• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

smurfx

get some go again
Overhead shotgun caused this didn't it
everything. those stupid tracking projectiles are annoying as shit too. makes everything he does safe. i swear its like they took everything i hated about umvc3 and amplified it. not only that but they took a bunch of characters options away and gave it to some characters so they have everything.

Sesha

Nobody likes CapCom at gamefaqs.

Regarding porting marvel 2...they probably only ported umvc3 to get people hyped for infinite but really all it did was show people how lacking Infinite was in comparison.

Porting mvc origins and 2 would be big money but they don't even need more comparisons for infinite.

He's actually in 1st. I messed up.

Skittles

Almost 100% positive that Dante and dormammu will both be nerfed in the first major balance patch.
Character wise theyre the only two who need to be touched. Then reality stone needs to changed to like 3 maybe 4f for startup on projectile and it needs to disappear on hit. Besides that, should focus on fixing the bugs

JayEH

How would Dante be nerfed? He just seems strong by the way the game is designed. There’s a couple of things that need to go like overhead glitch of course.

Almost 100% positive that Dante and dormammu will both be nerfed in the first major balance patch.

I hope it's nothing too crazy of a Nerf. Just make some of Dante's most used stuff a little more unsafe and make it harder for dormammu to build spells.

Rose garden would be fine if you couldn't use it 5x a match.

shaowebb

Good Lord when Dorm jumps over me throws space stone out and does his big ass hitbox crossup I have no clue which way to block and I'm almost certain folks have no idea which side it hits on when they do it. Space stone crossups so stanky.

FSLink

Banned
How would Dante be nerfed? He just seems strong by the way the game is designed. There’s a couple of things that need to go like overhead glitch of course.
If it were up to me I'd give him srk motions and maybe double motions from vanilla MvC3 back. It's not just that he's good in this game and has options for everything like previous games, but he's easy and does good damage without much execution.

Don't see it as very likely though lol, I expect a slight damage nerf/meter build nerf and for him to stay the same.

Hazzuh

Character wise theyre the only two who need to be touched. Then reality stone needs to changed to like 3 maybe 4f for startup on projectile and it needs to disappear on hit. Besides that, should focus on fixing the bugs

They also need to buff some of the obviously bad characters.

OsirisBlack

Banned
So new character discussion, sigma actually looks really really good. Panther looks like he could be good but might take some serious lab time. Monster hunter looks like she's to easy to interrupt. That slow ass great sword swing is easy as hell to stuff. Her supers look good but I need to see her normals. Panthers movement options look insane and complicated. I'm worried he's either going to be really good or really bad.

smurfx

get some go again
we aren't going to get any balance changes for a long ass time. this game bombed so they are likely throwing any resources at sf arcade edition. expect a balance patch after evo. that will most likely be the last one if the game truly goes on to have no legs at all.

Dahbomb

First real balance patch will probably be after the Battle of the Stones event. Barring fixes that they intended to be in the game earlier but didn't make on launch (aka the Sentinel nerf).

Main issue is that I don't think the team actually knows the expected power level of a character in the game. They just kinda threw tools and mechanics in the pot, then had it rock.

If anything balance patches are the only reliable thing people can count on. Spending money to keep players around and invite new ones in by shaking up the meta is still costly but not as costly as making full on DLC.

Dahbomb

The community patched UMVC3 for free within months of getting the PC version, there is no real excuse for MVCI even if it bombs.

Anth0ny

it's still way too early to call for nerfs on any particular character

justin hasn't even entered a tournament yet

mans were calling for sentinel's head until justin rendered the character obsolete with his wolverine

being able to do a grab -> switch -> input actions with switched character (think dorm's spells) seems like some real fucking bullshit, though. that should be a universal change imo.

brian!

