• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Zissou

Dorm spells in marvel 3 came with the caveat that you gave up screen presence now for control later- with being able to charge spells for free while your teammate does a long ass animation, the downside is gone and the upside is as good/better than ever.

TBH I think the balance of the game doesn't seem like it's in a terrible place. Reality Stone and rose garden probably need some slight adjustments, maybe just have them disappear on hit, but that was some pretty good character diversity in top 8 and it feels like the system mechanics really give every character enough tools to thrive.

kirblar

Dorm spells in marvel 3 came with the caveat that you gave up screen presence now for control later- with being able to charge spells for free while your teammate does a long ass animation, the downside is gone and the upside is as good/better than ever.
Yeah you can see with stuff like Dantes windtunnel that opportunity is still here. The spellcancel buff was too much.

TBH I think the balance of the game doesn't seem like it's in a terrible place. Reality Stone and rose garden probably need some slight adjustments, maybe just have them disappear on hit, but that was some pretty good character diversity in top 8 and it feels like the system mechanics really give every character enough tools to thrive.

It's fine if rose garden is op, but it needs to be riskier to build up to.

If spells were a little bit slower to summon or they had a small cooldown between summoning it would make it so rose garden can't be used 5x a match and/or riskier for the dormammu player to call them.

Or maybe it should have just been a level 1 super. It's better than most level 1 supers.

Anth0ny

Yeah that Ultron command grab -> tag -> spells is just fucked.

Champ's synergy between Ultron and Dorm in general is just unfathomable for week 1.

Dahbomb

Most of Dorm's other spells aren't that good in this game due to chip change. I think the auto charge is fine but the power level of 3C is way higher than the other spells, it's like 99% what Dorm players are using instead of his other spells.

Like when was there a time in this tournament when a Dorm player accidentally used their other spells (like the Meteor, Volcano or Spikes) and anyone thought "oh man that meteor is mad cheap!"

Yeah that Ultron command grab -> tag -> spells is just fucked.

Champ's synergy between Ultron and Dorm in general is just unfathomable for week 1.
This works for a lot of characters. Works with Jedah, Captain Marvel and most importantly Dante. Ultron is just the Magneto function for FChamp.

Honestly should probably wait longer to see but I can certainly see these changes being made as people get better across the board. Combo breakers are too strong in a game like this as shown by hidden missiles.

Richard was dope as was the rest of the top 8. Again, it's day 5.

Lulubop

Honestly should probably wait longer to see but I can certainly see these changes being made as people get better across the board. Combo breakers are too strong in a game like this as shown by hidden missiles.

Richard was dope as was the rest of the top 8. Again, it's day 5.

Champ was already baiting Dickwin into using them.

They announced that like a week ago and every stone has a unique power. By the time we get to Grand finals, each player will have 3 stones at their disposal!

And it's god damn hype is what it is. A fitting tournament for a fitting game.

Does the Time Stone holder make it so that their opponent has one minute to get to their station or else they're disqualified?

jett

D-Member
I'm still too distracted by the Mahvel top 8 to care about SFV lol.

Region free, confirmed by site in the comments. And i've redeemed my copy in the US

Nice. I guess this will be the first Marvel game I'll attempt to learn.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Reality has been pretty stupid. Thorn Garden + Dorm or someone else's mixup-movement is pretty stupid. But... isn't that kinda the point? The tag and stone mechanics bring the stupid of once character-exclusive pressure to almost everyone, now.

It's a little bad, because it layers stuff up on people who already have an ability to do similar things, though. But it's not like characters DON'T have skills that that could act as combo breakers and what not. For characters that have a hard as hell time at getting in, Reality just makes their chances a bit better, and once they get there, they might stay there, or have more things like detached mixups and a chance to come back when their partner is dead.

If I had to propose a reality change, it'd be to make it require a charge time to give the durability, and the current quick shot shoots a weaker projectile that disappears on hit.

For Dorm, why not just make the "Rose Garden" take an Extra charge or 2, or make the move only available when canceled into from an actual hit? Like mentioned, it's at a higher tier than the other spells (I think Meteor is pretty nice too, though), it should have stronger requirements.

As a bonus, for Mind Stone, why not make it mixes up an opponents inputs after the dizzy haze? Maybe for a certain amount of frames, or for a certain amount of inputs. The damage scales WAY too much afterwards for it to be a combo tool, like Power. But giving an active effect that makes damage possible with some execution and trickery would be nice.

Top Bottom