• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Zero-ELEC

Banned
The idea of seeing Ryu, Hulk, Captain America Captain Marvel, and Frank West in top level play is only a pipe dream. Dante will be the only function used, in this game by everybody and their grandparents for as long as the game has legs!

OK_thumb.png

Neonep

Dante is OP in this game. Sounds like they did him justice, Dante is OP by nature. Not to the extent of Vergil but still OP.

vg260

Been digging around the PC ini files for some handy UE4 engine commands. These go in the Engine.ini under [SystemSettings]

Cool, gonna check these out. Too bad the PS4 version probably won't ever get a CA/AA toggle to fix the color and blurriness. Those alone makes a big difference.

Sayad

The idea of seeing Ryu, Hulk, Captain America Captain Marvel, and Frank West in top level play is only a pipe dream. Dante will be the only function used, in this game by everybody and their grandparents for as long as the game has legs!
Captain Marvel is pretty good and we do see her in top level play!

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Been digging around the PC ini files for some handy UE4 engine commands. These go in the Engine.ini under [SystemSettings]

You probably know this one. Gets rid of chromatic aberration.

Controls highlights, midtones and shadows. Basically your brightness and contrast controls. Default values are 1.0, 0.5 and 0.0 respectively.

The default ambient occlusion settings for this game are a little blotchy, these values just clean that up a bit.

For fun, you can enable Injustice 2 style motion blur.

This motion blur makes the game look nuts. Good looking out!

Vice

Give it time. It takes time for even good but tricky characters to catch on in VS games.

FSLink

Banned
It's funny because you'd see posts like this when UMvC3 came out but about characters like Morrigan.

Also Captain Marvel is good in this game, and I see plenty of top level play for her wtf lol

Negaduck

Ended ranked tonight fighting a mirror! That was cool as I didn't really expect many to use the same team (fb/jedah). Ended up taking the set 2-1. Lmao only difference was stone. He used space. When he would try to pull me I would use the momentum to cross over and escape the trap they were going for.

When they put me in the box I would just sj and use the soul whip, it would interrupt jedah pinwheel attempts, FB fireballs and since the length is so long it was great to keep them at bay and waste down the time.

Tough match though, also funny because we both used completely different combos for everything. Soul stone is so godlike.

sinkfla87

What's this I hear about never seeing Frank West? I'm going to change that. Yours truly, coming to a tournament near you.

After getting bodied for a year.

sinkfla87

Current State of MVCI by Young Chow & Oso
Dunno who these two are but some of the things are on point. They point out some things good about the game right now, some bad.

Last year I went there. That place was cool as shit, especially since I have nothing like it here really. Met a guy about my age who played SFV with me and had a blast. Wish I could go back :(.

Craigslist missed connections:
If you're a Gaffer guy who's name escapes me, my name is Kel and I'm the lame ass dude with a controller who played fang lol.

Dahbomb

Anyone know when NPD is out? It's gonna be interesting
It's not going to be interesting.

Because this game is going to chart very poorly if it even charts at all.

It will only be interesting if it puts up non shit numbers.

Esoterica but I have to grin because you have been misnaming Prop Shredder since at least 2011
Oh don't worry, I have been misspelling it since 2004.

bubumiao

Do you think a season 2 would have more than 6 characters?
I hadn't given that much thought until now, but I suppose there could be 8~10. Since season 2 would probably be spread out over 9 or more months (leading up to next year's CPT or "Battle of the Stones" equivalent).

It'd be awesome if there were 12 or more, but let's be realistic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This game encourages projectile bullshit like nothing else I've ever seen in a fighting game.

there is absolutely nothing in the same level of MorriDoom so no, it does not

FluxWaveZ

for sure, ill send an invite

GGs. I don't yet understand what the neutral actually is in this game. You're good at converting any stray hit from the air into consistently long combos, maybe I just need to figure out proper conversions like that and throw those safe buttons out liberally.

I have to stop using the launchers in the way I do because they feel like they're minus a million. But, coming from SFV, they look like they'd be anti-airs. With air blocking in this game and without the concept of air unblockable moves like in Xrd, I wonder if AAs even really exist here.

Producer

GGs. I don't yet understand what the neutral actually is in this game. You're good at converting any stray hit from the air into consistently long combos, maybe I just need to figure out proper conversions like that and throw those safe buttons out liberally.

I have to stop using the launchers in the way I do because they feel like they're minus a million. But, coming from SFV, they look like they'd be anti-airs. With air blocking in this game and without the concept of air unblockable moves like in Xrd, I wonder if AAs even really exist here.

GGs, i was going to mention about you using launchers like that, even though i did get hit by them more than not its not a good idea to throw them out like that as they are very punishable. In general for AAs some characters' launchers are good, standing mashable jabs are good, otherwise its a better option to evade or go into the air and hit them before they come down on you. Thats why converting off of air hits is important and definately something you should lab up for. Theres alot you can improve with that team, you could be playing way dirtier lol

Raitaro

Yeah...it's almost like Combofiend's function thesis was actually right, at least when it comes to high level players. That or people were just massively big fans of random sentinel robots at the time of MvC2 and 3...or Dormammu in Infinite...

(I'm only half-serious here people, I'm sure pretty much everyone picks characters based on their affinity for them at least initially. That said, more character variety at higher levels is always better than less imo.)

wille9

Dante is OP in this game. Sounds like they did him justice, Dante is OP by nature. Not to the extent of Vergil but still OP.

Dante is a very useful function, but that still doesn't mean he should be the only character being used to death. Most people basically want what's predictable, safe and boring.

You know what I noticed I get hit by a lot: when my opponent tags and I'm not expecting it for whatever reason, so I get clipped by the incoming character. Really chaps my hide.

Neoxon

I'm looking at places like Reddit & Discord where I distributed the results, & some people seem surprised at the likes of Ms. Marvel & Squirrel Girl ranking so high, while others like Sentinel, Carnage, & Black Bolt didn't rank at all.

Bob White

Random thought of the day...

MVCi doesn't have loot boxes because they didn't have enough shit in the game to loot out.

Guess that's a perk of a low budget for us gamers!

Top Bottom