• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

MVC2 was a mash of several styles since it used sprites from many different games. Then they set it all to weird kind of out of place 3D stages.

My personal expectation, based off the trailer we got earlier, is something somewhere between 3 and 1.

I'd be happy if it looked more like 1 than 3. I don't know what it is exactly, but I really don't like how 3 looks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DLC or not, you've lost a very not-forgettable chunk of very fan-favorite characters from your line-up and, more importantly, the release hype-cycle. Worse still, they are (well, were) defining staples for the series, Wolverine, Cable, Magneto, Sentinel, and Cyclopes are especially big staples for the franchise.

Cable was in one game.

DLC or not, you've lost a very not-forgettable chunk of very fan-favorite characters from your line-up and, more importantly, the release hype-cycle. Worse still, they are (well, were) defining staples for the series, Wolverine, Cable, Magneto, Sentinel, and Cyclopes are especially big staples for the franchise.
Cable?

Weiss

Banned
Not really much they can do about it. What add the X-Men anyway and get the pants sued so hard off them by Fox?

That's not how that works. Fox doesn't own the IP, Marvel just doesn't want to put X-Men or FF characters in their media because they don't own their film rights.

I hope Sigma is involved, it would be nice to get a Capcom boss for once instead of it always being a Marvel villain.

Well Abyss from MvC2 was technically Capcom. Also Yami in TvC if we're counting that.

That villain picture above bugs me though due to no Jedah or Pyron. Also the weird Bison design.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I like these choices:

wesker_and_4_capcom_villains_by_monkeygigabuster-d46v47o.jpg

The squad.

Oh Shit. I forget all about Vergil.

True. The MCU panic just rubs me the wrong way is all.

Understandable.

If the supposed lighter ban for Fox characters in 2017 is real, it could mean their inclusion as DLC down the road.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not really much they can do about it. What add the X-Men anyway and get the pants sued hard off them by Fox?

You do realise that they dont add X or F4 characters because they dont want to, they wouldn't get sued.

They just have nothing to gain from it financially because all of this is to feed the movie machine.

Inmolatus

Given their popularity within the game I don't think it's impossible that Capcom would try to negotiate for at least two of Wolverine, Storm, Magneto and Deadpool.

Nobody wants to play as fucking Black Bolt.

Black Bolt would be dope. Fighting with his mouth shut, or maybe whispering for specials, and then when you use the supers it could get very silent and just him saying in a normal voice: No, or Out, and everything exploding. Then a lvl 3 or lvl 5 super with him shouting maybe.

Not really much they can do about it. What add the X-Men anyway and get the pants sued hard off them by Fox?

I don't think that's the issue. Marvel still owns the rights to X-Men and COULD use them in games...they just don't want to, because they don't want to advertise Fox's movies.

I'm sure Fox would be happy with it because, well, they'd get free advertisement. Kinda like how Phil Spencer would be happy to see Banjo & Kazooie get into Smash Bros., despite Microsoft being Nintendo's competitor in the hardware market.

Given their popularity within the game I don't think it's impossible that Capcom would try to negotiate for at least two of Wolverine, Storm, Magneto and Deadpool.

Nobody wants to play as fucking Black Bolt.

I'd fucking LOVE to play as Black Bolt. He's a glorious badass.

Ghazi

All of these crossover game trailers/intros are the same. Dramatic music, characters posing generically and then running at each other. Yawn. This is the same shit as every Vs. or Smash Bros intro.

Use this moment to tell a story: I want to see Peter Parker playing Megaman on NES in his room, then hearing a noise, looking out the window and seeing Dante arial fight Loki or something, and we follow him changing into costume and running into the battle as he passes by Capcom and Marvel easter eggs... just give me something interesting with this opportunity, other than poses and punches.
Go back to writing fanfic.

How I think the villains will shake out:

Ultron
Thanos
Loki
Dormmamu

Sigma
Vergil
Wesker
M. Bison

Wish I could add Fou-Lu to the Capcom villains. :(

Khezu

Black Bolt would be dope. Fighting with his mouth shut, or maybe whispering for specials, and then when you use the supers it could get very silent and just him saying in a normal voice: No, or Out, and everything exploding. Then a lvl 3 or lvl 5 super with him shouting maybe.

A whisper would have to be his level 3.

He has a bunch of other random ass powers to fill his moveset.
Including generic flying brick and energy blasts.

I mean I like BB, but he's not exactly that high on my most wanted list.

Mugy

I want to see if the art style in-game its cartoonish ala Marvel 3 or Tatsunoko. I don't want to Capcom to go into the Injustice way.

Hell yeah Wesker needs to come back. DC Douglas is still doing the voice too, so it would be perfect.

Yeah, something to get us talking after the gameplay reveal would be nice to have.

Well apart from Wesker and Sigma, which other villains Capcom has that can get in?

I guess Akuma or Bison but I can't think of anyone else.

Mugy

X is super cartoony in the trailer, so I think you're safe.

Yeah is just a cinematic trailer and stuff, but i get a weird sensation just by seeing Ryu with that lightning effects around him. He seems directly from SFV, with just a weird-looking Megaman X next to him. Same for Carol Danvers, she looks some-way realistic in the trailer.

Wesker absolutely will be in. We need more Capcom villains and he's like the most villainous Capcom character ever.

If we need Capcom Villains

Would he be too much? I'd like to see a second Strider representative. Hien wouldn't be unique enough, but I'd take nearly anyone

Who would be the Street Fighter villain rep if we got one? Bison?
Darkstalkers?
Vergil coming back is pretty guaranteed,

Inmolatus

If he does show up he might be the only one. They really don't even push the inhumans in mobile games at all. Mostly characters that are in movies are soon to be. I'm sure we will see Galaxy characters soon.

Yeah I've read a lot of Marvel comics and I dont care very much for Inhumans. The people who just watch the movies dont give a fuck about them at all, so even if I see it as an opportunity to make a cool inhuman top tier and get people to know them before a future movie, I dont think we will see any inhuman aside from BB, Medusa or Quake.

I just want a Gene/Dante+Iron Fist couple, or a Richard Rider+Starlord to kick some ass.

Top Bottom