• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Durden77

I hope Neo_G being gone doesn't affect this too much. He seemed to have a big influence on MvC3.

Also who was the MvC3 producer again? I remember yelling his name alot. Is he still with Capcom?

Gwenpool is from a completely different dimension where Marvel is seen the way we see it (comics/movies/games/shows/etc.). She's more-or-less Marvel's way of cashing in on Deadpool's popularity.
Just out of curiosity, are they both Gwen Stacys or they just happen to be called Gwen?

I hope Neo_G being gone doesn't affect this too much. He seemed to have a big influence on MvC3.

Also who was the MvC3 producer again? I remember yelling his name alot. Is he still with Capcom?
Niitsuma

I think he's still there but this is mostly Capcom USA

Just out of curiosity, are they both Gwen Stacys or they just happen to be called Gwen?
Gwenpool's last name is Poole, not Stacy.

Seyavesh

her name is literally "gwen poole"

but the origin of the outfit/character comes from a retarded gwen stacy cover variant for deadpool/a buncha other comics with their own stupid takes on '[x]-gwen' iirc

Sou Da

They happen to both be called Qwen, book's pretty good btw.

It deals with how she doesn't see any of the Marvel characters as real people and how she does things just to remain popular because she knows that's one of the few things that will keep her alive.

GeoNeo

I disagree.

The community made Mahvel Capcom have no fucking idea of what a crazy beast they make when it comes to Mahvel 😊

I'll miss Niitsuma <3

What unspeakable things must I do to get this as a costume for Ryu?

Space-Ryu.jpg

McNum

Ah yes, very good. For the first phase where you fight a Sigma/Ultron team. But you know how final bosses are with having a super final form. Or just call in Galactus like in MvC3.

So for a final phase, I'd want THIS!

Bonus points if they actually try to remake that boss fight in a fighting game. The attacks would have to be made avoidable without wall clinging, and of course Ultron would either take over as one of the Sigmas, or add his own twists to it. But I'd love to see people who know that fight from Megaman X4 go "Oh... fuck." when that music kicks in and Sigma leads with the THE END! attack.

X4 final boss for reference. Battle in question starts here.

On the other side, Rocket getting in Ultimate did a huge boost to the Guardians' popularity. Not even hardcore comics nerds knew who the hell they were until he showed up.

I know a lot of people that got introduced to cosmic marvel thanks to Nova being in Ultimate.

Best believe I shilled out Annihilation to everyone I knew at that point.

Kinsei

Banned
If the final boss really is Sigma fused with Ultron (I believe it will be) then I really hope we get their unfused forms as playable characters. I would love to play as Sigma.

On the other side, Rocket getting in Ultimate did a huge boost to the Guardians' popularity. Not even hardcore comics nerds knew who the hell they were until he showed up.
We haven't even seen gameplay yet and I've already heard "Gwenpool" in this thread more than I have in my entire life.

There's nothing hardcore "comics nerd" about marvel's annihilation cosmic arc.
There's way, way, way more "hardcore nerd" shit than that.

Wallach

Star-Lord better get his Annihilation costume, at least as an alternate or something. I'd main the shit out of Star-Lord.

Can't wait to see the full roster. Both of these companies have so many good characters to draw from.

In terms of powers or personality? In terms of powers, Gwenpool has none. She's supposed to be a normal girl from "our" world who uses weapons and combat training to do her fighting.

Spider-Gwen is an alternate universe version of Peter Parker's deceased ex. She has all of Peter's powers.

Also Gwenpool isn't Gwen Stacy.... her real name is Gwen Poole. She started off as alt cover for Spider-Gwen and was spun off into her own character based on fan response.

Hype level dimension destroying...first day for sure, especially if they keep Viewitiful Joe.

(Also, why is no-one discussing that 4chan leak list mentioned some pages ago, the one that correctly included this and many other PSX announcements as well as a friggin Demon's Souls remaster for PS4 and a robot game by FROM - i.e. the only two things that not did not actually happen (yet)? Was this list real or?)

Could you repost this? Even if its potentially fake I'm still curious.

Trailer definitely looked a bit off / cheap / unofficial (as in not in-house) to me, the faces especially. Ryu in particular never looked less appealing to me.

X being in is absolutely fantastic though.

Not miffed about the 2v2 personally since I actually think that this might be a good way to make the game more accessible to newcomers and expand the FGC. 3v3 always was a bit too chaotic for me at least.

(Also, why is no-one discussing that 4chan leak list mentioned some pages ago, the one that correctly included this and many other PSX announcements as well as a friggin Demon's Souls remaster for PS4 and a robot game by FROM - i.e. the only two things that not did not actually happen (yet)? Was this list real or?)
It was for sure posted before the presentation, but as you said it wasn't completely true.

TreIII

If the final boss really is Sigma fused with Ultron (I believe it will be) then I really hope we get their unfused forms as playable characters. I would love to play as Sigma.

Same. Though, three MM characters (from one series, no less!) would be a lot to ask for, assuming Zero is back.

Top Bottom