• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Skab

Not gonna happen, but I really hope the artstyle is more akin to 2 than 3.

MVC2 was a mash of several styles since it used sprites from many different games. Then they set it all to weird kind of out of place 3D stages.

My personal expectation, based off the trailer we got earlier, is something somewhere between 3 and 1.

Here's some more fuel for the Ultron+Sigma fusion fire.

2NRxAzK.png

Credit goes to D_I_N_X on Twitter for finding/making this.
This is from the first few pages of this thread I think.

If it's not Ultron merged with Sigma, I will eat my hat.

2NRxAzK.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It does seem sort of odd that something based around the Infinity Gems/Stones would have its big villain be Ultron (And Sigma) but not Thanos. Maybe we'll have some Thanos en flambe in form of a merged Thanos and Pyron

Maybe it was just teasing a normal character lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
aMpJoOS.png

So whose stage is that? Is the bust of anyone in particular? I know very little about cosmic Marvel.

Asgard x MegaMan X's location? I know some materials there really reminded me of Asgard. Ironically it really reminded me of the location they used for first Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 trailer.

Edited: Never Mind. I already got beaten by someone in previous page. Serve me right for double checking the trailer to make sure.

Neoxon

With 2v2, Star Lord and Nova would make a really fun team.
Hell yeah it would be.

As for the representation of the Guardians, Rocket was mentioned by Eurogamer, Groot was leaked by Polygon (& backed up by Eurogamer), & Star-Lord is the leader of the team. Maybe we can get Gamora as well, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Guardians representation stopped at the first 3 mentioned.

The earliest the ban was instated has been mid 2014.
The last mutant-related content that Avengers Alliance released was in July 2014.
Late 2014, actually. Contest of Champions dropped on December 10, 2014.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Ricard Rider Nova? I don't think so. He's not relevant in Marvel right now. The new Nova, some kid, might be in though. As for Dante, I'd like to see DMC 5 Dante, if he'll ever be a thing, just for promo/brand awareness reasons. If not then I'm fine with DMC 4 Dante, but fuck do we need that DMC 5 announcement.

They actually made richard rider nova the default in Marvel Heroes because fans were like...what is this sam alexander garbage.
Plus richard is back soon.

Wesker needs to be back. Not just 'cause he's fun as fuck to use, but I need him hamming it up in the story mode.

Hoping the extended trailer teases potential characters.
Really lame that the only thing to decipher is Ultron/Sigma

They should go ham with the silhouette teases again. Those were fun.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think it's a cool idea if all the stages were a mix of the two franchises, but I think I kind of prefer stages that are themed to one or the other.

I know I might be picky but I would prefer to see locations to not getting meshed. I would love to see certain locations from Marvel universe and Capcom Universe on their owns. Also I'm totally okay with cross-over concept for certain locations, like Avengers Academy would have some young characters from Capcom being there to rooting for the fighters.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
All of these crossover game trailers/intros are the same. Dramatic music, characters posing generically and then running at each other. Yawn. This is the same shit as every Vs. or Smash Bros intro.

Use this moment to tell a story: I want to see Peter Parker playing Megaman on NES in his room, then hearing a noise, looking out the window and seeing Dante arial fight Loki or something, and we follow him changing into costume and running into the battle as he passes by Capcom and Marvel easter eggs... just give me something interesting with this opportunity, other than poses and punches.

Jawmuncher

Back then I wanted a storymode with those cutscenes.

Finally I can have my wish.

Wesker needs to be back. Not just 'cause he's fun as fuck to use, but I need him hamming it up in the story mode.

They should go ham with the silhouette teases again. Those were fun.

Hell yeah Wesker needs to come back. DC Douglas is still doing the voice too, so it would be perfect.

Yeah, something to get us talking after the gameplay reveal would be nice to have.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We need vanilla Wesker back so we can pop an infinity stone and do full-screen bullet infinites.

