• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

OsirisBlack

Banned
Thor legit looks really good in this game. Mighty Strike and his new projectile ain't nothing to screw around with.

Anybody on PC want to play? Running Cap/Strider atm and online is dryer than usual, which is saying something.
hammer toss pulling them in for a full combo is nuts.... it also blows through most projectiles.

patchday

not till sometime next year. dont want it to go all nrs with the patching

I wish NRS nerfed Aquaman, Deadshot, and Black Adam in first week. But they waited due to "listening to fan criticism from MKX' and EVO was ruined by Trident Rush spam

So definitely wait a bit before raining down the nerfs. Only do bug fixes. But dont wait too long. Once its 100% evident all pros will just spam Dante please start raining down the nerfs so the pro tour is not ruined.

Keits

Developer
Your inactive character:
a.) can heal all damage taken
b.) all damage he deals can be healed

Been telling people this since before launch! You shouldn't always tag your supers right away, and getting happy birthdayed is kinda good for you sometimes.

brian!

Yeah it's one of those things where after a tag combo im just all "man that's a lot of red health" but never really followed that thread lol

Grifter

You want to pick a Support character with Nova (Dormammu/Dr Strange/Rocket Raccoon/Ghost Rider) for synergy then use either Reality or Space stone. For new players Reality is the best one.

Ghost Rider/Nova/Reality is week 1 team scrubs team if you want to have a go at it.

Thanks, I'll check that out! Started learning by been dabbling with Nova + Gamora/Ultron/Hawkeye + Power to back opponents off. Wondering if Hawkeye as setup is sustainable or going for a hard staircase team with Ultron.

NEO0MJ

But its a lv1 that does like 4k on its own. Nice for finishing off characters.

Hulk's Gamma Tsunami can also do 4k damage ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If it's from one side of the screen to the other.

But more seriously, anyone have any ideas on what to do with Hulk? Messed around with him a little but I don't know where to start with him.

Hitstun/damage scaling on Thor's command throws are so bad :(

Jq6Dpg.gif

capcom pls fix

So how early do you guys want a balance patch, given recent findings?

Bug fixes should get done asap. Nerfs/buffs shouldn't happen until later down the line. With that said though, if there are moves that don't fit in with their design choices then I wouldn't mind them fixing those asap as well. I hope they provide developer comments with whatever changes they make.

NEO0MJ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";251464004]Hitstun/damage scaling on Thor's command throws are so bad :(

capcom pls fix[/QUOTE]

Have you tried making use of the HSD glitch? At least it will fix one of your problems with throws.

smurfx

get some go again
So how early do you guys want a balance patch, given recent findings?

I mean, I get an early bugfix to deal with things that we perceive to be mistakes like invincibility on Guardians characters' projectiles, but are y'all gung-ho about a Sentinel-style nerf to Reality Stone where we might be complaining more about Soul or Mind in a few months regardless?

Should we expect some early tweaks in a week?
reality stone projectile just needs to go away if you are hit. maybe it should deplete your reality meter as well but that's going a little far. would only be fair to then buff its activation. maybe have a way to turn off projectiles when you get a hit confirm.

brian!

I just want bugfixes atm but im not really in a rush. Itd be cool if they were able to deal with the more wacky shit on pc. Other than that, i dont see much that needs immediate patching in terms of balance, like yeah there are certain moves that are too strong comparably but some of that stuff needs graceful solutions that im not confident they have ready. Im assumming stuff like hsd reset or spidey infinite are unintentional

What if using your stone ability cost a tiny bit of meter instead of building it?

I don't know, I don't want meter gain just for getting hit because then it's too focus on the comeback factor rather than getting to the fun, delicious center by having fun. I think the stones themselves are better off altered rather than the gauge consumption.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, this is about as far as I can get trying to replicate the MvC3 look.

Might look into ReShade's MXAO plugin to see if I can change the blending mode. Right now it looks odd on lighter colored areas like Ryu's gi since it just darkens the area rather than apply a black outline. I don't think I can fix the effect breaking during a hyper flash though.
Neat.

