurfx said:
lol just got 0-5 against viscant. his dark phoenix is kicking my ass. except for the last match when he styled on me with wesker.
I've always wanted to fight Viscant online, just to see how well or bad I do against him. I've never had the honor, though.

I've been trying to take my Viper into player matches to practice, and it's really unfortunate that she dies in like one or two combos. I have no idea how to fight anyone with her, and every mistake I make more or less means death - which means I have to wait a whole game to get more 'experience' with her. It doesn't help that every time I DO get a hit, it takes me by surprise and I generally drop it. I fail pretty hard.

smurfx

get some go again
i fought some guy claiming to be noah. his name on there was ttc noah. i beat him but i'm not so sure it was him. he was pretty easy to beat. even his bio had all the noah stuff on it. either its him or some elaborate hoax. also i went through viscants friend list and saw some dude named flocka. i sent him a friend invite hoping its him. hopefully he accepts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx said:
i fought some guy claiming to be noah. his name on there was ttc noah. i beat him but i'm not so sure it was him. he was pretty easy to beat. even his bio had all the noah stuff on it. either its him or some elaborate hoax. also i went through viscants friend list and saw some dude named flocka. i sent him a friend invite hoping its him. hopefully he accepts.
Yeah so probably Noah.

Azure J

Dahbomb said:
Vergil has a tri-dash like Morrigan/Iron Man/Nova in Devil Trigger mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3IB5MHKUrs&feature=player_embedded <-- @ 2:53 - 2:54

Also DAT sword range that hits behind lol.

You can't be a DMC character if you can't hit everything everywhere! :lol

Alternate response: DMC2 hitboxes everywhere in this bitch.

SolarPowered said:
What is it about silver Hair, pretty boy looks and swords that makes Niitsuma's team forget how to make fighting game characters?

:lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Lol.

Max's new video is up. Could Zero always self relaunch in a corner off an otg? This is new, because of the buster, correct? o_O

Oldschoolgamer said:
Lol.

Max's new video is up. Could Zero always self relaunch in a corner off an otg? This is new, because of the buster, correct? o_O

Yup, I had been wanting to see that tested so badly but nobody ever attempted it before afaik.

Bizazedo

SolarKnight said:
Yup, I had been wanting to see that tested so badly but nobody ever attempted it before afaik.
What's really nice about it is it makes him even more flexible in what teams he can be with (in terms of assists).

Dahbomb

Oldschoolgamer said:
Lol.

Yeah it's new but it has been known through ZeroX's video from SRK. He has some new technology with the Buster cancel as well (and all are nasty).

Although I don't even think he needs a corner to self relaunch. This isn't really a game changer because Zero could always relaunch anyway from the air but now I am thinking the timing is strict so you probably have to do it with the OTG method.

What's really nice about it is it makes him even more flexible in what teams he can be with (in terms of assists).
It makes him mostly the same though... he still is going to need assists to do the heavy damage. You can only use that Buster relaunch once before using an assist for extension and you could do that before as well.

Old combo: LMHS MM Buster shot -> Raikousen L -> S MHS -> assist call, QCF+H in air, S, MHS assist call QCF + H, Buster shot -> hyper finisher

New combo: LMHS MMHS QCF+H air -> Buster shot cancel -> Raikousen L -> S MHS (the rest of the combo is the same)

What is it about silver Hair, pretty boy looks and swords that makes Niitsuma's team forget how to make fighting game characters?
Nitsuma isn't the fan boy it's NeoG who is the battle designer. Also this isn't a big deal because the tri-dash is the swooping one that isn't the great one. Still I will take this along with his air dash down which I spotted in the previous video.

Verdict on Trish being a DMC character?
Has a sword, anti-air traps + ground traps used with other DMC characters for the "dark dimension", lockdown hyper for free unblockable set ups, CANCELLABLE DIVE KICK, 8 way tri-dash + flight, full screen projectiles that are sped up from MVC3....

Not bad but still the worst of the 3. ;)

Dahbomb said:
Nitsuma isn't the fan boy it's NeoG who is the battle designer. Also this isn't a big deal because the tri-dash is the swooping one that isn't the great one. Still I will take this along with his air dash down which I spotted in the previous video.
I'm aware that it is not Niitsuma, but NeoG is still certainly a part of his team and he loves DMC as if it were one of his own.

This has more to do with the stupid hitboxes anyway. I thought we were past this stupid sword hitbox crap.

Frog'd said:
iloSWEDfQzrIl.gif
WTF, spoilers dude

Anth0ny

haha, best ending ever.

Those combos at the beginning were STYLISH. New Wesker technology, I approve.

