• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

aMpJoOS.png

So whose stage is that? Is the bust of anyone in particular? I know very little about cosmic Marvel.
Gotta be an Asgardian

Neoxon

Here's some more fuel for the Ultron+Sigma fusion fire.

2NRxAzK.png

Credit goes to D_I_N_X on Twitter for finding/making this.

aMpJoOS.png

So whose stage is that? Is the bust of anyone in particular? I know very little about cosmic Marvel.

Looks Asgardian, both due to the walls in the background and the statue. The statue is probably of Odin, looks very similar to his usual getups. I wanna say I can barely make out the eyepatch on his right eye there, and of course with the full beard and his helmet having both horns and wings:
odin.gif

So much so, that it even is in the movies:

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
How many hours away is this?

Closing Ceremony is supposedly to start at 10PM PST (1AM EST) which is 6 hours away.

Yo what' if they have a beta like sfv did???? Sorry hype talking for me.

That would be fantastic to get our hands on beta earlier and allow them to take some feedbacks on battle engines.

With the Infinity Gems being used, Thanos being in is all but confirmed, right?

It would be very interesting to see if we are going to get more villains as playable characters this time. Someone like Loki, Dormmamu, Ultron, Thanos, Wesker, Sigma, Spiderman Villain, etc.

aMpJoOS.png

The viking like statue pegs it as Asgard. Some shots make me think of the first stage from Mega Man X, so maybe its the worlds merging, though it could still just be straight up Asgard with a more futuristic interpretation.

Fuck. MvC is an expensive game for me because I can't make myself play on pad any more.

What's the cheapest PS4 stick? Owned a hori and a TE. Don't like the Hori but was very comfortable with the TE. Is there a similar, cheaper alternative out right now?

Fuck. MvC is an expensive game for me because I can't make myself play on pad any more.

What's the cheapest PS4 stick? Owned a hori and a TE. Don't like the Hori but was very comfortable with the TE. Is there a similar, cheaper alternative out right now?

Look into a Brook converter. You can use your current stick for the current gen. It's a much cheaper alternative to getting a new stick.

i-Jest

i hope Nova, Dante, Vergil and Iron Fist are all in this game.

Ricard Rider Nova? I don't think so. He's not relevant in Marvel right now. The new Nova, some kid, might be in though. As for Dante, I'd like to see DMC 5 Dante, if he'll ever be a thing, just for promo/brand awareness reasons. If not then I'm fine with DMC 4 Dante, but fuck do we need that DMC 5 announcement.

TaterTots

Banned
You might be too young to remember.... go lookup Capcom's Marvel Super Heroes

Was this game popular in the fgc and at tournaments? That's more so what I am getting at. Also, I don't remember game changing gems just Infinity specials. Guess we'll learn more tonight.

Skab

Ricard Rider Nova? I don't think so. He's not relevant in Marvel right now. The new Nova, some kid, might be in though. As for Dante, I'd like to see DMC 5 Dante, if he'll ever be a thing, just for promo/brand awareness reasons. If not then I'm fine with DMC 4 Dante, but fuck do we need that DMC 5 announcement.

Richard is back in the comics now, btw

aMpJoOS.png

Looks like Asgard(?) merged with the opening stage of Mega Man X. (Note the futuristic buildings and the fact that the trailer takes place on a highway)

Neoxon

Richard Rider Nova? I don't think so. He's not relevant in Marvel right now. The new Nova, some kid, might be in though. As for Dante, I'd like to see DMC 5 Dante, if he'll ever be a thing, just for promo/brand awareness reasons. If not then I'm fine with DMC 4 Dante, but fuck do we need that DMC 5 announcement.
Richard Rider's actually back in the comics this coming week. And even before his return, Marvel Heroes was able to use Richard Rider as the default Nova of the game.

TreIII

Here's some more fuel for the Ultron+Sigma fusion fire.

2NRxAzK.png

Credit goes to D_I_N_X on Twitter for finding/making this.

Yeah, I'm very much in the hole for the idea that Sigma is in the mix, somehow.

If it was all MMX characters in game this time to rep MM, it'd very much match my idea that a) they chose the Rockman series that is perhaps the most dear to Western audiences and b) is possibly the one "older" series that they may be looking to reinvigorate as something for older audiences while kids have the toon and its associated mobile game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looks like Asgard(?) merged with the opening stage of Mega Man X. (Note the futuristic buildings and the fact that the trailer takes place on a highway)
I think it's a cool idea if all the stages were a mix of the two franchises, but I think I kind of prefer stages that are themed to one or the other.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Richard Rider's actually back in the comics this coming week. And even before his return, Marvel Heroes was able to use Richard Rider as the default Nova of the game.

And the default Nova in Marvel Heroes last year.

shaowebb

Hmmm...well looks like we got the Ghosts and Goblins black and white redux stage at least in UMVC3.
*damn wrong marvel thread*

dankir

I knew your avatar looked familiar.

I guess I got caught in the GAF -> Internet -> GAF loop.

Well Yipes was saying it was definitely Sigma and I'm sure it is. But the purple eyes gotta be Ultron.

I still hope you beat Ultron-Sigma and then Thanos comes in with full Gauntlet and then the real battle starts.

I think it's a cool idea if all the stages were a mix of the two franchises, but I think I kind of prefer stages that are themed to one or the other.

Yeah, I see what they're going for but I'd prefer the way the series has always handled stages.

That said, it's just a CG trailer, so it may not even be representative of how stages will work out.

Skab

Well Yipes was saying it was definitely Sigma and I'm sure it is. But the purple eyes gotta be Ultron.

I still hope you beat Ultron-Sigma and then Thanos comes in with full Gauntlet and then the real battle starts.

Ultron has red eyes though.

It does seem sort of odd that something based around the Infinity Gems/Stones would have its big villain be Ultron (And Sigma) but not Thanos. Maybe we'll have some Thanos en flambe in form of a merged Thanos and Pyron

Neoxon

Speaking of stages, what Marvel stages would you guys want in MvCI (sadly, none from X-Men/F4)? I'd have to go with...
  • Avengers Tower
  • New Avengers Facility
  • Knowhere
  • Xandar
  • Hell's Kitchen
  • Harlem's Paradise
  • Stark Expo
  • Asgard
  • Sanctum Sanctorum
  • The Dark Dimension
  • Hank Pym's Lab
  • The Microverse

This is one of those times where you might have to accept there seems to be a bunch of people who liked the character that they pushed. You don't, and just move on.

I have to go through this multiple times a year with wrestlers. Sometimes you have to throw your hands up, people like something you don't. Hope the guy you like is in the game

I mean... there aren't. Her comic has been relaunched like 3 times to poor sales. Any other characters with her sales would have gotten their book cancelled. If she were popular I would have understood. But as someone who was a fan post-EMH, there's not much evidence to support that. It's depressing, actually.

Mugy

The only Guardian Of the Galaxy that should be in are both Star-Lord and Rocket Racoon. Anything else is just redundant

Ricard Rider Nova? I don't think so. He's not relevant in Marvel right now. The new Nova, some kid, might be in though.

Richard Rider is back in the comics. Gazillion got to use him as the default instead of Sam Alexander in Marvel Heroes. He also was released in Avengers Alliance before it got shut down.
Marvel is aware that Rider is the more popular one between the two. If Nova is back, it'll be as Rider, and likely with Sam Alexander as costume.

Top Bottom