• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Khezu

Yeah is just a cinematic trailer and stuff, but i get a weird sensation just by seeing Ryu with that lightning effects around him. He seems directly from SFV, with just a weird-looking Megaman X next to him. Same for Carol Danvers, she looks some-way realistic in the trailer.

Carol doesn't look that real to me, she doesn't look cartoony either though.
She looks kinda anime, but like offbrand pretend anime, like you see in all those Skyrim mods.

Hoping she looks different in engine.

Would he be too much? I'd like to see a second Strider representative. Hien wouldn't be unique enough, but I'd take nearly anyone

Solo is actually a really neat idea. He's been in every Strider game but the NES one, and has tons of moveset potential from Strider 2 and Strider 2014 to draw from.

nded

Shut up man. Do you really think it doesn't look strange? Maybe it just me

SFV is quite far from looking like injustice. The Ryu in the trailer also doesn't look very much like SFV Ryu.

What's the point of Nintendo being all buddy buddy with Capcom on Monster Hunter if they can't even get this game?

They get Monster Hunter, a more profitable game series.

Well apart from Wesker and Sigma, which other villains Capcom has that can get in?

I guess Akuma or Bison but I can't think of anyone else.

Street Fighter also has FANG, Sagat, Gen, Vega, Balrog, Gill, Urien, Seth, C. Viper, Juri, Decapre
Nemesis from RE.
Vergil and kindasorta Trish from DMC.
Astaroth and my namesake from GnG.
Devilotte from Cyberbots.
Basically the entire cast from Darkstalkers.
Various baddies from the Breath of Fire series, e.g. Fou-Lu.
Bass and Dr. Wily from Mega Man.
Franziska von Karma from Ace Attorney.
One of the many psychopaths from Dead Rising.
An Akrid from Lost Planet.
Alastor from Viewtiful Joe.
Yami from Okami.

Just to name a few.

Kebiinu

Banned
What's the point of Nintendo being all buddy buddy with Capcom on Monster Hunter if they can't even get this game?

Switch titles are mostly embargoed, yeah? We gotta wait until the Switch Direct before we really see any confirmed titles. I'd love it if they could get a slice of this pie, though.

Me too, Me too...

Ohl3nXs.jpg
Now that I think about it, he could essentially be the Capcom answer to Loki.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shut up man. Do you really think it doesn't look strange? Maybe it just me

You think Captain Marvel looks realistic in that trailer... the one that looks straight out of Dragonball Z.

I cant even argue with this :p

Switch titles are mostly embargoed, yeah? We gotta wait until the Switch Direct before we really see any confirmed titles. I'd love it if they could get a slice of this pie, though.

if friggin Stardew Valley can announce they are porting to Switch I don't know why they'd prevent Capcom from announcing a port of this game. Isn't the more likely conclusion that they simply aren't planning on bringing this game to Switch?

Weiss

Banned
If by some luck Miles and Kamala are in this game, I will buy it just for them. I can't even play this game for shit.

If the game is MCU based, then there might be a chance that Spider-Man is based on his teenage self. In that case it'd be easy to palette/voice swap for Miles.

I-hate-u

I understand people being upset about the artsyle a bit. The debut trailer for MVC3 was 10000000000000000000000000000000x times better looking and that was close to 7 years ago.

But save it for the gameplay debut guys.

Q-bee and BB Hood would be interesting ideas for the Darkstalkers villain

How about Jet Black or
Captain Blue

I'd like to see Augus from Asuras wrath just to see how they'd do that extendo-sword thing

Zaverious

Some Capcom villains or antagonists they could use:
Bass.EXE (Mega Man Battle Network)
Alexia Ashford (Resident Evil Code Veronica)
William Birkin (Resident Evil 2)
Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku Basara)
Oda Nobunaga (Onimusha)
Daimon (Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen)
Azel (God Hand)
Grandmaster Meio (Strider)
Hyo Iwamano (Rival Schools)

Can't really think of any straight up evil characters for Capcom that would have a 50%+ chance of getting in.

if friggin Stardew Valley can announce they are porting to Switch I don't know why they'd prevent Capcom from announcing a port of a 5 year old game. Isn't the more likely conclusion that they simply aren't planning on bringing this game to Switch?
If the game is tied into some sort of Amiibo collection, or is in development but going to come at a later date than the initial release, I can understand why we heard nothing right now. I'm personally operating under the assumption it is not coming (though I really hope it will).