I dont expect too many patches either, and it's because of this that im afraid theyll push one out before more shit comes out. For example, a kneejerk nerf to reality stone would have been pretty bad since the discourse surrounding it was a lot more tumultuous a week ago than it is now.

https://kotaku.com/5884842/wait-it-costs-40000-to-patch-a-console-game

This article is dated and i have no idea how it works atm, but pricing like this puts into question whether a balance patch will happen at all

Im reading around and dont see much mention of it past this article so take it w/ a grain of salt

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Dante's adjustments. Fix the overhead glitch. Fix the devil trigger freeze glitch. Wait till next year to make any other adjustments.

System-wide down the road capture state might need to be looked at if it proves too strong not to have a character that deploys it.

Major thing they need to address right now is all the bugs.

My hope for DLC in future in terms of tridash/flight characters like Magneto, Storm, Doom. Is I hope they don't dumb them down like the rest of the tridash/flight characters in this game. I can understand them wanting to make stuff more accessible but I'd hope that they can still leave in high execution tridash/flight characters that are as rewarding as past games. I know some will say but "Doom" is dumb but he actually had a lot of high execution stuff to him as well - he should play like Marvel 2 / 3 hybrid.

Companies don't operate like, one game tanks so that reserve is depleted. If Capcom gains revenue from other projects, including AE and MH, they could very well dump some of it back into MVCI. And again, DLC can make up some of that cost, too. Games bombing as a GaaS model still sucks but is salvageable compared to just relying on base sales from the first few weeks alone. And no company is going to drop a product on people, watch it fail, and do absolutely nothing in the meantime to rectify the situation.

If Capcom throws out some hail marys and things continue to falter, then we got an issue. Though I think the DLC prices are one of those, personally.

Neoxon

They already directly mentioned the Spider-Man infinite as something that they'll look into, so I'd expect a balance patch sooner rather than later. At the latest, I'd expect one after the Capcom Cup.

JayEH

So new character discussion, sigma actually looks really really good. Panther looks like he could be good but might take some serious lab time. Monster hunter looks like she's to easy to interrupt. That slow ass great sword swing is easy as hell to stuff. Her supers look good but I need to see her normals. Panthers movement options look insane and complicated. I'm worried he's either going to be really good or really bad.

MH can roll cancel all of her attacks I think. Slow normals might not be a problem.

smurfx

get some go again
Companies don't operate like, one game tanks so that reserve is depleted. If Capcom gains revenue from other projects, including AE and MH, they could very well dump some of it back into MVCI. And again, DLC can make up some of that cost, too. Games bombing as a GaaS model still sucks but is salvageable compared to just relying on base sales from the first few weeks alone. And no company is going to drop a product on people, watch it fail, and do absolutely nothing in the meantime to rectify the situation.

If Capcom throws out some hail marys and things continue to falter, then we got an issue. Though I think the DLC prices are one of those, personally.
this game had a shoestring budget to begin with. they aren't going to continue blowing money on it if it sells nothing through the holiday period. this game will be as dead as can be. again selling dlc to almost nobody isn't going to save this game.

Neoxon

Concerning Captain Marvel, I recall her intro video saying that Photon Absorber was supposed to only tank one hit. As someone who mains Carol, I hope that gets fixed in the next update.

brian!

this game had a shoestring budget to begin with. they aren't going to continue blowing money on it if it sells nothing through the holiday period. this game will be as dead as can be. again selling dlc to almost nobody isn't going to save this game.

I think they will be looking closely at how the esports aspect shapes up, a surge of sales is likely not gonna happen but the viewcounts are pretty tasty

They already directly mentioned the Spider-Man infinite as something that they'll look into, so I'd expect a balance patch sooner rather than later. At the latest, I'd expect one after the Capcom Cup.

This is true, but my confidence in their social media is low enough that it wouldnt be completely surprising if it ended up meaning nothing at all lol

Like this is the company who shipped out that demo and thought it was a good idea, and also the company who prob wouldnt have changes chunli face if there wasnt an uproar

smurfx

get some go again
I think they will be looking closely at how the esports aspect shapes up, a surge of sales is likely not gonna happen but the viewcounts are pretty tasty
i think the best case scenario is capcom saving their money and releasing an ultimate marvel infinite edition. this way they can re-release this game and likely add a few more characters and likely fix the visuals and hope it does better than regular infinite.

