• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

JeTmAn81

Dante just has a ridiculous number of moves which translates into options for every situation. That's why I wanted to play him in 3, he was billed as having the most special moves of any fighting game character (probably not true). I never even played the DMC series.

BadWolf

Dante just has a ridiculous number of moves which translates into options for every situation. That's why I wanted to play him in 3, he was billed as having the most special moves of any fighting game character (probably not true). I never even played the DMC series.

You should at least play DMC3.

brian!

The thing about dante is that it's not just ppl playing him that have to put in work. He's got slow normals but w/ proper spacing he is really good at punishing blind aggression. Some reactions to him atm are knee jerk, but with the mvci system and numerous bugs favoring him he def top 3 afaik

JayEH

I'd prefer this over Vergil, maybe not Lady though.

I’m off the lady hype train after seeing all these gun characters already announced for dlc. She’d still be cool and definitely more stylish than a black widow but I’d rather bring back trish as the female dmc rep now.
Also I’d love to see the Gloria costume back.

patchday

Which version of MvC2 are you looking for physical? The Dreamcast version is not super expensive, last I checked. In the like $30-40 range.

Edit: Nm, just looked it up on eBay. Crazy how expensive it has gotten.

I am looking to pay for it on xbox 360 or ps3. I am planning to just play it locally with friends/kids

Anth0ny

I wonder what the deal is when it comes to releasing other Marvel Vs games outside of Infinite and UMVC3. You'd think Capcom would put out Marvel 2 and Origins on current platforms if they could.

I wonder what the deal is when it comes to releasing other Marvel Vs games outside of Infinite and UMVC3. You'd think Capcom would put out Marvel 2 and Origins on current platforms if they could.

I assume there's a separate licencing deal they'd have to make with Marvel to do this.

Besides, Capcom can't even be bothered to put out easily accessible versions of SF 2, 3, or Alpha on steam/PC. Feels like Capcom is adverse to easy money sometimes.

Dahbomb

You think Disney/Marvel wants to let Capcom put out a game on current gen consoles that heavily features X Men and has very little to do with the MCU?

We were supremely lucky to get UMVC3 on current gen system.

I continue to not understand the OTG rules in this game
This is using a glitch which is resetting HSD. It essentially resets your combo hit stun allowing you to basically do long combos like that.

Neoxon

You think Disney/Marvel wants to let Capcom put out a game on current gen consoles that heavily features X Men and has very little to do with the MCU?

We were supremely lucky to get UMVC3 on current gen system.
Marvel lifted the X-Men part of the ban, so that may not be a problem now. Plus Marvel never had a problem with older games featuring Fox characters (see the Deadpool game).

Dahbomb

Marvel lifted the X-Men part of the ban, so that may not be a problem now.
Lifting the ban doesn't mean they are going to put out stuff that promotes X Men more than MCU. MVC2 is basically X Men vs random ass Capcom characters, this is not a product that Marvel is particularly interested in promoting.

Spade

If they really wanted to start making money with the Marvel property, they'd re-release MVC2 on Steam/Consoles with online.

Shit, they just read this and put it on their "Never to do" list it seems. This would be ideal though (for them to re-release). Anybody know if they have the ability to actually re-list titles like MvC2 and Origins? Just wondering.

patchday

Lifting the ban doesn't mean they are going to put out stuff that promotes X Men more than MCU. MVC2 is basically X Men vs random ass Capcom characters, this is not a product that Marvel is particularly interested in promoting.

You are trying to make me hate Disney aren't you? I really want to play MvC2 on-the-go on my Switch ;(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is using a glitch which is resetting HSD. It essentially resets your combo hit stun allowing you to basically do long combos like that.

giphy.webp

ZeroCDR

They got to port UMvC3 which is still heavy on X-Men and some FF. I don't know why they wouldn't negotiate for MvC2 also, just a matter time and whatever they worked out. I wouldn't put the game out there now with Infinite struggling, maybe in a year or so.

FSLink

Banned
On the Switch? At best, you'll get an updated version of Infinite if Capcom ends up releasing one.
If only. Capcom's Switch support has been hella suspect. We'll probably get a half assed port of like MvC1 with none of the Origins stuff (online, unlockables, Marvel Super Heroes, etc).

The HSD reset glitch or whatever also resets OTGs? Kinda lost because I thought those were two complete different things. Sounds like it's resetting more than just the HSD.

