• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Nyoro SF

Capcom trying to grab as many dollary doos as they can from their hardcore base cause the game bombed? I can smell those perfectly ready 100% completed "DLC" characters filling their coffers as we speak. Pad the profits!

EDIT: TOP OF THE PAGE FOR A MOSTLY TROLL POST

ZeroCDR

$8 Individual? Ouch, that Marvel license tax at work.

Well, got in on that $10.00 Amazon promo not too long ago, so I'll probably just buy the season pass then. I definitely want Sigma and Venom, so may as well.

edit: lmao Black Panther is totally the Wolverine function, looks sick. I want him too.

Neoxon

$8 Individual? Ouch, that Marvel license tax at work.

Well, got in on that $10.00 Amazon promo not too long ago, so I'll probably just buy the season pass then. I definitely want Sigma and Venom, so may as well.
I got $20 from the Amazon promo, so the Character Pass was only $11 for me.

Edit: Bruce got it.
DFOD2gNUIAEd_Ws.jpg

It's luceBUCE

Blueblur1

Like even if you want only 3 characters. That puts you at $24 bucks.
Like shit you might as well pay the 6 more bucks to get the rest of them.
Capcom really wants people to go all in.

The pricing is really ingenious. Capcom is guaranteed to take $30 out more wallets this way. Instead of selling 2 or 3 characters to folks they're about to sell them all 6.

Which is their plan from the beginning. They never planned on anyone buying 3, 4, 5, or 6 characters à la carte.

Edit: Characters look good. They should really bring up the launch roster to this higher level of quality.

NEO0MJ

Maybe some of the Digimon fighting games?

I played the first Rumble Arena and the GBA one and you couldn't do it in those, fused characters had their own slots. However I just remembered that you could do it the DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi games.

It was the first super they showed.

I was so surprised by how dull his level three was. If they were going to make it that boring should have just given him a non cinematic level three instead.

Sigma and BP look hype, and its neat to have them tossed out soon with MonHun.

But man, way to sandbag the hype with your per-character pricing there Capcom.

patchday

wow I just happened to look at my online stats and noticed I've played over 100 online matches with Gamora. Had no idea I was this obsessed with her. There's so many other characters I want to play so definitely need to branch out more

Lol I uploaded a match with my Chun Li/Gamora vs Dr Strange/Iron Man just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnAy53Xu9oI

patchday

Will watch the BP & Sigma trailer. But man the 'random gafs' are shitposting it already saying the content is on disc. And I can't counter them cause the fighters are technically in story mode and we have no idea if these fighters were already completed ;(

no thanks to the leaks I suspect these fighters were already completed and I got charged an extra $12 (BB GCU discount for Deluxe) on top of retail for them

But all salt aside I am glad I am getting Black Panther. I really wanted an Afro American character to play with, Part of reason I love spectating fighting games and sponser them is because its such a diverse esport. Most of the other esports are not diverse at all!!!!

I legitimately facepalmed when I read the price. The only thing saving it is that the costumes are included. Looks like they're going with that Tekken 7 "Buy it all or buy nothing" tech.

Kirin Armor came out a lot less cute than I expected. Rathalos Armor legit looks better.

BP looks a lot more like X-23 than Logan. Especially the aerial stuff. In fact, I don't recall seeing any ground combos on his end.

Finally, 3 characters dropping in October? Kinda weird but alright.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Will watch the BP & Sigma trailer. But man the 'random gafs' are shitposting it already saying the content is on disc. And I can't counter them cause the fighters are technically in story mode and we have no idea if these fighters were already completed ;(

no thanks to the leaks I suspect these fighters were already completed and I got charged an extra $12 (BB GCU discount for Deluxe) on top of retail for them

But all salt aside I am glad I am getting Black Panther. I really wanted an Afro American character to play with, Part of reason I love spectating fighting games and sponser them is because its such a diverse esport. Most of the other esports are not diverse at all!!!!

None of their movesets were in the game anyway. If they were, then we would have know it by few days ago or so.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Black Panther ain't American, tho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
3 in October? alrighty.

Panther looks kinda bland but also exactly what I expected, I mean at the end of the day, you cnt do that much vriety with these slashy/punchy/kicky guys.

Sigm looks tall as fuck, also kinda what I expected tho with the ligh saber stuff.

Panther alt is dope, are there pictures of the Sigma alt?

Jawmuncher

3 in October? alrighty.

Panther looks kinda bland but also exactly what I expected, I mean at the end of the day, you cnt do that much vriety with these slashy/punchy/kicky guys.

Sigm looks tall as fuck, also kinda what I expected tho with the ligh saber stuff.

6a1fb29f9f1010c7b520f469b6eb8972.png

Coda

3 in October? alrighty.

Here it is:

Top Bottom