• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

FSLink

Banned
XCpc5C9r.jpg
There goes my PC win streak. Lost during this one lol. Their Thanos was really good.

Pompadour

Jesus Spencer is so ugly.

Please delete him Capcom.

Every time i see him im like "Why?"

The biggest injustice in this game is using Nathan Spencer instead of Rad.

Bionic Commando Rearmed was popular enough to get a sequel. Keep the moveset but use the BCR2 design and just play him like an 80's action hero a la Schwarzenegger or Lundgren.

Hopefully this also means Capcom will have no choice but patch him into a legit playable character eventually.

They'd never do this but it'd be great if Ultron Sigma was a Sigma/Ultron team specific Hyper.

ZeroCDR

is there any worse feeling than losing your winning streak to a guy spamming projectiles with Morrigan when you know you should be better than to lose to that sort of strategy?

It was the 5th win i needed for the trophy D:

You'll get it, just wait til the salt of trying to reach 10th rank. Losing just once is super harsh on my progress bar >_<

and then I go for the runback and lose worse lol.

Pompadour

is there any worse feeling than losing your winning streak to a guy spamming projectiles with Morrigan when you know you should be better than to lose to that sort of strategy?

I was 4 out of 5 for that trophy and the game matched me up with Fchamp. At least I got Fchamp giving me respect for not ducking the rematch as a consolation.

I'm still having a hard time deciding on a team. I've been running Spider-Man for sure, but also Captain Marvel, Thanos, and Gamora. It seems like everyone is running Gamora however, and there's something about playing her that just feels kinda scummy with those full screen confirms into combos. Plus I like the idea of finally playing someone that requires some execution for flight combos and stuff. I think it's between Captain Marvel and Thanos.

...at least until Monster Hunter and Venom come out. :p

Who cares if everyone is running it. So many tools the meta will change and people will start using more than just reality stones.

But mannnn I want that MH and vemon same as you.

vg260

Yass we did it. As a bonus turning AA down to mid allows my meager PC to run the game at 1440p.

In all honesty it's turning AA down that makes the biggest difference, the application of CA in this game is relatively mild compared to other games I've seen.

The CA distorts the colors, making skin look yellowed in particular. It doesn't help with this game's muted colors. It's slightly less bad than the demo, but still bad and pointless.

But yes, their AA solution is particularly baffling and terrible. It's just blurring everything rather than just cleaning up edges. Jaggies are not even a big issue with AA down. It's counterproductive.

They really need to take it down a notch on consoles, or at the very least provide a default vs noCA/midAA option. (or just mirror the few PC options) That's hardly overwhelming in terms of options to have for something that actually makes the game nicer visually.

nded

There should be a dramatic battle mode where one player controls Ultron Sigma and two players fight him at the same time.

Dahbomb

Ultron Sigma playable on PC?

I wonder if Capcom is going to ever bother banning or enforcing online on PC. This is looking to be another Galactus hack incidence again.

I saw Ultron Sigma being played by a human, seems like a better Ultron. Has the usual Ultron tools only now he always has a teleport and some sword normals plus command dashes. Easy top tier character.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There goes my PC win streak. Lost during this one lol. Their Thanos was really good.

jesus o_O

guess ill never play you FSlink ;_;

I wonder if Capcom is going to ever bother banning or enforcing online on PC. This is looking to be another Galactus hack incidence again.

whut?

jett

D-Member
The CA distorts the colors, making skin look yellowed in particular. It doesn't help with this game's muted colors. It's slightly less bad than the demo, but still bad and pointless.

But yes, their AA solution is particularly baffling and terrible. It's just blurring everything rather than just cleaning up edges. Jaggies are not even a big issue with AA down. It's counterproductive.

They really need to take it down a notch on consoles, or at the very least provide a default vs noCA/midAA option. (or just mirror the few PC options) That's hardly overwhelming in terms of options to have for something that actually makes the game nicer visually.

There's actually a lot of shimmering in some stages with AA turned down to mid to be honest. I need like an intermediate option.

Just watched a video of this, fucking hell lol

What's kinda interesting is that Ultron Sigma doesn't call out any names when he tags (nor do other characters call out to him), while in the Dante/Dante hack Dante actually called out himself lol. Are mirror teams gonna be an option down the road?

Dahbomb

Marvel scene in Japan has been growing over time. Japan was certain kinda relevant in Marvel 3 though not a power house. I think the Japanese players especially the current Marvel players will be going in on it.

Particularly expect Tokido, Nemo and Kazanoko to pick it up.

The Dante mod tells me that there are additional single player/offline modes coming that allow you to bend the rules of the games. Think Heroes and Heralds. Remember that mode was released as post release free DLC.

Durden77

This game has like a 4.5 in Metacritic user reviews. That's just fucking stupid. This game has issues yeah, but the hate is just a meme now.

Ryce

Also some good news I guess, the game is selling better in Japan. 4th place on their top sellers chart for the week. I wonder if this game will have a scene over there. Marvel's never been very big in Japan but maybe we'll see a change.
That doesn't mean much, sadly. There's always a massive drop-off in weekly Japanese sales after the first and second spot. Marvel might be #4, but that could translate to 500 copies sold for all we know.

MechaX

Youtube video of playable Ultron Sigma if anyone's interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rwiyHZzA_4&app=desktop

Also some good news I guess, the game is selling better in Japan. 4th place on their top sellers chart for the week. I wonder if this game will have a scene over there. Marvel's never been very big in Japan but maybe we'll see a change.

