• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

iJack

Banned
The tournament was amazing. Richard Nguyen almost pulled it off beating FChamp and the beating that the Sack kid was merciless. Great stuff, does Richard plays with a PS4 controller or what?

Astral

Does anyone know any good combos that involve Marvel's binary mode? I can't find a really good use for it. Same with Dante's Devil Trigger.

Does anyone know any good combos that involve Marvel's binary mode? I can't find a really good use for it. Same with Dante's Devil Trigger.

I think you can use the wolverine drill thing as much as you want in the air in binary mode? I havent touched cap marvel at all.

Vice

Going to really grind this game out. Going to try to make it to WNF and hang around the FGTV house when I get the chance.

Dahbomb

SFV is the golf of fighting games. Good old honest, gentlemanly sport.

Marvel is Roman combat in the gladiator's arena. You need to bring out the cheap and dirty stuff just to survive in the arena. And the crowd is vicious.

Astral

I think you can use the wolverine drill thing as much as you want in the air in binary mode? I havent touched cap marvel at all.

You can use it up to 4 times. It's kinda cool but I can't actually make any strong combos with it. It also gives her qcb HP an OTG property.

iJack

Banned
This game has pretty much made SFV impossible for me to watch going forward. Dunno how I feel about that, lol.

I love Street Fighter V. It's my favorite Street Fighter game and I've been playing this since the 90s. With that said, I'm more in love with Infinite than I did with any other MvC game before. I want to say that SFV is my #1 fighting game, but at least right now, that's Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite if I'm going to be completely honest. I think a great eSport scene is going to be born out of this game. Stoked for the future and I can't wait to get myself a new arcade fighting stick for this.

iJack

Banned

Marvel is Roman combat in the gladiator's arena. You need to bring out the cheap and dirty stuff just to survive in the arena. And the crowd is vicious.

LOL. Good analogy.

Neoxon

This is.....surprisingly accurate. Then again, SFV can get pretty stupid with Crush Counters.

Sheroking

The entire problem with SFV (at least competitively) is it's NOT the gentlemanly neutral-game that the franchise is at is best. It's totally degenerate.

If Street Fighter is golf, Street Fighter V is Happy Gilmore.

I love Street Fighter V. It's my favorite Street Fighter game and I've been playing this since the 90s. With that said, I'm more in love with Infinite than I did with any other MvC game before. I want to say that SFV is my #1 fighting game, but at least right now, that's Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite if I'm going to be completely honest. I think a great eSport scene is going to be born out of this game. Stoked for the future and I can't wait to get myself a new arcade fighting stick for this.

Yeah, I'm a fan of SFV. I guess I just haven't been as interested lately. This was how I was feeling well before MVCI came out, though. I'm not sure why. I can still go back to Ultra and play for several hrs straight.

But it's nice to hear that MVCI has won you over. It's a really fun game.

Dahbomb, can't the same be said about every current game in comparison to MVCI?

bender

What time is it?
100% facts here.

Even the visual flair lacking.

The stages look really nice though. It's too bad that the characters look weird.

Just started playing tonight. Probably not a popular opinion but I'm having a good time with the campaign. *runs*

iJack

Banned
The story mode for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is the most fun I've ever had with a story mode in a fighting game ever. There, I said it.

I don't like the story mode in Injustice 2 as much as Injustice 1, and MvCI story mode is silly but entertaining as fuck at same time.

Dahbomb

Next Battle of the Stone event is in Milan and that's next week.

Probably the sponsored Marvel players will try to fly out there. If not then we are going to see a different meta in Europe for MVCI.

bender

What time is it?
The story mode for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is the most fun I've ever had with a story mode in a fighting game ever. There, I said it.

I don't like the story mode in Injustice 2 as much as Injustice 1, and MvCI story mode is silly but entertaining as fuck at same time.

I like you but it would be hard to topple MK9.

Dahbomb

Apparently there was a 4th MVCI tournament in Chile... home of KBR.

1. KaneBlueRiver (Haggar, Thanos)
2. NeoGeo (Gamora, Iron Man)
3. DM|Random (Captain Marvel, Jedah)
4. NC|Griton (Chris, Jedah)
5. GC|SaleroEon (Ultron, Jedah)
5. AnV|Garode (Spider-Man, Iron Man)
7. Toblipasama (Nova, Spider-Man)
7. F2G|Moise

Half or more of the top 8 had Jedah in it!

Neoxon

It's nowhere near as good as the NRS stories, but it was dumb fun that I enjoyed more than SFV & Tekken 7's stories. That's not saying much, though.

wrongway

Well I gotta say, for as burned as I still feel by SFV, I'm very happy I redboxed MvCI to give it a fair chance. Even as a casual/beginner with a wimpy ~25% win rate, I had a really good time and I'm very tempted to get it. Only problem is, now I'm back to wanting a stick, just sake of comfort. My stupid left thumb can't deal with too many special move inputs before getting worn out. :p

Zissou

I'm kind of amazed that this game is as fun as it is- I expected the worst. Capcom could've done such a better job of marketing how the tag system is really a freeform assist system.

kirblar

Well I gotta say, for as burned as I still feel by SFV, I'm very happy I redboxed MvCI to give it a fair chance. Even as a casual/beginner with a wimpy ~25% win rate, I had a really good time and I'm very tempted to get it. Only problem is, now I'm back to wanting a stick, just sake of comfort. My stupid left thumb can't deal with too many special move inputs before getting worn out. :p
Newegg was running a 150 hori Stick plus MvCI deal. Dunno if it's still going.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

If you are looking for the suggestion for the brandings of arcade fightstick then I heard the common suggestions were Razor and Hori.

Astral

I won five matches in a row my first time online. I feel more comfortable with my team now. One guy just straight up put his controller down near the end lol. I felt bad. I kept dropping my main Cap Marvel combo but at least I'm getting used to things.

LegendX48

So, easy commands allowed in ranked, eh? I still managed to come out on top 2/3, but still, it feels like that shouldn't be the case.

wrongway

Newegg was running a 150 hori Stick plus MvCI deal. Dunno if it's still going.

I actually saw that a few days ago and still had the tab open, but of course now it's out of stock lol. Gonna keep my eye on it, maybe it'll get restocked before the deal expires.

Luqi

Is this SFV again? :(

I kind of gave up on following the game launch when I saw all the CG, skill copying from previous games, and stuff going on. Also DBFZ.

Grakl

Is this SFV again? :(

I kind of gave up on following the game launch when I saw all the CG, skill copying from previous games, and stuff going on. Also DBFZ.
SFV was a good game at launch crippled by a lack of single player content. MvCI is a good game at launch with good single player content crippled by presentation. Dunno what your generic complaint means

Luqi

SFV was a good game at launch crippled by a lack of single player content. MvCI is a good game at launch with good single player content crippled by presentation. Dunno what your generic complaint means

Hmm, I'll agree with you, re-reading it, I presented it very badly. But you grasped what I was trying to say and gave me the answer I was expecting! Thanks.

Top Bottom