JeTmAn81

I'm not worried about infinites/TODs in this because of counter switching. The beam super gave like a full bar when he used it. The real problem is infinites like spider man's which you can't tag out of

Except people are going to get really good at punishing counter switch and then we'll be in trouble when they just mix up your incoming character and keep going

Except people are going to get really good at punishing counter switch and then we'll be in trouble when they just mix up your incoming character and keep going

Just like Guilty Gear or any other game with a burst, people will eventually have to learn when to pick their spot to counter switch out, it's not meant to be fool proof. Usually if they are comboing in the air, they cannot get back to the ground fast enough to get the incoming character if you switch in then, and it is only something like 5 frames until they can block once switching in (I think that is the timing for a normal switch, I don't know if the time is longer for a counterswitch).

brian!

Ppl are improving with their counter switches too, a lot of ppl hold it down out of panic (including me) but timing it correctly is gonna be something that everyone has to learn

Just like Guilty Gear or any other game with a burst, people will eventually have to learn when to pick their spot to counter switch out, it's not meant to be fool proof. Usually if they are comboing in the air, they cannot get back to the ground fast enough to get the incoming character if you switch in then, and it is only something like 5 frames until they can block once switching in (I think that is the timing for a normal switch, I don't know if the time is longer for a counterswitch).

I played a gaffer yesterday, dunno his forum name, but he was great with ctagging in megaman when i was comboing in the air, helped me understand it a bit better

NEO0MJ

Man, I'm trying to learn fly combos but I can't wrap my head around it yet. Ant good guides on it? Most just give the inputs.
Also, who do you time when you dash downwards with Ultron and using his "Melt!" attack?

JeTmAn81

Man, I'm trying to learn fly combos but I can't wrap my head around it yet. Ant good guides on it? Most just give the inputs.
Also, who do you time when you dash downwards with Ultron and using his "Melt!" attack?

I started learning Ultron's last night and it's pretty much just HP->Dash->HP->Dash etc. as fast as you can. The starter I was using was cr.HP launcher directly into flight which leaves Ultron a little bit underneath the opponent, so I was holding up-right while dashing until I was about level with the opponent.

brian!

Try learning it with ultron, he's one of the more easier characters in the game. You can mash dash for the dash->hp and dont forget to lp after the fly input. Once you get it it'll be like riding a bike

Zissou

It's easy to adjust for height weirdness. If they're too high, air dash up, if they're about right, air dash up forward, and if they're too low, air dash forward. As you get more comfortable with it you can start adjusting it on the fly depending on the confirm.

NEO0MJ

I have been trying to do it with Ultron. Maybe I should stop for now as it's getting pretty late and try going back to it tomorrow.

JeTmAn81

The HP flight loop stuff can take some practice. I picked it up almost instantly because I played Magneto in UMVC3 so I was used to the actions needed.

Sesha

DLC poll GameFAQs top 10s, for those curious:

Capcom veterans

1. Captain Commando - 58
2. Wesker - 39
3. Jin Saotome - 36
4. Amaterasu - 36
5. Phoenix Wright - 33
6. Jill Valentine - 33
7. Vergil - 26
8. Viewtiful Joe - 18
9. M. Bison - 16
10. Ruby Heart - 14
11. Hayato Kanzaki - 14

Capcom newcomers

1. Asura - 45
2. Gene - 33
3. Nina - 23
4. Leon S. Kennedy - 22
5. Edward Falcon - 20
6. Regina - 18
7. Rashid - 17
8. Rouge - 14
9. Juri - 13
10. Lady - 11

Marvel veterans

1. Wolverine - 50
2. Psylocke - 45
3. Gambit - 38
4. Deadpool - 37
5. Cyclops - 25
6. She-Hulk - 25
7. Doctor Doom - 23
8. Iron Fist - 21
9. Storm - 19
10. Magneto - 15
11. Rogue - 15
12. Blackheart - 15

Marvel newcomers

1. Loki - 30
2. Daredevil - 29
3. Star-Lord - 23
4. Ms. Marvel - 23
5. Scarlet Witch - 19
6. The Punisher - 19
7. Moon Knight - 17
8. Doctor Octopus - 16
9. Squirrel Girl - 16
10. Carnage - 13

I posted the top 20s in the results thread.

JayEH

Nobody likes CapCom at gamefaqs.

Regarding porting marvel 2...they probably only ported umvc3 to get people hyped for infinite but really all it did was show people how lacking Infinite was in comparison.

Porting mvc origins and 2 would be big money but they don’t even need more comparisons for infinite.

OsirisBlack

Banned
So I'm not the only one that wants Asura, good to know. I said I'd main Asura and Thanos before this game dropped .... give me Asura damn it.

Top Bottom