• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

kirblar

So Ultron with Sigma's weird clown face for a torso?
Yeah, Sigma-infected Thanos makes the most sense.

MvC3's style looks like it does in large part because having 6 characters eats up a lot of memory. SFIV style wouldn't be doable- even SFxT had to hugely cut down on GFX quality.

Spinky

OK, uh, can someone tell me how long we've got until Capcom Cup ends? Since I have to go to sleep now and then probably get up again for this shit in a couple of hours?

RedBoot

Alright time for to make a wishlist.

bof2-nina.jpg

Yes. If Nina makes it in, it must be BOF2 Nina. Best design, accept no substitutes.

As far as Ryu goes, I actually kind of like all his designs. I guess I'd want BOF4 Ryu the most? BOF1 Ryu's got a nice retro feel to it, though.

Azerare

May Capcom hear you.

I've seen a lot of people complain about the 2v2 system. Why is that? I thought the original MvC and TvC were fine. Do you find it less fun/involving, or is it bad balance-wise to you guys?
MvC2 is really the one that blew up and got people's attention with 3v3.

How bad do I have to dream for Ruby Heart return.

crosspost but:

reading Claremont's UXM while this game is announced with no X-Men is like a massive kick in the balls

X-Men objectively > rest of Marvel

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yes. If Nina makes it in, it must be BOF2 Nina. Best design, accept no substitutes.

As far as Ryu goes, I actually kind of like all his designs. I guess I'd want BOF4 Ryu the most? BOF1 Ryu's got a nice retro feel to it, though.

Yes! BOF2 Nina is definitely best design. Maybe we should make a noise for BOF rep to get their attention.

Maybe they're just taking the story mode that didn't come to fruition for MvC3 and plopping it into MvCI?

Probably. I'm looking forward for it to see if they manage to get it in or not.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Marvel gonna make damn sure the story is tight, because otherwise the whole idea of pushing the MCU doesn't really go anywhere
The extent of the MCU influence is just in the selection of characters. There's top down pressure, just like there was for MvC3, but after seeing the teaser trailer, it seems like it's going to be a lot more like MvC3 than the direction some of the talk beforehand was going (everything from story, character designs, etc. modelled after the MCU versions).

The extent of the MCU influence is just in the selection of characters. There's top down pressure, just like there was for MvC3, but after seeing the teaser trailer, it seems like it's going to be a lot more like MvC3 than the direction some of the talk beforehand was going (everything from story, character designs, etc. modelled after the MCU versions).
Well, if there are MCU voices, thats probably a lot of pressure

Considering that Street Fighter x All Capcom card game used BoF3 designs for both Ryu and Nina, I have a feeling that's what they'd default to.

latest

latest

Really though I could see either character having costumes from the different games.

Two Words

Somebody please edit this video and put all of the X-Men/Fantastic 4/etc characters that won't be in MvC: Infinite now that Disney is having a fit with their MCU obsession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCNgNkAZqg4

Woody- Wolverine
Buzz- Dr Doom
Jesse- Storm
Rex- Sentinel
Mr Potato Head- Sabertooth
Mrs Potato Head- Psylock
Slink- Gambit
Hamm- Juggernaut

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Combofiend better be at Capcom Cup when they reveal the gameplay talking about it.

That dude just makes me feel warm inside, he just radiates niceness

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Xbox One version? I'm in. 😎

I'd like Xbox One backwards compatibility for the previous MVC games released on X360, too.

Fitts

2v2? Huh... wasn't expecting that. I usually prefer that over 3v3.

I don't know about bringing back gems, though.

JediLink

I'm not put off by it being 2v2, or possibly having a smaller roster, or anything. They got my boy X. I'm hype as fuck by that merit alone.

If this game gets Rocket League esque crossplay with the PC version players being able to play against XB1 and PS4 people then that would make me much more likely to buy the game, at least on day 1.

RedBoot

Considering that Street Fighter x All Capcom card game used BoF3 designs for both Ryu and Nina, I have a feeling that's what they'd default to.

latest

latest

Really though I could see either character having costumes from the different games.

Probably. I feel like Capcom has generally defaulted to the BOF3 designs whenever making callbacks to the series.

That being said, the BOF2 Nina was on one of the cards in UMvC3, so there's a chance.

Top Bottom