Not sure how little or more stylizing the aesthetic needs but I think a lot of it is altering the models of the most realistic characters as well.

nded

Neat.

Not sure how little or more stylizing the aesthetic needs but I think a lot of it is altering the models of the most realistic characters as well.

It actually works alright with Chris and Spencer since there's a lot of surface geometry for the AO to 'grab' onto, so to speak. What I've actually had trouble with are Ryu and Strider's pants since they're just sort of lumpy tubes.

Might look into ReShade's MXAO plugin to see if I can change the blending mode. Right now it looks odd on lighter colored areas like Ryu's gi since it just darkens the area rather than apply a black outline. I don't think I can fix the effect breaking during a hyper flash though.

I like it.

I doubt it'll happen but I really hope Capcom decides to do something like this to the game. If SNK can do it, so can Capcom.

Anyone else having a character crisis with the game? The one character I for sure want to have is Captain Marvel I think? But then every day I'm just trying her out with someone else and it never clicks. Any suggestions? Not sure what makes a good team.

Can someone tell me how you get 2 HP in the air as Strider? Stuck on his mission 7...the demonstration pulls it out so fast and I have no idea how.

NVM I'm a dumby. I was trying to dash cancel with him but it wasn't coming out at all. Got it now.

Blueblur1

That looks great. If Capcom were to do this to the game (along with updating some of the uglier character models) then I would consider buying the game.

Jaeger

But it happened in the one that went back to 2v2 so you can't do a full team.

I love the new format, to be honest. Don't miss it [3v3]. To be fair, I've been playing the Vs. series since the start. The 3v3 of MvC2/3 was the new-new.

You and me both my nigga.

Too bad it's 2v2...

Came at a big price but fuck it I'll take it idgaf!!

Yea man. I can do my Black Zero/Sigma squad soon!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
X7wVpqj.png
MBpyDge.png
8o9fXOe.png
CB1e4Bi.png
E8vGLeM.png

IZfgYc9.png
RgdkkHS.png
uWb3r1L.png
oCgZsUx.png
I8wZ1kO.png

Capcom - Veterans

1. Captain Commando - 90
  2. Amaterasu - 70
  3. Phoenix Wright - 62
  4. Wesker - 55
  5. Jin Saotome - 51
  6. Vergil - 48
  7. Jill Valentine - 38
  8. Ruby Heart - 33
  9. Tron Bonne - 33
  10. Viewtiful Joe - 28
  11. BB Hood - 26
  12. Trish - 15
  13. Batsu - 15
  14. Akuma - 15
  15. Cammy - 12
  16. Hsien-Ko - 10
  17. Amingo - 10
  18. Roll - 9
  19. Son Son - 8
  20. Hayato - 8

wille9

X7wVpqj.png
MBpyDge.png
8o9fXOe.png
CB1e4Bi.png
E8vGLeM.png

IZfgYc9.png
RgdkkHS.png
uWb3r1L.png
oCgZsUx.png
I8wZ1kO.png

Capcom - Veterans

1. Captain Commando - 90
  2. Amaterasu - 70
  3. Phoenix Wright - 62
  4. Wesker - 55
  5. Jin Saotome - 51
  6. Vergil - 48
  7. Jill Valentine - 38
  8. Ruby Heart - 33
  9. Tron Bonne - 33
  10. Viewtiful Joe - 28
  11. BB Hood - 26
  12. Trish - 15
  13. Batsu - 15
  14. Akuma - 15
  15. Cammy - 12
  16. Hsien-Ko - 10
  17. Amingo - 10
  18. Roll - 9
  19. Son Son - 8
  20. Hayato - 8
Your missing some capcom vets. 1.Zangief Vodka fire. 2.Dark Sakura. 3.Shadow Lady. 4.Norimaro. 5. Dan 6. Cyber Akuma.

Top Bottom