Most companies aren't going to drop a game after a few months, that's a bigger waste of an investment. They are going to actively find ways to keep it going. SFV was floated, and I don't doubt this would be too. It's a far bigger waste when things are salvageable.

FSLink

Banned
i think the best case scenario is capcom saving their money and releasing an ultimate marvel infinite edition. this way they can re-release this game and likely add a few more characters and likely fix the visuals and hope it does better than regular infinite.

Yeah, do like a small patch for stuff like Spidey Infinite and a few bug fixes, and then just release the rest of the DLC. Later on like after EVO next year, do an Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: Apology Edition with a graphical filter, Season 1+2's DLC, balance patch included, allow previous owners to upgrade for a small fee or free.

DLuuF-zU8AAW-9V.jpg

Something like this would help the visuals.

Neoxon

Yeah, do like a small patch for stuff like Spidey Infinite and a few bug fixes, and then just release the rest of the DLC. Later on like after EVO next year, do an Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: Apology Edition with a graphical filter, Season 1+2's DLC, balance patch included, allow previous owners to upgrade for a small fee or free.

DLuuF-zU8AAW-9V.jpg

Something like this would help the visuals.
The question is if Marvel would approve of the visual filter. Not even Telltale Guardians has its filter, so it's possible that Marvel may not allow comic shading for MvCI.

smurfx

get some go again
The question is if Marvel would approve of the visual filter. Not even Telltale Guardians has its filter, so it's possible that Marvel may not allow comic shading for MvCI.
i think marvel would relent on the visuals since they know how bad this game did and how much crap they got for the visuals.

JayEH

Reminder that Capcpom put all their MH profits into a failed mobile division a few years ago lmao.

i think marvel would relent on the visuals since they know how bad this game did and how much crap they got for the visuals.

I’m sure they’re very upset with infinite’s sales while they are counting all their movie money.

They don’t care. this is just another avenue of revenue for them they lose nothing if the game bombs.

brian!

If they are leaning on Esports this heavily then balance patches have to be a thing.

Yep this is what im hoping, i really hope the game shows up. We've gotten 40k for scr and nlbc can do ~10k, but also have had ghost town tourney streams with good ass players. Basically capcom should pay yipes to travel for this shit lol

FSLink

Banned

Who knows. Even without a filter the game is still lacking visually. Every now and then you get what they are going for (Iron Man actually looks pretty good! Tony Stark though? Bleh) but the graphics just has a lot of places where it's unpolished.

brian!

Watching the game w/ the filter on vs. what we have now is a world of difference personally, everything feels more crisp to watch.

Neoxon

Marvel should relent on a lot of things (the Marvel themes, having absolute control over their side of the roster, etc.), but I wouldn't expect too much given how big the company is now. I understand Marvel having the final say on the Marvel side of the roster, but they should at least give Capcom more of a say than they currently have now (as they at least look at fan demand).

brettreyu

Reminder that Capcpom put all their MH profits into a failed mobile division a few years ago lmao.

I'm sure they're very upset with infinite's sales while they are counting all their movie money.

They don't care. this is just another avenue of revenue for them they lose nothing if the game bombs.

I read this wrong. Thought you were saying Capcom loses nothing if the game bombs. Whoops.

A visual overhaul would be very costly for Capcom. I don't think they'll throw that much money at what could be considered a bomba. Season 2 Character DLC is still on the table, but I don't think we'll get anything meaningful after that. Season 2 has a chance of not even happening as is...

brian!

A visual overhaul would be very costly for Capcom. I don't think they'll throw that much money at what could be considered a bomba. Season 2 Character DLC is still on the table, but I don't think we'll get anything meaningful after that. Season 2 has a chance of not even happening as is...

I think if they feel positive enough about the game a re-release with diff branding and graphics wouldnt be out of the question but thatd be down the line...

An overhaul, yeah. But this game just needs a few facelifts, a UI boost, and some QoL fixes. Even doing optional shaders would work somewhat.

Top Bottom