Nemesis looks fun. I'm not a fan of "heavy" characters, but I might try him out.

Strange reminds me a lot of Snake in SSBB. He has a lot of shit you need to keep track of (grenades, mines, C4, in Strange's case all his orbs and projectiles), but if you can wrap your head around them, the character is very effective. I was never great with Snake, so I'm not sure Strange is the character for me.

Phoenix Wright, on the other hand, IS. Next episode hurrrryyyyyy!

Bizazedo

Dahbomb said:
It makes him mostly the same though... he still is going to need assists to do the heavy damage. You can only use that Buster relaunch once before using an assist for extension and you could do that before as well.

Old combo: LMHS MM Buster shot -> Raikousen L -> S MHS -> assist call, QCF+H in air, S, MHS assist call QCF + H, Buster shot -> hyper finisher

New combo: LMHS MMHS QCF+H air -> Buster shot cancel -> Raikousen L -> S MHS (the rest of the combo is the same)
I guess I'm just skeptical that the HSD won't kick in at some point :(.

That and will Buster shot work as the end anymore due to knockdown changes?

The combo I use is different because I'm handicapped in RL and my hands are a bit..messed up..so I adapted him and the assists to work for me and don't use Buster --> Hyper, so I am unsure myself.

Dahbomb

I don't think that Wesker combo is new technology. He could always combo after his gun shot from a Cobra Strike as long as it's fewer than like 7-8 hits and Max kept the hits really low for the combo. Probably have to go the lab and confirm it although I am surprised at the damage it did even if it was on Strider.

Edit: DIDN'T CHECK THAT HE WAS TELEPORTING AFTER THE STRIKE!

Dahbomb

Oh wait I am DUMB....

Wesker couldn't special teleport cancel his Palm strike (by just adding a button). You could still do that combo in the corner like that or with wave dashes but you couldn't do it EXACTLY like that with the teleport cancel. I didn't even realize Max was teleporting around until I watched the video again.

The buff is that Wesker can teleport cancel his Palm strike with a teleport like his Gun shot and Wall bounce attack.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Seth Killian hinting that Chun Li might actually have an OTG after all:
Who says Chun-Li doesn't have an OTG move @CherryBoyRiot? Maybe Chun players at all our UMVC3 demos need to do some research :)

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dahbomb said:
Oh wait I am DUMB....

Wesker couldn't special teleport cancel his Palm strike (by just adding a button). You could still do that combo in the corner like that or with wave dashes but you couldn't do it EXACTLY like that with the teleport cancel. I didn't even realize Max was teleporting around until I watched the video again.

The buff is that Wesker can teleport cancel his Palm strike with a teleport like his Gun shot and Wall bounce attack.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

That better be the case! *shakes fist*

Kimosabae

Banned
Arcade sticks are such trash.

Is there anyone here that can do ROM Fierce loop consistently on a Sanwa stick? This shit is seriously crippling my team. Something as simple as pressing "Down then Up" quickly has never taken so much concentration. Coupled with the game's buffering system - if I have the stick in my lap, I get Hyper Grav trying to Super Jump (2368 H) or Repulser trying to ADDF way too often. Makes me want to throw the stick across the room. Execution goes up considerably on a stable surface, but I can't rely on that.

I seriously don't get how Marn does that shit so consistently.

Rynge

Neo Member
combofiend said on twitter he's gonna be using:

nemesis, hawkeye, spencer

seems like he'll be able to do a lot of the same stuff he currently does with those new characters and with the new tech he'll develop... gonna be fun to watch.

Grecco

Rynge said:

seems like he'll be able to do a lot of the same stuff he currently does with those new characters and with the new tech he'll develop... gonna be fun to watch.

Floe just posted he wants to use Nemesis as well.

Frantic

SolarPowered said:
I've been trying to get through Dead Rising and it is one of the most frustrating experiences I've had a while...
Man, I loved the original Dead Rising. It took me forever to get into the groove of the game, but once I did it was more or less smooth sailing. Now I'm getting nostalgic for it.

Dahbomb said:
Vergil has a tri-dash like Morrigan/Iron Man/Nova in Devil Trigger mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3IB5MHKUrs&feature=player_embedded <-- @ 2:53 - 2:54

Also DAT sword range that hits behind lol.
I think that was just a walljump > airdash rather than an actual tridash. Walljumps don't eat into the double-jump/airdash reserves, so it is a possible to do both in one jump.

Dahbomb said:
I bet it's some random move no one would imagine would OTG. I mean, who imagined Spider-Man's web zip move would OTG?

rynge said:

Hmm... interesting. Wonder how that'll pan out. I was actually thinking of running Spencer/Dante/Hawkeye, so I look forward to seeing what Combo comes up with.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ the Nemesis love after the Max videos.