Eh, we need to wait for concrete Famitsu and Media Create numbers; in a week like this where there were few new releases, 4th place could either be "80k copies" or like "sub 15k copies." Plus, the tracked preorders were like 20% of Pokken's estimates.

vg260

There's actually a lot of shimmering in some stages with AA turned down to mid to be honest. I need like an intermediate option.

That would be fine, but given the choice, I'll take the (very imo) minor jaggies over blurry everything with loss of detail, especially when it affects characters.

It's like they couldn't do an actual AA option that just cleans up edges, so their solution was to blur the crap out of everything.

There should be a choice between the two if they can't feasibly implement a subtle AA solution, even on consoles.

patchday

Injustice 2 was my first and last multiplayer game I'm ever planning to plat I think. I got a gaf to help me cheese one or two of the trophies too. And after all that work it's not like the game even gave me a badge or something. In League of Legends when you 'master' a character you get this awesome little portrait glow and when you dance in-game the little achievement badge appears. I would like to see trophies get integrated into games and for them to be more reasonable to get. I should not have to get a win streak but rather a win streak should unlock it faster. I just want to see more effort to go into these systems

right now they feel pointless busywork too me. But if you never plat'ed a game by all means go for it :)

* Right now only MOBAs do this right in my book! Trophies in console games seem beyond worthless too me but that's just my take on it

For whatever reason I'm having trouble connecting Dante's skydance (or whatever the QCF H.P move is called) now that I'm trying to optimize my Dante BnB a bit. I don't feel like it should be dropping. The way combos work in this game is so strange...

Are you honestly gonna sit there in your dinosaur themed chair with your Regina mousepad, and claim that Firebrand and Spencer aren't enough to sell the game in wonderful Nippon?

Lmao

I think this game will have legs, or a resurgence when more dlc comes out and the game price drops. Despite negativity around presentation, everyone is praising the gameplay and netplay. Unlike SFV which had hate on gameplay route, and the matchmaking, rage quit issues, and netplay being Shakey...

Really curious to see the US sales. We haven't really gotten much good news with this game at all, so it likely won't be any different here.

I hope the sells are at least respectable.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I think this game will have legs, or a resurgence when more dlc comes out and the game price drops. Despite negativity around presentation, everyone is praising the gameplay and netplay. Unlike SFV which had hate on gameplay route, and the matchmaking, rage quit issues, and netplay being Shakey...

Nope, its all about momentum and this game literally had none. Look at all the other games coming out or already out this year, no one would want to buy this over those unless they're hardcore FGC who would have bought it already.

I dont even see this game selling 1 million with the way Capcom handled the messaging for this.

Infinite is basically a warning sign to the masses that it will be infested with DLC... Which wouldn't be a problem if they had a respectable roster to begin with.

Nope, its all about momentum and this game literally had none. Look at all the other games coming out or already out this year, no one would want to buy this over those unless they're hardcore FGC who would have bought it already.

I dont even see this game selling 1 million with the way Capcom handled the messaging for this.

Infinite is basically a warning sign to the masses that it will be infested with DLC... Which wouldn't be a problem if they had a respectable roster to begin with.

Do some of y'all not realize this game is going to be plastered all over Twitch streams in the next few months? And with it tailing behind SFV in the CPT, it's gonna get them views, more than other fighting games besides Smash and SFV itself. Capcom handled it like shit, but if you wanna talk momentum, they could definitely capitalize on the many tournaments being hosted every weekend this year for starters.

SFV launched like shit and was below expectations, but it drew in tons of viewers as the months went by. I don't think this game will hit 1 million this month, but before March it probably could. 2 million is a straight blow up though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Do some of y'all not realize this game is going to be plastered all over Twitch streams in the next few months? And with it tailing behind SFV in the CPT, it's gonna get them views, more than other fighting games besides Smash and SFV itself. Capcom handled it like shit, but if you wanna talk momentum, they could definitely capitalize on the many tournaments being hosted every weekend this year for starters.

SFV launched like shit and was below expectations, but it drew in tons of viewers as the months went by. I don't think this game will hit 1 million this month, but before March it probably could. 2 million is a straight blow up though.

How well did SFV being the most popular EVO game or having millions of viewers on Disney and ESPN work out for that game?

Stream numbers mean jack shit.

brian!

Stream numbers literally translates to $ for capcom via ad revenue, it matters a lot and you can see they are investing in this

They are also brashly emphasizing dlc as a way to make ppl pay more; if ur hyped for mh or black panther you need to buy both the game and the dlc. All of this year's dlc characters would have boosted the mvci release but capcom is like fuk dat dlc all day. It's kind of ridiculous but not that weird in an environment where microtransactions and dlc = big bison bux

How well did SFV being the most popular EVO game or having millions of viewers on Disney and ESPN work out for that game?

Stream numbers mean jack shit.

Consistent sponsorship and advertisement deals kept the game afloat and the revenue coming in. It would have sold considerably less without the attention.

Furthermore, SFV is still a bad product comparatively. Online is butt, there's no offline content (until recently), and other problems still linger around. Marvel is ugly as sin but the content is there and so is the gameplay. Marvel has a good chance of longtail sales if Marvel promotes the game (which neither Capcom or Marvel have done until very recently), their esports events take hold, and public opinion improves. All of which can happen by having that game on center screen instead of letting it fall to obscurity.

PSqueak

Banned
In League of Legends when you 'master' a character you get this awesome little portrait glow and when you dance in-game the little achievement badge appears.

To be fair, it took them several years to add that feature, hah.

Also Fighting games do kinda have that, just not for trophies, playing as characters, beating arcade with them, doing missions, all that unlocks titles to display on your fighter card and when you fight online.

Top Bottom