Inmolatus

BTW just checking the trailer again, and (supposing its ingame engine) even though the game doesnt seem to have great graphics and textures, it looks like it has really good lightning, which helps when you see a game in movement tremendously.

Oda Nobunaga (Onimusha)
Azel (God Hand)

Can't really think of any straight up evil characters for Capcom that would have a 50%+ chance of getting in.

Wesker and Birkin combo would be godly but I highly doubt he will get in over Nemesis.

Until we know the roster size I'm going to expect 1 RE villain and 1 RE hero.

Jawmuncher

Wesker and Birkin combo would be godly but I highly doubt he will get in over Nemesis.

Until we know the roster size I'm going to expect 1 RE villain and 1 RE hero.

Yeah the whole 2v2 thing will probably be pushing nothing more than pairs until DLC hits.
I'm curious what some of the pairs will be for characters without one.

emag

Well apart from Wesker and Sigma, which other villains Capcom has that can get in?

I guess Akuma or Bison but I can't think of anyone else.

Daimon (Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen) would be a pretty neat inclusion. He's got a normal head plus a head in his chest, though, so unless he's [part of?] the teased character at the end, that aspect of his design might be unappealing.

tribal24

Banned
if friggin Stardew Valley can announce they are porting to Switch I don't know why they'd prevent Capcom from announcing a port of this game. Isn't the more likely conclusion that they simply aren't planning on bringing this game to Switch?

pretty much , Once rockstar didn't confirm Red Dead redemption 2, i already figured same tune Nintendo played last gen with Third parties.

Oda Nobunaga (Onimusha)
Azel (God Hand)

I'd say Meio really doesn't fit a fighting game...he's kind of awkward. He just calls down lightning and summons monsters (until he morphs into that....thing).
The Pooh sisters, Xi Wang Mu, Solo, Juruong...they'd bring to work with than him.

How about Scorpion from Saturday Night Slam Masters?

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/The_Scorpion

Neoxon

Street Fighter also has FANG, Sagat, Gen, Vega, Balrog, Gill, Urien, Seth, C. Viper, Juri, Decapre
Nemesis from RE.
Vergil and kindasorta Trish from DMC.
Astaroth and my namesake from GnG.
Devilotte from Cyberbots.
Basically the entire cast from Darkstalkers.
Various baddies from the Breath of Fire series, e.g. Fou-Lu.
Bass and Dr. Wily from Mega Man.
Franziska von Karma from Ace Attorney.
One of the many psychopaths from Dead Rising.
An Akrid from Lost Planet.
Alastor from Viewtiful Joe.
Yami from Okami.

Just to name a few.
Sagat's not really a villain, at least not anymore. As for Crimson Viper, she's with the CIA, so she's definitely not evil. I'd also peg Gen as being Neutral.

Yeah the whole 2v2 thing will probably be pushing nothing more than pairs until DLC hits.
I'm curious what some of the pairs will be for characters without one.

I really hope this game gets supported like MKX was. 2-3 big packs (Characters, stages and costumes) and one retail bundle at the end.

UMvsC3 died quickly on that front.

If they actually do pull from RE6, it has to be Jake. Just for the Kung Fu.

If Wesker doesn't get in then Jake would be a great substitute. Hell both can be in with one of them being a costume like MMX was on Ultimate.

Capcom DO IT.

Top Bottom