• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Kinsei

Banned
Trailer definitely looked a bit off / cheap / unofficial (as in not in-house) to me, the faces especially. Ryu in particular never looked less appealing to me.

X being in is absolutely fantastic though.

Not miffed about the 2v2 personally since I actually think that this might be a good way to make the game more accessible to newcomers and expand the FGC. 3v3 always was a bit too chaotic for me at least.

(Also, why is no-one discussing that 4chan leak list mentioned some pages ago, the one that correctly included this and many other PSX announcements as well as a friggin Demon's Souls remaster for PS4 and a robot game by FROM - i.e. the only two things that not did not actually happen (yet)? Was this list real or?)

It also mentioned a new Parappa game (didn't happen) which recast Parappa's voice (also didn't happen). They just had some lucky guesses.

Same. Though, three MM characters (from one series, no less!) would be a lot to ask for, assuming Zero is back.

It all depends on the roster size. If it's on the smaller side then I could see Zero getting cut.

Clipse

So which obscure Capcom character makes it in this time?
large.jpg
Sengoku Basara rep would be amazing imo.

Ponn

Banned
I want to be excited but the 'no more mutants' is real and it hurts. It hurts bad. This is going to take some time to get over.

Same. Though, three MM characters (from one series, no less!) would be a lot to ask for, assuming Zero is back.

Depends on the roster size. I mean, it's really only a step up from MvC3 which had Zero and Tron. Sigma and X were popularly requested characters for MvC3, and Zero has been a popular character from the game. Plus it would be criminal to not be able to have an X/Zero team.

The only part that would sort of bug me would be the three X series characters, but honestly those are the ones I wanted to see in MvC most so it really isn't that bad. They could add other characters from the Megaman series through DLC.

TreIII

Sengoku Basara rep would be amazing imo.

That'd be the dream. Though since we haven't gotten a new game in the West for 6 years, I don't have high hopes.

The most optimal time was to put him in UMVC3, when Samurai Heroes had been released and Funimation had a dub of the anime going on in close proximity. Such a missed opportunity...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
On the other side, Rocket getting in Ultimate did a huge boost to the Guardians' popularity. Not even hardcore comics nerds knew who the hell they were until he showed up.

..thats based on the fact that the characters look nothing like their comics counterparts outside of groot in a way. and thats still based on looks. hell quite a few people here thought iron fist was asian and he was in marvel

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars had 26 characters in its roster and three of them were from Mega Man. Unless this game only has like 12 fighters or something, I don't think three MM reps is that ludicrous.

Dabanton

Can't say I'm impressed with those designs it looked very for the want of a better word cheap. Looking forward to seeing actual gameplay.

I'm thinking back to the opening movie for Ultimate MvC3 where the character designs were hype. I'm hoping that now that Marvel has obscene power they aren't pushing Capcom in certain directions.

here's the real question - do you think they'll dump chun li? I always thought she was a bad fit for these games because she always turns out to be very limited in use and mobility.

At least with Ryu they power up his fireballs and make him a good damage dealer. I feel like chun li is always shoehorened into marvel and she doesn't do well.

JazzmanZ

here's the real question - do you think they'll dump chun li? I always thought she was a bad fit for these games because she always turns out to be very limited in use and mobility.

At least with Ryu they power up his fireballs and make him a good damage dealer. I feel like chun li is always shoehorened into marvel and she doesn't do well.

Chun Li is never going away, she's iconic

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

chun li is a high flyer in the marvel series. and i want her to stay around because maybe shadow lady will come back

TreIII

Depends on the roster size. I mean, it's really only a step up from MvC3 which had Zero and Tron. Sigma and X were popularly requested characters for MvC3, and Zero has been a popular character from the game. Plus it would be criminal to not be able to have an X/Zero team.

The only part that would sort of bug me would be the three X series characters, but honestly those are the ones I wanted to see in MvC most so it really isn't that bad. They could add other characters from the Megaman series through DLC.

I mean...if it's the kind of long game that Capcom wants to run in order to stir up interest in the X series, by having those characters take center stage in crossovers, now, by all means!

Even if the new cartoon and eventual mobile game are attempts to make MM relevant for kids again, I could definitely see them going back to X on consoles as a way to keep core gamers happy, too. MvC can certainly be an effective marketing vehicle to prepare for that.

And besides, Classic Rock has earned a bit of a rest.

I mean, people said the same thing about Phoenix Wright. I wouldn't be worried about that.
Yeah but even Phoenix had the objection bubble

Anyway, I think this trailer would have been super good if they added in two more characters. It's got good stuff but it drags when you're just watching Ryu and Captain Marvel for too long. First victim of the new 2v2 system.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Chun-Li seems to always somehow secure a roster slot, followed by "cool, I guess" and then everyone spends their time fawning over the comparatively more interesting movesets of the character she's revealed alongside instead of hers.

She's always felt retrofitted to try and work in MvC, never really easily modifiable or inherently suitable for an MvC game. Unlike, say, C.Viper.

StereoVsn

Here is big question (in day 1 for this one). Which game is going to get SP Arcade first, this one or SF5? ;)

Overall looking pretty good so far. It will be interesting to see full cast (got to have Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage in there).

Chun was actually pretty great in XvSF and MvC1. (Though that was mostly thanks to infinites especially in the case of the former) She was great in TvC too, since that isn't too far removed from Marvel.

I think it's possible to make her a viable Vs. series character, but they've got to do something about her health.

Top Bottom