• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

The assumption is its ultron and Sigma combined. I understand not having the megazord playable but having both characters in makes perfect sense.

My guess is that you'll fight Ultron and Sigma as a team and then they'll combine in a short cutscene into one final boss. The pair could be playable in that case.

Yeah that just dawned on me. Forgot about the whole combined theory.

I hope there's a secret boss, normal sized and big sized. Get someone above Galactus.

ya got me

Onslaught WAS playable in MVC

Oh shit, forgot about Onslaught mode. In that sense though, I don't think something similar would be treated as a regular character unless they're re-balanced.

Neoxon

Starting to think we are going to see 3 mutants old man Logan, deadpool,....... And gambit. With all of them getting movies it make sense
I don't think Marvel's too fond of promoting Fox movies.

IF we get any Fox characters, it'll probalby just be Wolverine, Doom, Deadpool, & maybe Magneto (just to cover the bare essentials).

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Gambit's movie is in developmental hell and I doubt it'll be made.

But I could see him being in this game, he was super requested and his lack of presence in the movies actually bodes well for him.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't think Marvel's too fond of promoting Fox movies.

IF we get any Fox characters, it'll probalby just be Wolverine, Doom, Deadpool, & maybe Magneto (just to cover the bare essentials).
I don't think Doom & Deadpool are that essential. Replace them with Storm and it makes more sense to MvC history.

Neoxon

Gambit's movie is in developmental hell and I doubt it'll be made.

But I could see him being in this game, he was super requested and his lack of presence in the movies actually bodes well for him.
That's if we get any Fox characters, though. Even if it gave us a glimmer of hope, that quote was still a bit side-stepey. I still think Marvel's would only give us the bare minimum & focus mostly on the MCU if they even bother with letting Capcom have Fox characters in the game.

I don't think Doom & Deadpool are that essential. Replace them with Storm and it makes more sense to MvC history.
They kinda are, especially with Deadpool's massive boost in popularity.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
That's if we get any Fox characters, though. Even if it gave us a glimmer of hope, that quote was still a bit side-stepey. I still think Marvel's would only give us the bare minimum & focus mostly on the MCU if they even bother with letting Capcom have Fox characters in the game.

They kinda are, especially with Deadpool's massive boost in popularity.

I agree that we'll likely get a bare minimum, but Gambit could be a part of that bare minimum. I believe that he and Venom topped (by a wide margin) practically every poll for MvC3.

I'd still say that the quote indicates some kind of X-Men content, even if it's just Wolverine.

Neoxon

I agree that we'll likely get a bare minimum, but Gambit could be a part of that bare minimum. I believe that he and Venom topped (by a wide margin) practically every poll for MvC3.

I'd still say that the quote indicates some kind of X-Men content, even if it's just Wolverine.
I wouldn't constitute Gambit as bare minimum, he's not even an essential X-Man in recent years. He's more-or-less a relic of the 90's. A cool relic, sure, but a relic nonetheless.

As for the quote, I still think you're being a bit too optimistic. I want to hope that we'll get Fox characters as well, but a somewhat-dodgy quote vs. the leaks from Eurogamer & Polygon affirming no Fox characters doesn't aspire much confidence. Maybe a little bit more hope for the best, as mentioned earlier, but far from the guarantee you're touting it as. Thankfully, the rest of the fanbase is putting the pressure on Marvel, so hopefully something will come out of that.

PSqueak

Banned
The assumption is its ultron and Sigma combined. I understand not having the megazord playable but having both characters in makes perfect sense.

If that is indeed them fused, im assuming them separated will be playable and the fusion will be a boss fight on the story mode and/or arcade mode.

Harpoon

It'd be nice if the end of the reveal trailer meant we'd be getting Ultron and Sigma shown tonight, but I doubt that'll happen.

Negaduck

It'd be nice if the end of the reveal trailer meant we'd be getting Ultron and Sigma shown tonight, but I doubt that'll happen.

Well it is an extended trailer.

Unless it cuts to two other characters joining the fight and leaving sigtron (ultma?) still in the shadows

TheAnvil

Neo Member
I wouldn't constitute Gambit as bare minimum, he's not even an essential X-Man in recent years. He's more-or-less a relic of the 90's. A cool relic, sure, but a relic nonetheless.

As for the quote, I still think you're being a bit too optimistic. I want to hope that we'll get Fox characters as well, but a somewhat-dodgy quote vs. the leaks from Eurogamer & Polygon affirming no Fox characters doesn't aspire much confidence. Maybe a little bit more hope for the best, as mentioned earlier, but far from the guarantee you're touting it as. Thankfully, the rest of the fanbase is putting the pressure on Marvel, so hopefully something will come out of that.

Leaks can be full of half truths and errors.

Some of these leaks said that it'd be 2v2+ assist which is wrong.

Needlecrash

This gave me more confidence about the game. Glad to hear original Japanese developers are on the project.

