• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

brian!

I do find it strange how everyone focuses on the Spiderman issue where there's a real glitch that is far more problematic. However I believe the Dante/Chun tech is not able to be performed consistently yet, right? It does seem like the sort of tech where everyone could have a move that is affected.

Im not familiar with chun's but dante's is incredibly easy and def a game changer.

warp_

Banned
Im not familiar with chun's but dante's is incredibly easy and def a game changer.

Chun's is just Reality Stone activation into legs, I believe. I've not tried it myself but I saw a video of it. And wait...it's another issue with Reality Stone! Should we just ban that too?

Zaverious

I don't like that so many fighters don't explain what moves do and the properties they give especially with characters that have their own special mechanic. Like why?

Dahbomb

The Dante/Chun stuff is bad but you can't ban something like that because it's impossible to police.

The Spider Man infinite is super obvious. You can't accidentally start doing the infinite. We have banned infinites before, it's not a big deal.

That said this infinite is on a clock so they should just allow it until it is fixed.

kobu

I know this is marvel and all but the tag system in this game feels like they didn't really think about it long enough.

FSLink

Banned
And, as I've said about 3-4 times now, I'm fine with a patch. I think a patch should happen and I believe one is incoming (not before Canada Cup, Capcom isn't that quick and I doubt it would get approved by Sony/MS in that timeframe even if they were). But until it is patched it shouldn't be banned. Ultrachen's reasoning was nonsense. They want it banned because it's slow. That's a dumb reason to ban something, basically on par with "I don't like it". I like a lot of things about the game, but I also don't like a lot of things. However I'm not clamoring to get the things I don't like banned.
UltraDavid also wants it banned for viewership reasons, and I agree with it. I don't really care if you think stream monsters don't matter but it does matter in terms of the game's competitive growth. It's incredibly short sighted especially in this day and age when more viewers leads to stuff like more sponsorship opportunities for the players, more exposure for the scene, etc.

Having said that it would be hilarious af if this somehow didn't get patched and its EVO got aired on ESPN2 and Disney XD with top 8 being filled with this infinite.

Zissou

I don't like that so many fighters don't explain what moves do and the properties they give especially with characters that have their own special mechanic. Like why?

Yeah, I don't know why this is still happening in 2017. I remember in SF4 wondering why nowhere in the game did it mention blanka's ex roll was projectile invincible and thinking "what the hell!?"

warp_

Banned
UltraDavid also wants it banned for viewership reasons, and I agree with it. I don't really care if you think stream monsters don't matter but it does matter in terms of the game's competitive growth. It's incredibly short sighted especially in this day and age when more viewers leads to stuff like more sponsorship opportunities for the players, more exposure for the scene, etc.

Having said that it would be hilarious af if this somehow didn't get patched and its EVO got aired on ESPN2 and Disney XD with top 8 being filled with this infinite.

I guess that's just a disconnect between us. I prefer the competitive nature of fighting games to stay intact, and you want to watch a hype stream. Those are two different goals that will just never line up.

FSLink

Banned
I guess that's just a disconnect between us. I prefer the competitive nature of fighting games to stay intact, and you want to watch a hype stream. Those are two different goals that will just never line up.
Lmao.

I actually go to tournaments, I just don't want the scene to die over something like that. I was totally cool with Dante's TAC infinite for example and I think most people found that boring af. But this Spidey infinite would be overcentralizing. I'd be more willing to let it rock if everyone had a dumb infinite like that like X-Men vs SF.

warp_

Banned
Lmao.

I actually go to tournaments, I just don't want the scene to die over something like that. I was totally cool with Dante's TAC infinite for example and I think most people found that boring af.

Considering the sales of the game so far, I don't think an infinite that is going to get patched out soon will be the nail in the coffin.

Jawmuncher

New Pics and Alt Costumes

60480e741738cb0a86d9b84cb85e26f7.png

d75474dc0d621bf25b3ac0a64e9933bd.png

0e6544de9632d49b133568d484dac81f.png

6a1fb29f9f1010c7b520f469b6eb8972.png

83e6fd26ae1835120daa95f865c194c0.png

Sigma predates BL.

I know that.
He still looks like Buzz Lightyear without the cape.
His Alt is WAY better. Thank god that's included.

