• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

If Polygon's sources was right about this being MCU focused then I expect almost every significant character from the MCU in this.

Captain America
Thor
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Hulk
Vision
Ant-Man (Not sure how that would work)
Spider-Man
Dr. Strange
Dormammu
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Thanos
Rocket
Starlord

Ponn

Banned
I'm surprised they haven't figured out how to monetize character reveals yet. Buy the character reveal season pass.

I don't think we'll see both Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel, if this is 2v2 the roster will probably see a smaller roster then even vanilla mvc3 amd they'll probably try to fufill a variety in that number.

SpaceWolf

Banned
If Polygon's sources was right about this being MCU focused then I expect almost every significant character from the MCU in this.

Captain America
Thor
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Hulk
Vision
Ant-Man (Not sure how that would work)
Spider-Man
Dr. Strange
Dormammu
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Thanos
Rocket
Starlord

Man, they would desperately need a boost in the female character department, especially if they're having to include a character like Jessica Jones.

My Phoenix and Phoenix Wright team is the best.

Yes because a male capcom lawyer character and a female marvel mutant character are really similar at a first glance. Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel would be the new Evil Cole of PSABR even if its they're not the same person the majority who have no idea who Kamala Khan or Carol davers are will just see two different versions of a ___ marvel character.

All this crying in here is really depressing.

Assists are a sacred cow. They really did differentiate the VS Series from other fighters that just had teams and tag mechanics

It's not a dealbreaker for me, personally. But, I do totally understand why people are complaining. That said, I'd be amused if Capcom added characters like Captain Commando to this game, because those characters are mostly known for their assists first and foremost. It would inadvertently create more salt.

There's still a lot of information about this game that's unknown, so perhaps an assist surrogate may yet be revealed.

I'm probably the only person with this particular complaint, but I'm not digging the fact that it's polygonal.

Was hoping for completely hand drawn style graphics.

I'm probably the only person with this particular complaint, but I'm not digging the fact that it's polygonal.

Considering your avatar, welcome to 2016, hands drawn graphics just aren't feasible in today's market.

Are the Marvel characters gonna look like movie vets,? Is Thor gonna have Chris h. Face

There's a rumor, but not confirmed.

Cepheus

I was going to say 'Day one' but then I remembered I don't have a PS4 or XB1, and I don't like playing fighters on PC... Still, I'll find some way to play this game.

According to the Game Informer impressions, hope might not be lost for X-Men/FF characters: "[Creative Director of Marvel Entertainment Bill Roseman] wants to make sure fans of all of Marvel properties, including X-Men, were happy. “That heritage is not lost,” he told me."

Some glimpse of hope!
Really want that this ends up being true.

Wait, a few hours behind but I finally saw the trailer (was at work when the game was announced)

And at the end, is that Ultimate Utron with Sigma's scarred eyes in his gut?

Fuckin' called Sigma being a final boss..

Wait, a few hours behind but I finally saw the trailer (was at work when the game was announced)

As some gaffers have speculated, it seems that way.

I thought about it too. Astaroth came to mind as well, but hopefully is Sigma though.

Yep, there's an image posted that shows how he matches up with Sigma perfectly. I think part of the official PR mentioned a "new villain".

I hope they don't 100% go off that list for characters. A lot of SF on there.
Unity's poll only has M.Bison as a SF rep, the Shoryuken one has more of them.

If Capcom takes this into account, they'll probably choose to look on those characters that repeat in the top spots across all the polls.

JayEH

Well they already made the switch to 3D in 3 so they're not going to change it here.

KAL2006

Banned
I hope we have a ton of villains. Would need them for story mode

Capcom
Firebrand (Ghost and Goblins)
Asura (Asuras Wrath)
Monster (Monster Hunter)
Sigma (Megaman X)
Dr Willy (Megaman)
Bison (Street Fighter II)
Gill (Street Fighter III)
Jedah (Darkstalkers)
Wesker (Resident Evil)
Nemesis (Resident Evil)

Marvel
Loki
Dr Octopus
Green Goblin
Venom
Ultron
Thanos
Dormammu
Mandarin

El Topo

Man, they would desperately need a boost in the female character department, especially if they're having to include a character like Jessica Jones.