If the original developers are on the project, then I feel the game is in good hands. I'm just really excited for it. Especially due to X. I hear that many gaffers like X4 as their favorite. X3 is mine, then X2 and X1 and X6.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I have no idea how they'd make Thanos an interesting character to play and maintain his sheer power. He's been weaksauce thus far.

Yeah, they did really well in the polls

SRK
MARVEL TOP 15
1. Psylocke 105 votes
2. Gambit 100 votes
3. Ms. Marvel 85 votes
4. Venom (Eddie Brock) 70 votes
5. Cyclops 69 votes
6. Dr. Octopus 53 votes
7. Thanos 52 votes
8. Carnage 42 votes
9. Juggernaut 42 votes
10. Rogue 39 votes
11. Black Panther 31 votes
12. Emma Frost 31 votes
13. Cable 30 votes
14. Nightcrawler 24 votes
15. Blade 21 votes

CapcomUnity
MARVEL TOP 10
 1.   Gambit (615)      
2.   Venom (561) 
3.   Ms. Marvel (447)
4.   Cyclops (294)
5.   Psylocke (268)
6.   Green Goblin (236)
7.   Black Panther (204)
8.   Carnage (202)
9.   Anti-Venom (191)
10. Squirrel Girl (168)

GAF
Marvel
1. Gambit - 61
2. Ms. Marvel - 55
3. Venom - 54
4. Emma Frost - 50
5. Dr. Octopus - 42
6. Psylocke - 36
7. Cyclops - 30
8. Carnage - 24
9. Green Goblin - 21
10. Juggernaut - 19

PIXIV
1. Venom (Eddie Brock)
2. Ms.Marvel
3. Green Goblin
4. Hisako Ichiki (Armor)
5. Gambit
6. Psylocke
7. Songbird
8. Nico Minoru
9. Black Cat
10. Rogue

GFAQS
Marvel
1. Gambit - 88
2. Venom - 74
3. Ms. Marvel - 69
4. Psylocke - 55
5. Moon Knight - 46
6. Doctor Octopus - 43
7. Green Goblin - 39
8. Loki - 38
9. Songbird/ Thanos - 34
10. Black Panther - 33

I still really want Venom (the Eddie Brock one) back.

I know that Eddie hasn't technically been Venom in the comics for a long time, which is why he got excluded from MVC3, but that hasn't stopped him from showing up in recent games like Disney Infinity or Contest of Champions, with the Venom symbiote still intact.

Make him a DLC character or something, at least.

tumblr_m8irsy9e4t1rnep7do1_500.gif

Neoxon

Leaks can be full of half truths and errors.

Some of these leaks said that it'd be 2v2+ assist which is wrong.
Only d3v's leak said assists, though. And even then, d3v came out immediately after putting up that post saying that it may not be that reliable. Polygon & Eurogamer are still spot-on, which kinda concerns me for the fate of the Fox characters in the base roster.

Because of this, I'm still gonna proceed with cautious optimism. I'll hope for the best, but I'm expecting the worst.

I know that Eddie hasn't technically been Venom in a long time, which is why he got excluded from MVC3, but that hasn't stopped him from showing up in shit like Disney Infinity or Contest of Champions, with the Venom symbiote still intact.

Would you take Eddie Brock as Toxin with a Venom alternate color?

Would you take Eddie Brock as Toxin with a Venom alternate color?

Maaaaaybe.

Back in the MVC3 days I did entertain the idea of including Eddie as Anti-Venom who would retain the same general moveset from MVC1/2 and then throwing in his Venom symbiote form as an alternate costume.

MoxManiac

Do you guys think that Captain Marvel in this game will satisfy the people that were requesting Ms. Marvel? Since it's the same person.

I know that Eddie hasn't technically been Venom in the comics for a long time, which is why he got excluded from MVC3, but that hasn't stopped him from showing up in recent games like Disney Infinity or Contest of Champions, with the Venom symbiote still intact.

Yeah, Eddie was the only highly requested out of the spotlight request for Marvel 3 that I really agreed with. Guy just looks cool even if you don't use him or like Spider Man.

Neoxon

Do you guys think that Captain Marvel in this game will satisfy the people that were requesting Ms. Marvel? Since it's the same person.
They aren't the same person. This is the Ms. Marvel that most people are asking for, now.

3977508-ms.+marvel+-+kamala+khan.jpg

She's a Pakistani-American Inhuman named Kamala Khan.

Ryce

They aren't the same person. This is the Ms. Marvel that most people are asking for, now.
He's asking if the people who requested Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel five years ago are happy with Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel in the new game. It's a pretty silly question.

Neoxon

Right, but there have been multiple Ms. Marvels, including Carol herself. Which one won the poll? (I'm really asking, I don't know)
Oh, Carol was Ms. Marvel at the time of that poll. But now people have adjusted their requests to say Captain Marvel. The current Ms. Marvel is now insanely popular in her own right, so I have a good feeling about her chances.

Negaduck

I don't know anything about ms. Marvel, could someone give a quick breakdown?

I see a ton of hype for her but I'm not familiar.

Top Bottom