Frantic check how Vergil swoops under Doom, he doesn't go straight forward like a normal air dash.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
Frantic check how Vergil swoops under Doom, he doesn't go straight forward like a normal air dash.
It's the walljump that gives it that illusion. He does go straight forward, but the walljump makes it look like a downward arc when it actually isn't. It also doesn't help that the camera is moving up from Doom's own jump making it seem live Vergil is moving downward.

Trust me, when I first saw it I thought it was exactly what you were saying, but when I rechecked it as I was posting I saw the walljump.

Dahbomb

Someone gif that part please. We need to settle this right now.

I still see a tri-dash (as in Iron Man/Nova swoop tri-dash not the standard tri-dash). Even with the wall jump and Doom jumping up Vergil ends up swooping much lower than he really should.

McNum

So with all the Ultiamte hype, I'm beginning to think I should start practicing some Doom in advance, since he looks like Phoenix Wright's best friend. But my Doom skills are... nonexistent. I watched Maximilian's Assist Me with Doom and suddenly, I think I get it. (Thanks Maximilian!) But where does a novice Doom start to practice? First thought is getting jump, air dash down-forward (and its down-back counterpart) down, which doesn't look too hard. But then what? Since it's for Ultimate, anything I should skip learning since it won't work later? Any basic combos that aren't too difficult to learn?

Grecco

McNum said:
So with all the Ultiamte hype, I'm beginning to think I should start practicing some Doom in advance, since he looks like Phoenix Wright's best friend. But my Doom skills are... nonexistent. I watched Maximilian's Assist Me with Doom and suddenly, I think I get it. (Thanks Maximilian!) But where does a novice Doom start to practice? First thought is getting jump, air dash down-forward (and its down-back counterpart) down, which doesn't look too hard. But then what? Since it's for Ultimate, anything I should skip learning since it won't work later? Any basic combos that aren't too difficult to learn?

Get the tri dash perfected then start practicing the buktooth bnb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yPskuh1yx8&feature=related

JeTmAn81

Grecco said:

Also recommended to learn is the corner loop. I started learning Doctor Doom recently in anticipation of using him in Ultimate, and I think his corner loop is probably the easiest loop I've encountered in the game. It's just launch, j.M, Forward+H, S, immediate air dash down to land, then S to launch and begin the loop again. This can be done several times for a bunch of meter and it's super easy to end with a Sphere Flame for big damage.

The other part of Doom seems to be learning how to approach with him. Tridashing with M seems to work well, as do the various foot dives (S and Forward+H). The tricky part for me is cancelling them with a dash on hit/block to continue the combo onto the ground where the Buktooth/corner loop can be performed.

McNum

Grecco said:

Thanks for the link! So a Tri-dash is basically jumping then dashing to the ground? Huh, I thought it was dashing UF, then DF. Well, at least it's not for Doom. I'll try to get the dash down, then go for a Buktooth loop. Broken down, it seems easy enough, but I bet I'll fail over and over and over until I finally get one right. The loop is the same for UMVC3?

I don't plan on playing MvC3 again online or offline against anyone, but I'd like to at least be proficient with a third of the team I'm looking at (Wright/Strange/Doom). And if Doom's my anchor, I'd better learn him.

Bizazedo

JeTmAn81 said:
The other part of Doom seems to be learning how to approach with him. Tridashing with M seems to work well, as do the various foot dives (S and Forward+H). The tricky part for me is cancelling them with a dash on hit/block to continue the combo onto the ground where the Buktooth/corner loop can be performed.
Yep, that's my current issue with him. The approach.

Tried him for the first time the other day and found the Buktooth combo to be fairly easy (offline, anyways).

Approaching with him after being spoiled by other characters is a bit of a bear, though, especially with mah hands....I am just bad at right now.

Unsure if I want to put the time in to learn him, though, especially as Nova looks so sexy.

JeTmAn81

Bizazedo said:
Yep, that's my current issue with him. The approach.

Tried him for the first time the other day and found the Buktooth combo to be fairly easy (offline, anyways).

Approaching with him after being spoiled by other characters is a bit of a bear, though, especially with mah hands....I am just bad at right now.

Unsure if I want to put the time in to learn him, though, especially as Nova looks so sexy.

After my experience with other characters, Doctor Doom's combo openings are very unintuitive to me. However, I think the foot dives seem to have a lot of priority and aren't too tough to pull off (one of them is a single button!), so if you can get the dashing part of it down you can make it work. Mostly I've just been using him for Plasma Beam assist with Hulk and Deadpool (Team "Let's Get Buffed in Ultimate!").

