• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Ryce

Star-Lord vs. Chris makes a lot of sense for tonight, actually. They both wield guns, a new GOTG trailer just came out, they're both well-known enough to justify a televised reveal, and a Resident Evil character would complete Capcom's "big three" in the West.

Star-Lord vs. Chris makes a lot of sense for tonight, actually. They both wield guns, a new GOTG trailer just came out, they're both well-known enough to justify a televised reveal, and a Resident Evil character would complete Capcom's "big three" in the West.
Against my better judgement, I'm holding out hope that Leon takes Chris' place.

JeTmAn81

I don't understand the desire to put any RE character other than Wesker or perhaps Leon in this

Ryce

I don't understand the desire to put any RE character other than Wesker or perhaps Leon in this
RE is Capcom's biggest franchise, and Chris is RE's most recurring protagonist. Plus, he's an MvC3 veteran. His animations are already done.

Trey

Beats people scanning and analyzing each pixel of footage from a nowhere near complete game.

I wouldn't say that. One form of criticism is not superior to another. People can take in what they hear and see about a game and have an opinion on it. Saying "the game isn't out or done" yet is simply a fact of reality, not a rebuttal.

Neoxon

True, but that still leaves the odd Captain America reference in the PS Blog. Sure, none of us doubt that he'll return, but it still seems weird that he would be referenced this early on without any footage.

Of course, I would prefer Star-Lord or a Fox character (the latter to quell our fears) to be shown tonight, but I'm just trying to look at this logically.

mooncakes

I think they should save Star Lord so his rival can be Dante. Since they both wear trench coat and their personality are kind of similar in a way.

Gartooth

True, but that still leaves the odd Captain America reference in the PS Blog. Sure, none of us doubt that he'll return, but it still seems weird that he would be referenced this early on without any footage.

Of course, I would prefer Star-Lord or a Fox character (the latter to quell our fears) to be shown tonight, but I'm just trying to look at this logically.

Maybe it was a Freudian slip and the writer meant to put in Captain Marvel? Although there's really no chance Captain America isn't in the game anyway.

Neoxon

I think they should save Star Lord so his rival can be Dante. Since they both wear trench coat and their personality are kind of similar in a way.
I'm kinda mixed towards this. If the Fox characters are indeed fair game, I'd want Dante to be paired with Deadpool again. Having Dante matched off with another character would only add fuel to the no-Fox-characters fire started by the recent mobile games, Eurogamer, & Polygon.

So... no Wesker for Infinite?

https://twitter.com/DC_Douglas/status/805308430885920768?lang=es

Well, maybe the roster's isn' done yet.. and I really hope they don't change Wesker's V.A.

Though thinking better, it would be against Capcom if he confirmed his inclusion.
Pro Tip: Voice actors typically sign NDA agreements. They aren't gonna spill the beans if they want to keep getting voice acting jobs in the future.

Maybe it was a Freudian slip and the writer meant to put in Captain Marvel? Although there's really no chance Captain America isn't in the game anyway.
I guess that's entirely possible.

Pro Tip: Voice actors typically sign NDA agreements. They aren't gonna spill the beans if they want to keep getting voice acting jobs in the future.

To be fair he did leak wesker in mvc3 back in the day under similar circumstances so I imagine fans were hoping he'd let slip again.

The Captain America confirmation ("confirmation"?) was presumably an error. It was corrected to Captain Marvel in another draft of the same press release.

Neoxon

If it's Chris Pratt star Lord I might have to drop my possible thor/Sigma or asura/Sigma for pratt/sigma
If anything, they'll probably use his movie design. As for his voice, I'd put money on it being Will Friedle (Pratt's likely filming for Infinity War at the moment).

Mugy

How far are we for seeing the two new characters? Of course one of them its going to be Captain America, but well...

Negaduck

You do realize that, based on all the past games, if Sigma is the final boss he wont be playable.

In all the fighting games he's been in?

They wouldn't put ultron and Sigma in and not let them be playable.

I mean talking power levels Shuma gorath would never be playable or Dormammu right? (Lord Slayven could correct me)

Nakazato

Starting to think we are going to see 3 mutants old man Logan, deadpool,....... And gambit. With all of them getting movies it make sense

I mean talking power levels Shuma gorath would never be playable or Dormammu right? (Lord Slayven could correct me)

He/She's talking about bosses. The bosses have never been playable in the "Marvel vs. Capcom" line of this series. Not Onslaught, not whatever MvC2 had, not Galactus.

Of course, that could change as Thanos was playable all the way back in MSH (albeit overpowered because boss)

Skab

No, talking all the bosses from the past Vs games (Apocalypse, Abyss, Onslaught, Galactus.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Starting to think we are going to see 3 mutants old man Logan, deadpool,....... And gambit. With all of them getting movies it make sense

none of those movies are Marvel Studios movies, thats the exact reason why there is a "ban" in the first place

If (big if) we get any fox characters it'd be wolverine, doom, and/or deadpool and I doubt they'd get much fan fare and no impact in the story mode.

Negaduck

The assumption is its ultron and Sigma combined. I understand not having the megazord playable but having both characters in makes perfect sense.

higemaru

He/She's talking about bosses. The bosses have never been playable in the "Marvel vs. Capcom" line of this series. Not Onslaught, not whatever MvC2 had, not Galactus.

Of course, that could change as Thanos was playable all the way back in MSH (albeit overpowered because boss)
My guess is that you'll fight Ultron and Sigma as a team and then they'll combine in a short cutscene into one final boss. The pair could be playable in that case.

Top Bottom