[insert weskerquicksilver.gif here]

TreIII

Hell yeah Wesker needs to come back. DC Douglas is still doing the voice too, so it would be perfect.

Yeah, something to get us talking after the gameplay reveal would be nice to have.

And hey, if nothing else, Wesker being "dead" in mainstream RE canon has no bearing on Earth-30847.

He just may have to find himself a new "pal" if there's no Doc Doom to hang around with.

Phew just caught up with the thread. I had an overnighter and wisely went to bed just before 10am. Hoping hype wouldn't keep me up. Well woke up about 2pm. Trying to go back to sleep but I just kept thinking "That Marvel trailer is probably up now." "But..sleep." "But... Marvel..." My body had made up its mind. Trailer was worth it, holy crap!

I'll miss the "comic book style" but I guess they really are moving away from "comics" and going after something more MCU styled, it makes sense. Also, at least X eases my fears that they'll be using a "realistic" roster.

Also OMG X! Ultron Sigma!

Think we'll get more character reveals tonight or tomorrow?

The ouroboros tease leaves me hopeful for Hiryu coming soon,

but I'm expecting Dante, Morrigan, Captain America, and Hulk at the very least revealed in the full trailer

Skab

Think we'll get more character reveals tonight or tomorrow?

The ouroboros tease leaves me hopeful for Hiryu coming soon,

but I'm expecting Dante, Morrigan, Captain America, and Hulk at the very least revealed in the full trailer

Makes me wonder how theyre going to do it.

Will it just be a extended gameplay trailer showing a bunch of characters, or will it be combofiend playing someone on stage like they did with SF5? Maybe both?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The MvC3 artstyle was sublime.

Still need to see MvCI gameplay in action vut it feels like theyre going for a more realistic look whereas MvC3 was pure comic book style (or anime, we anime now)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Phew just caught up with the thread. I had an overnighter and wisely went to bed just before 10am. Hoping hype wouldn't keep me up. Well woke up about 2pm. Trying to go back to sleep but I just kept thinking "That Marvel trailer is probably up now." "But..sleep." "But... Marvel..." My body had made up its mind. Trailer was worth it, holy crap!

I'll miss the "comic book style" but I guess they really are moving away from "comics" and going after something more MCU styled, it makes sense. Also, at least X eases my fears that they'll be using a "realistic" roster.

Also OMG X! Ultron Sigma!

You miss the comic book style and yet Carol in that trailer is more comic book-y than anything in 3.

Alrighty then :/

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You miss the comic book style and yet Carol in that trailer is more comic book-y than anything in 3.

Alrighty then :/

I would rather to see gameplay video before we would make a comment on art style because there are a huge difference between CGI and Game graphic in UMVC3.

Flowmoney

I hope that we don't get like 3 guardians like Starlord , Groot and Rocket or like 4 Inhumans with one being Black Bolt. That would kill my hype for Marvel side.

I hope that we don't get like 3 guardians like Starlord , Groot and Rocket or like 4 Inhumans with one being Black Bolt. That would kill my hype for Marvel side.
We're definitely getting those three. I think it would be cool if Rocket and Groot were one character though since Rockets MvC3 moveset doesn't match the MCU too much

Rhaknar

I would rather to see gameplay video before we would make a comment on art style because there are a huge difference between CGI and Game graphic in UMVC3.

True. The MCU panic just rubs me the wrong way is all.

Vena

Think about all that DLC comin our way

DLC or not, you've lost a very not-forgettable chunk of very fan-favorite characters from your line-up and, more importantly, the release hype-cycle. Worse still, they are (well, were) defining staples for the series, Wolverine, Cable, Magneto, Sentinel, and Cyclopes are especially big staples for the franchise.

Weiss

Banned
Given their popularity within the game I don't think it's impossible that Capcom would try to negotiate for at least two of Wolverine, Storm, Magneto and Deadpool.

Nobody wants to play as fucking Black Bolt.

Top Bottom