• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Gotta admit my very first instinct with the game is indeed to change tagging during hyper back to DHC. I really like the free-for-all tagging system but it feels really hacky to manually tag during hyper 1 and fiddle around with positioning for hyper 2.

patchday

Talk about toxic people. Some dude named Jaesynkreed joined my lobby, cussed through the entire set like a 12 year old COD player (as my 10 year old COD playing stepson walked in and heard), and I'm pretty sure I heard some racial slurs in there as well. Its like... This is the behavior that will turn people off and kill the game, man. Should have booted him sooner but I wanted to shut his ass up with some sweet revenge... Which never came. If only this were Injustice :(.

oh- is the mic on by default in this game like in Injustice 2? Havent heard anyone speak yet in this game.

JayEH

I wonder if Chris G feels differently after winning.

Sometimes I really sit back and try to understand what type of fighting games certain pros actually want, only to realize that it's pointless to think about.

These guys complain about how "unbalanced" modern games are while in the same breath saying 3S is the greatest fighter of all time.

These guys complain about how "unbalanced" modern games are while in the same breath saying 3S is the greatest fighter of all time.

I mean... that's when you know.

What's funny is I'd see a few of them also say Capcom Vs SNK 2 was one of the greatest fighting games to ever play...only for them to talk about how boring and long the game generally was.

Kinda gave up trying to understand their preferences at that point.

tariniel

How many online battles does it take to unlock colors?

Tonight I was playing with a friend in a lobby, we played somewhere between 20-30 games and when I exited the lobby I unlocked colors 3+4 for both of my characters. I have never stepped into arcade mode. Just curious if anyone knows the exact number required. 20,25,30?

Zomba13

oh- is the mic on by default in this game like in Injustice 2? Havent heard anyone speak yet in this game.

(on pc at least) Mic is defaulted to on. It's always on. You have to unplug the mic or disable it in windows or else it will always transmit. And even if you turn the voice chat sound option to mute it doesn't always work so you can get online and still hear the other player through the game. Me and my friend when we go into a lobby always have to back out backi into the options and put it back to mute (even though it shows on the screen as being mute)

MrMephistoX

What's funny is I'd see a few of them also say Capcom Vs SNK 2 was one of the greatest fighting games to ever play...only for them to talk about how boring and long the game generally was.

Kinda gave up trying to understand their preferences at that point.

It’s true I only like 3S because Chun-Li is god tier.

Thor range on instant neutral jFP against crouching opponent

MQDYV5.gif

Sayad

Reality stone need a change less so because of how strong it is(don't really see it staying as a top tier stone, space and soul storms makes them better than reality imo) and more because of how awful it's making the game to both watch and play, it's like jab spam in vanilla SFxT at this point, without a top level player in the match to control it(which will be like at least %90 of the game's stream life), it's just making the game unwatchable.

This is, supposedly, some high level play: https://youtu.be/QKN1ZPFSMIo?t=52m1s
Now think about random online warriors(who are the majority of the player base) experience with reality stone!

Dahbomb

Yeah Reality stone is one of those things that impacts lower levels of play, not the highest levels of play. And Capcom has made changes exclusively to target that skill bracket so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to do the same with Reality stone.

kiaaa

I mean, it can be obnoxious, but even as a newer Marvel player, I can find ways around it. You get used to how long it's on screen pretty fast and even I can perfect push block it if it's on its own.

Is there a way to fall faster? I find that a lot of the time after an air combo, I can't get down to the ground fast enough to OTG without a switch. It works if I slow down the air combo, but it seems like some players just get down to the ground way faster than me in general.

NEO0MJ

I mean, it can be obnoxious, but even as a newer Marvel player, I can find ways around it. You get used to how long it's on screen pretty fast and even I can perfect push block it if it's on its own.

Is there a way to fall faster? I find that a lot of the time after an air combo, I can't get down to the ground fast enough to OTG without a switch. It works if I slow down the air combo, but it seems like some players just get down to the ground way faster than me in general.

In regards to your first point, it's about dealing with it and more about how it makes the game boring to both watch and play.

As for the second point, if your character doesn't have an 8 way dash/fast descending move like Firebrand you'll have to enter your air combo slightly later than usual with a little delay between attacks so you and your opponent fall to the ground almost at the same time. The risk is that your opponent might drop out of the combo if you take too long.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oooh Richard Nguyen working on Dante/Strider now?

Thor legit looks really good in this game. Mighty Strike and his new projectile ain't nothing to screw around with.

Anybody on PC want to play? Running Cap/Strider atm and online is dryer than usual, which is saying something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MVC: Infinite‏Verified account @marvelvscapcom 6m6 minutes ago
More
With infinite possibilities, this is why you should never give up in #MVCI. Check out this epic match!

I kinda wish there was a typo and it said "this is why you should never give up ON #MVCI"

:3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So how early do you guys want a balance patch, given recent findings?

I mean, I get an early bugfix to deal with things that we perceive to be mistakes like invincibility on Guardians characters' projectiles, but are y'all gung-ho about a Sentinel-style nerf to Reality Stone where we might be complaining more about Soul or Mind in a few months regardless?

Should we expect some early tweaks in a week?

brian!

Way too early for a reality stone nerf, would love bugfixes but since i assume they wont be patching often id want them to accumulate more, new stuff every week atm

Still slightly paranoid about whether balance batches will exist in the first place lol

I would say patch stuff early next year before the next CPT.

Finish out the battle for the stones and patch some time in feburary. Thats like 4 months which might not be too much time to do serious nerfs and buffs but that should be plenty of time to nerf/buff the egregious stuff.

Dahbomb

I mean, I get an early bugfix to deal with things that we perceive to be mistakes like invincibility on Guardians characters' projectiles, but are y'all gung-ho about a Sentinel-style nerf to Reality Stone where we might be complaining more about Soul or Mind in a few months regardless?

Bug fix as soon as possible. Same for problematic unintended stuff.

Actual balance changes after Capcom Cup/Battle of the Stones. Except for buffing Ryu/Chris, you don't need to wait 2 months to figure out that they are bad.

And please read what was said about Reality stone before comparing it to Sentinel nerf.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

The durability levels on those projectiles are pretty obviously not mistakes, imo. They should fix Spider-Man/Reality stone shenanigans, tho/

Dahbomb

As far as what to expect... I think Capcom is going to squeeze some balance changes in the Oct 17th patch along with the usual bug fixes. This is probably stuff they found around launch time but couldn't implement it into the game day 1. Like it's possible that if Dorm was put into the game late they didn't playtest 3C enough and people found it was a problem internally but didn't have time to fix it.

FSLink

Banned
Bug fix as soon as possible. Same for problematic unintended stuff.

Actual balance changes after Capcom Cup/Battle of the Stones. Except for buffing Ryu/Chris, you don't need to wait 2 months to figure out that they are bad.

And please read what was said about Reality stone before comparing it to Sentinel nerf.

I would still wait on them buffing Chris and Ryu. Yeah they're obviously bad, but people are finding new stuff and setups with them. They probably won't ever escape the bottom but I'm interested in seeing where people take them.

Top Bottom