• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

amtrack

Neo Member
so which pagan deity do i have to sacrifice something to to get another ace attorney character, a ghost trick character, gene and like fucking proto man into the game in some gameplay-related form?

Well this is the current bar for "huge".

2518719-6766466164-TTT2c.png
Is it also the bar for hideous UI's? my lord...

Wesker better be in man.

Fuck Wesker!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone explain Sigma and why people like him. I guess he's a Megaman villain?

I only really played the first few games back in the day

NotLiquid

If mvc4 is good then I can see it taking over sfv. MVC 3 at one point surpassed sfiv. From stream viewership. Not entrants number though. Sfiv always had more entrants than mvc3.

If MvCI can be at least as good as Tatsunoko then I expect it to be pretty good in the long run.

Negaduck

someone explain Sigma and why people like him. I guess he's a Megaman villain?

I only really played the first few games back in the day

Sigma was the very first reploids (robots to hunt mavericks) and was like the top tier one. Was leader of the maverick hunter (mavericks were bad guy robots?).

Something happened and he defected and became the leader of the mavericks and started hunting reploids. He used to be the commander for zero and X at the start.

He also looks bad ass. And power wise Hella buff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and why does him merged with Ultron make sense?

I know the Ultron part...

Negaduck

and why does him merged with Ultron make sense?

I know the Ultron part...

Like ultron, Sigma has been known to swap bodies to gain more and more power. So it could be Sigma that has taken over ultron or they did the fusion dance to body everyone

cordy

Banned
Sigma's the one who turned Zero good in the first place. With that said, Zero's also the one who turned Sigma evil if I remember right. Basically...

- Wily created Zero and sealed him in a capsule, years later it opened and Zero caused trouble
- Sigma was Commander and he fought Zero and beat his ass, they brought Zero in for inspection
- Zero's "Zero Virus" was transferred through Sigma once Sigma busted his head open or something and it mutated inside of Sigma turning into the "Sigma Virus" which doesn't show up until later
- Zero didn't cause anymore trouble so he joined Sigma's squad
- X was discovered so he also joined under Sigma's squad
- Sigma felt Reploids were being held down so he and some others revolted

and that's where Megaman X starts

- X and Zero go after Sigma

trutrutru

Capcom's list of features describes players being able to engage in "accessible and FREE-FORM" 2v2 team battles, that allow for new gameplay dynamics never before seen in the franchise

What do they mean by "free-form"?

Sigma was the very first reploids (robots to hunt mavericks) and was like the top tier one. Was leader of the maverick hunter (mavericks were bad guy robots?).

Something happened and he defected and became the leader of the mavericks and started hunting reploids. He used to be the commander for zero and X at the start.

He also looks bad ass. And power wise Hella buff.

Reploids weren't robots to hunt Mavericks, Reploids are simply humanoid robots with free will. Sometimes Reploids will malfunction due to various reasons (errors, virus or judgements that causes harm to humans), these are called Mavericks.

The Maverick Hunters are a group of Reploids who protect the humans & reploids from the Mavericks.

Sigma's the one who turned Zero good in the first place. With that said, Zero's also the one who turned Sigma evil if I remember right. Basically...

- Wily created Zero and sealed him in a capsule, years later it opened and Zero caused trouble
- Sigma was Commander and he fought Zero and beat his ass, they brought Zero in for inspection
- Zero's "Zero Virus" was transferred through Sigma once Sigma busted his head open or something and it mutated inside of Sigma turning into the "Sigma Virus" which doesn't show up until later
- Zero didn't cause anymore trouble so he joined Sigma's squad
- X was discovered so he also joined under Sigma's squad
- Sigma felt Reploids were being held down so he and some others revolted

and that's where Megaman X starts

- X and Zero go after Sigma

Sigma (the acting leader of the Maverick Hunters before the X-Series) actually turned into a Maverick himself when he fought Zero for the first time. After he fought Zero near his capsule, which was leaking the Maverick Virus, he was severely weakened because Zero almost defeated Sigma, but he managed to get the upper hand. Due to large exposure to the Maverick Virus during the fight and being very weak after the heat of battle, Sigma started to succumb to the Maverick Virus real quick which turned him into a Maverick.
Sigma did NOT get infected by Zero in anyway, so not even the punching on Zero's crystal on his helmet.
The Zero Virus is something that is developed later.

Top Bottom