• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mega Man ‏@MegaMan 1h1 hour ago
Mega Man Retweeted MVC: Infinite
Iron Man? Sounds familiar. Is he related to Metal Man? Well, either way, I'm sure X will take care of him!

Wallach

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";225932336]It's Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter 2. 2v2 with Gems.[/QUOTE]

alright alright alright

1upsuper

Someone want to explain why this is so hyped on Gaf? Is it just cause we're all a bunch of nerds who like Capcom and Marvel or is there something to this game that makes it interesting to people like me who aren't good at traditional fighting games.

I think you might be underestimating how large the fighting game community is. This is a staple franchise.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
My second alpha stick from Amazon just arrived today. Time to teach the young 'un some snapbacks.

nded

Personally, I didnt mind the cgi designs themselves(except Carol who looks weird). Its that the action in the trailer felt kind of clunky. Ryu running up to hit Iron Man looked really akward.

Yeah, it's kind of that Western game dev habit of making attacks just come out of nowhere with no windup or sense of momentum or even follow-through. The sort of thing you see in Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct.

Carol's little combo looked especially disjointed.

Skab

Kenneth Bradley ‏@KBradJStorm 1h1 hour ago
Bout to give @TheComboFiend the work in HIS game on PS4 BABY!!!!!! Let me wreck this fool right quick!

CyxoPKyUsAAR5yQ.jpg

"his" game, ps4 version of UMVC4 or Infinite? :3

its probably ultimate since its at PSX

Capcom Fighters ‏@CapcomFighters 14m14 minutes ago
Don't miss the first look at #MVCI gameplay tonight at #CapcomCup. A special extended gameplay trailer will air tomorrow on ESPN2!

Hes talking about 3. There was another tweet showing them playing it.

I can't wait to see Regina revealed. ;) Get Hype

I think she would be much more interesting than any RE protagonist. In DC 1 and 2 they had other guns besides conventional weaponry (Even can take some of Dylan's weapons too) and she can load different bullets like tranq shots so she can possibly have different effects.

Raitaro

Trailer definitely looked a bit off / cheap / unofficial (as in not in-house) to me, the faces especially. Ryu in particular never looked less appealing to me.

X being in is absolutely fantastic though.

Not miffed about the 2v2 personally since I actually think that this might be a good way to make the game more accessible to newcomers and expand the FGC. 3v3 always was a bit too chaotic for me at least.

(Also, why is no-one discussing that 4chan leak list mentioned some pages ago, the one that correctly included this and many other PSX announcements as well as a friggin Demon's Souls remaster for PS4 and a robot game by FROM - i.e. the only two things that not did not actually happen (yet)? Was this list real or?)

Yeah...

I gotta agree with the theory that the guy at the end is Sigma. Looks way too much like him. Man, if they give us X and Sigma in the same game, even if Sigma isn't playable idk what i'll say. Just the other week the idea of Sigma even being in a non-X game was insane let alone like this. Sigma/Ultron for the win. Put base Sigma as a regular character and we good.

X4 Sigma for the roster and Sigma/Ultron fusion for the final boss would be perfect.

That'd probably be the only reason the Switch gets a port down the line, so Marvel/Capcom can get in on that Amiibo gravy train.

Mentioned this in the other thread but if a Switch version happened for MVC, I think it'd be pretty cool to have some console exclusive Nintendo guest characters like Link and Samus show up, as an incentive for people to buy that version (like Link in Soul Calibur 2 for Gamecube).

Link and Spider-Man in the same game together. Imagine the headlines.

Someone want to explain why this is so hyped on Gaf? Is it just cause we're all a bunch of nerds who like Capcom and Marvel or is there something to this game that makes it interesting to people like me who aren't good at traditional fighting games.
I love marvel and love the mega man series that's why I'm hyped.

Jawmuncher

I think she would be much more interesting than any RE protagonist. In DC 1 and 2 they had other guns besides conventional weaponry (Even can take some of Dylan's weapons too) and she can load different bullets like tranq shots so she can possibly have different effects.

Yep. If guns are somehow a problem in this.
Regina gets past that easily with the fire wall, flamethrower, Stun Rod, and Solid Cannon. There's also the Rocket Launcher, Missle pod, grenade launcher and Chainmine for explosives.

Then like you said she could have tranquilizers.

Coda

I look forward to, like SFV, listening to commentators trying to figure out the game and what they're looking at as the first exhibition goes down.

Same here, I'm thinking we'll see just these 4 characters but I'd love to see additional characters unveiled tonight too, just keep bringing the hype Capcom!

vg260

I'm someone who bought a Sega Saturn to play xmen, marvel superheroes, xmen vs streetfighter and marvel vs streetfighter with the 4mb ram cart.

Same.

The original release of MSH on the Saturn was some of the most hyped I've ever been for a game, and also let down when the game had slowdown issues. The ones following it were amazing with the 4MB cart.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
2v2 and no X-men and people are still excited for this?

Of Course, I'm always hyped for brand new marvel game. No X-Men would open a gate for more good Non-X-Men characters getting in the game, like Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, etc.

Of course, I would miss few X-Men characters and Doom.

Give me my remix, Capcom!! I know he's coming!

Gene's Rock-A-Bye

I want to see this costume as alt costume for Mega Man X.

e5oIyp5.jpg

Yeah, it's kind of that Western game dev habit of making attacks just come out of nowhere with no windup or sense of momentum or even follow-through. The sort of thing you see in Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct.

Carol's little combo looked especially disjointed.
No no no I actually liked those parts I'm talking about those 2 or 3 seconds when Ryu is running towards Tony and powers up. That looked weird as shit as well as X falling over and Carol putting up her arms in a fighting stance.

Early listen to the final boss theme for MvC:I.

Mentioned this in the other thread but if a Switch version happened for MVC, I think it'd be pretty cool to have some console exclusive Nintendo guest characters like Link and Samus show up, as an incentive for people to buy that version (like Link in Soul Calibur 2 for Gamecube).

Link and Spider-Man in the same game together. Imagine the headlines.

I'm not sure about any exclusive characters, but I could see some Amiibo-related features.

Of Course, I'm always hyped for brand new marvel game. No X-Men would open a gate for more good Non-X-Men characters getting in the game, like Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, etc.

Of course, I would miss few X-Men characters and Doom.

I want to see this costume as alt costume for Mega Man X.

e5oIyp5.jpg
Yes!!!! This or his other armors.

I really hope Capcom switch up their aesthetic. I am so done with campy rainbow-vomit goofyness. My inner edgelord needs some moody temples and backstreets.

shaowebb

I hope this is basically TvC2. Get mega crashed brehs

VVFB9sV.jpg

I wish for this to be the case. And if the infinity gems turn out to be like Arcanas in that they add passives, specials and different xfactor tools depending on which you choose I'll need to go back to my cardiologist.

nded

No no no I actually liked those parts I'm talking about those 2 or 3 seconds when Ryu is running towards Tony and powers up. That looked weird as shit as well as X falling over and Carol putting up her arms in a fighting stance.

Oh, okay. I didn't like those parts and I hope the actual attacks don't animate like that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Not stated but people are getting vibes of a KI or SFV styled Season system with constant roster updates, which would not be strange for marvel given a lot of their current games in mobile and pc follow this style.

Someone in other thread said SFV Style Season systems aren't going to happens for MVC:I. That's why I dismissed it because I would love to support SFV update style for MVC:I because I'm going to be on a Marvel train for long time.

Top Bottom