Bizazedo

JeTmAn81 said:
After my experience with other characters, Doctor Doom's combo openings are very unintuitive to me. However, I think the foot dives seem to have a lot of priority and aren't too tough to pull off (one of them is a single button!), so if you can get the dashing part of it down you can make it work. Mostly I've just been using him for Plasma Beam assist with Hulk and Deadpool (Team "Let's Get Buffed in Ultimate!").
The few times I tried him in a match with a buddy, though, he'd just push block the foot dives.

You really need to tri-dash with him, but having never used a tri-dash character before, it's not something I've picked up immediately.

JeTmAn81

Bizazedo said:
The few times I tried him in a match with a buddy, though, he'd just push block the foot dives.

You really need to tri-dash with him, but having never used a tri-dash character before, it's not something I've picked up immediately.

While I have played fighting games very casually for most of my life, before MvC3 I couldn't even reliably pull off a Dragon Punch motion, so I can tell you that tri-dashing was and is a pretty difficult thing for me to pull off, at least compared to how you see the pros doing it. Unfortunately, I think it's the kind of thing that takes a lot of practice to build up muscle memory and really be able to do consistently.

The fact that it requires two buttons to dash is also a challenge for me as I sometimes will hit one right before the other and will not get a dash. For a while I had a single button mapped to dash, but I decided it would be better in the long run if I broke that habit.

In any event, from what I can tell Doctor Doom is one of the least air dash intensive characters when comparing to someone like Magneto or even Storm. He actually uses a lot of dashes, but his loops and attack style don't seem to require them to be used quite so quickly or accurately.

I think the best thing to practice is probably just the transition from super jumping forward into dashing down. The trick with that is to make sure you get high enough with your jump that when dashing down and attacking, your attack still has enough time to come out before hitting the ground. That's an issue for me with Magneto. But just going from jumping into hitting those two dash buttons, all at the correct angles (UF, then DF), that's basically the foundation of it and it's something I try to practice. Perhaps some of the experts around here can provide more insight.

McNum

JeTmAn81 said:
While I have played fighting games very casually for most of my life, before MvC3 I couldn't even reliably pull off a Dragon Punch motion, so I can tell you that tri-dashing was and is a pretty difficult thing for me to pull off, at least compared to how you see the pros doing it. Unfortunately, I think it's the kind of thing that takes a lot of practice to build up muscle memory and really be able to do consistently.

The fact that it requires two buttons to dash is also a challenge for me as I sometimes will hit one right before the other and will not get a dash. For a while I had a single button mapped to dash, but I decided it would be better in the long run if I broke that habit.

In any event, from what I can tell Doctor Doom is one of the least air dash intensive characters when comparing to someone like Magneto or even Storm. He actually uses a lot of dashes, but his loops and attack style don't seem to require them to be used quite so quickly or accurately.

I think the best thing to practice is probably just the transition from super jumping forward into dashing down. The trick with that is to make sure you get high enough with your jump that when dashing down and attacking, your attack still has enough time to come out before hitting the ground. That's an issue for me with Magneto. But just going from jumping into hitting those two dash buttons, all at the correct angles (UF, then DF), that's basically the foundation of it and it's something I try to practice. Perhaps some of the experts around here can provide more insight.
That's me in a nutshell, too. Couldn't pull off a Shoryuken consistently until Street Fighter 4, only to learn that the game was going easy on me with shortcuts and that MvC3 was going to show me just how wrong I was. Took several hours in training mode with Zero just repeatedly inputting F, D, DF, Atk over and over and over until I could get 10 in a row. Then I switched sides and started over. It does help that my other "main", is Felicia, and she needs her DP motions badly, so I did learn a little from the kitty. Reverse dragon punch still messes with my head, though. I've avoided airdashers, until I got to play Morrigan, where you don't really have a choice. I like Morrigan, but I'm not sure if I got anything to work with her apart from shenanigans.

Frankly, if I pull off the Buktooth loop, it'll be the first "good" thing I've learned in a fighting game. Not just decent, but actually good. I've looked at Magneto and Storm, and just dismissed them out of hand as way too difficult for me. (I know the irony of picking Felicia after that, never said I played a GOOD Felicia.) I fear Dr. Strange might be a little out of reach for me, too, but I'm going to try him out anyway. I'm fairly sure I can pull off Phoenix Wright, though, and if I can't do Strange, I'll find someone else with a lockdown assist. Or try to see if Morrigan and/or Felicia are good there.

Top Bottom