FSLink

Banned
Considering the sales of the game so far, I don't think an infinite that is going to get patched out soon will be the nail in the coffin.
Why make it worse then? But it's a moot point since it's being patched anyway, this is more of a principle thing. I don't think an infinite that would be overcentralizing would be healthy for a competitive scene's growth.
But you would rather just let it rock for the sake of it's always been this way, I just don't think that's realistic in today's world unless you want a scene to die out. Ultrachen also brought this up as well, if it was a tiny scene of just 50 I'd also be cool with the infinite, but I really do think if we could ban an infinite that nobody really likes anyway, for the sake of more growth, that's better to do (but not in general since each ban worthy thing should be looked at within its own context in a meta)

It's also funny that you think I care a lot about how hype something on stream would be. I was known in the Hawaii Smash 4 community for timing people out. Games were 8 minutes each lol

Pompadour

I know this is marvel and all but the tag system in this game feels like they didn't really think about it long enough.

I think that's why it's so great. It's so freeform which allows some janky ass stuff to happen (cinematic move into cinematic move so you can lose track of where your opponent is even at).

I think it's great but when people say Capcom half-assed everything but the gameplay I'm not sure that's even true. I think they came up with this experimental tag system and let it rock without much thought. It's classic Capcom accidentally creating something amazing.

Jawmuncher

Fuck man 8 bucks

Fits with their previous DLC tactics.
They REALLY want people to buy the season passes rather than piece meal.
You basically pay a super premium if you try to piece meal any Capcom DLC these days. Even when said separate DLC is on sale.

RE7 and DR4 were the start of things.

nded

Seperate Charcters are $8 each.
Hope that means they come with the costume as well.
$8 is pretty wild considering SFV characters are, what, $6? Curious as to how much returning characters from MvC3 will cost if they're happening.

Why is it odd?
Guess it just looks weird the way they render it in the game. Sigma's made up of simple shapes and flat colors except his legs which are covered in wrinkly animal hide.

Swmystery

Neo Member
Like even if you want only 3 characters. That puts you at $24 bucks.
Like shit you might as well pay the 6 more bucks to get the rest of them.
Capcom really wants people to go all in.

This is my exact position. Only really interested in Sigma, Hunter, and Black Widow.

I think I basically have to not buy the Season Pass at this point if this is what the DLC is going to cost. Even leaving aside the principle of the thing, it's expensive enough without me spending more money on stuff I don't really want.

Pompadour

That has to include the costume otherwise that's nuts.

I guess this kills "The FM system in SFV makes the costumes more expensive to make up for lost sales" argument because somehow SFV is the game with the cheaper DLC.

Swmystery

Neo Member
Looks like they come with the Costume from what the Capcom Unity post is saying.

This.

"Everyone who obtained the 2017 Character Pass will automatically get Black Panther, Sigma, Monster Hunter, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, and Venom when they become available. You can also purchase these characters separately for $7.99 each, which includes their premium costumes as seen below."

(emphasis mine)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...ameplay-trailer-for-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite

Jawmuncher

This.

"Everyone who obtained the 2017 Character Pass will automatically get Black Panther, Sigma, Monster Hunter, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, and Venom when they become available. You can also purchase these characters separately for $7.99 each, which includes their premium costumes as seen below."

(emphasis mine)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...ameplay-trailer-for-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite

Ahh ok they updated it. That wasn’t there earlier. Guess they’re trying to damage control the prices already.

decisions

That has to include the costume otherwise that's nuts.

I guess this kills "The FM system in SFV makes the costumes more expensive to make up for lost sales" argument because somehow SFV is the game with the cheaper DLC.

Why does this game have no FM and is not affiliated at all with the Capcom Fighters Network? Are they just dropping those after SFV?

This.

(emphasis mine)

So does the character pass include the costumes as well or are they going to make us buy those separately?

kobu

I think that's why it's so great. It's so freeform which allows some janky ass stuff to happen (cinematic move into cinematic move so you can lose track of where your opponent is even at).

I think it's great but when people say Capcom half-assed everything but the gameplay I'm not sure that's even true. I think they came up with this experimental tag system and let it rock without much thought. It's classic Capcom accidentally creating something amazing.

I mean I'm one of the seemingly few people who also thinks the gameplay is half assed but I guess we'll see if people turn on this like they did sf5 in a year.

Top Bottom