I mean, that's simply a fundamental problem of Marvel (comics and movies). If we look at MCU, there's...uh...Gamora? Scarlet Witch?

SpaceWolf

Banned
I mean, that's simply a fundamental problem of Marvel (comics and movies).

Movies, absolutely. Comics?

from-black-widow-to-tigra-the-20-strongest-female-marvel-superheroes.jpg

Nah, bruv.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
I hope we have a ton of villains. Would need them for story mode

Capcom
Firebrand (Ghost and Goblins)
Asura (Asuras Wrath)
Monster (Monster Hunter)
Sigma (Megaman X)
Dr Willy (Megaman)
Bison (Street Fighter II)
Gill (Street Fighter III)
Jedah (Darkstalkers)
Wesker (Resident Evil)
Nemesis (Resident Evil)

Marvel
Loki
Dr Octopus
Green Goblin
Venom
Ultron
Thanos
Dormammu
Mandarin

Yes MvC3 was very light on Capcom villains, would be great to see more.

El Topo

If we look at comics, at least Jessica Jones had an acclaimed solo run*. That said, I thought we were talking about a MCU focus, otherwise there's obviously more choices, such as She-Hulk or Ms. Marvel, just to name two.
*I mean, just look at the THR list. That one is not exactly overflowing with female solo runs by Marvel.

Yes because a male capcom lawyer character and a female marvel mutant character are really similar at a first glance. Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel would be the new Evil Cole of PSABR even if its they're not the same person the majority who have no idea who Kamala Khan or Carol davers are will just see two different versions of a ___ marvel character.

Kamala and Carol's only real similarity would be that they have Marvel in their name and that they're both female. They look nothing alike, and have powers that are completely different. People wouldn't mix the two up anymore than people would have mixed up Captain America and Captain Commando back in MvC/2 or heck, people would mix up Captain America and Captain Marvel in this game.

Kamala and Carol's only real similarity would be that they have Marvel in their name and that they're both female. They look nothing alike, and have powers that are completely different. People wouldn't mix the two up anymore than people would have mixed up Captain America and Captain Commando back in MvC/2 or heck, people would mix up Captain America and Captain Marvel in this game.

Still a big difference between commando and america vs ms and captain but I guess we'll see.

Yeah, that's what I thought some seconds later lol
Wesker should return IMO, him working with Sigma would be great.

Also X doesn't have a voice yet so perhaps Wesker is planned and dc douglas truly hasn't been contacted yet. Don't we have reports the roster isn't even finalized?

Ah, it's going back to the 2 Vs. 2 gameplay formula, eh?

Good. Hopefully it'll be like Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter in where it's not broken (if it is, let us hope that it's not too much).

Another note: Hooray, Mega Man X/Rockman X!

I hope they don't 100% go off that list for characters. A lot of SF on there.

Unity's poll only has M.Bison as a SF rep, the Shoryuken one has more of them.

If Capcom takes this into account, they'll probably choose to look on those characters that repeat in the top spots across all the polls.

I hope that Capcom doesn't listen to them. This is Marvel Vs. Capcom, not Marvel vs. Street Fighter.

There should only be Ryu, Chun-Li, & one or two more SF reps like with MvC3/UMvC3.

That's it.

Still a big difference between commando and america vs ms and captain but I guess we'll see.
Same gender and one word in their name, they have the as many similarities as Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel do

Besides if Capcom agreed with you they could just call her Kamala Khan

Also X doesn't have a voice yet so perhaps Wesker is planned and dc douglas truly hasn't been contacted yet. Don't we have reports the roster isn't even finalized?
It could be one of those or could be both, but Capcom shouldn't change D.C. Douglas.
I still remember what they did with Jill's V.A. Patricia Ja Lee was great for the role, she even did the work for the first trailer of Revelations, don't know why they changed her... ugh

Top Bottom