• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

FSLink

Banned
Man, I know this might be a hot take, but X is looking not good. He seems like he doesn't do anything well atm.

I think his tools are good on paper, but his moveset is tricky....not sure how it'll play out. He's definitely not an easy character to use.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think his tools are good on paper, but his moveset is tricky....not sure how it'll play out. He's definitely not an easy character to use.
I agree.

I do think he has great zoning options though, especially when you can cancel some of those fireballs into that overhead leaping slash thing IIRC. Similar to Gamora.

JayEH

For whoever was asking what Jedah says during his air super I think it's "No need for the trappings of flesh".

i dont get why the room on the Spooky channel is filled with people and we're seeing the same 4 teams over and over. I'm sick of watching Nemesis/Gamora.

also: Day 1 team is Hulk/Rocket/Reality.

Wallach

i dont get why the room on the Spooky channel is filled with people and we're seeing the same 4 teams over and over. I'm sick of watching Nemesis/Gamora.

Nemesis / Gamora is the same player, haha.

It's day 1 so whatever people figured out and shared the fastest is what you're gonna see the most of. They're still playing for a prize pool.

Dahbomb

We are seeing the same 4 teams because it's the same 4 players left LOL! It's pretty deep into the bracket.

There were just a couple of Rockets like last two games.

patchday

man lost my first 3 online matches with Gamora + Chun Li. Was starting to think I'll never win. Finally went with the duo I originally been labbing with (Capt Marvel + megaman X) and won immediately.

And EVERYONE is running Dante. Like everyone

Dahbomb

man lost my first 3 online matches with Gamora + Chun Li. Was starting to think I'll never win. Finally went with the duo I originally been labbing with (Capt Marvel + megaman X) and won immediately.

And EVERYONE is running Dante. Like everyone

Even when Dante was non optimum on a team, people still played him in Marvel 3.

There was an online statistic and Deadpool and Dante were the top 2 most popular characters in Marvel 3. Later on in the game's life cycle it was Dr Doom and Dante on top 2.

Everyone just likes Dante. Even if they suck with him, they just want to swag out.

Jawmuncher

You know what was odd about the story mode? Groovt isn’t in any of it and Rocket and Gamora don’t even act like they’re in a group. Not to mention the way they talk makes it sound like Drax and Star Lord don’t even exist. It’s been 90 days since the convergence like you can’t say something about what they’re up to? I’d have even taken a lazy “we lost comms with them”

Dahbomb

I'd quite like to sleep on Morrigan.
lip_licker.gif

patchday

Yo, SonicFox.

this kid should be a millionaire I just saw him sweep IJ2 and looks like he gonna rule here too if he keeps playing?

Even when Dante was non optimum on a team, people still played him in Marvel 3.

There was an online statistic and Deadpool and Dante were the top 2 most popular characters in Marvel 3. Later on in the game's life cycle it was Dr Doom and Dante on top 2.

Everyone just likes Dante. Even if they suck with him, they just want to swag out.

Its the EYE CANCEEERRRRR.

So thats whats going on. Yeah I was like is this the same guy? Nope. just tons of Dantes. Will hop back online in a bit and see if I fight more armies of Dante. I'm gonna have to learn Dante just to be better at this matchup

Really, no love for Ryu's amazing line?

"I was part of a research mission, studying anomalies resulting from the convergence of our two universes."

Ryu. A guy who dedicated his life to martial arts and, if I remember correctly, isn't entirely literate.

This game is amazing.

Its possible that Ryu does actually possess some hidden talents for research

Its possible the team sent him out to check specific places and report what he saw. I mean, Banner was with him so if Ryu said "This place has X things" then Banner could interpret what he saw scientifically.

Or it could be that Ryu wasn't actually the one investigating the anomalies but was brought in to keep the Hulk in check since he has experience with calming inner demons/rage. There were other scientists besides Banner and if he Hulked out he could put them and the investigation mission in danger.

Beat the story mode. Like other's have said it's just ok. Definitely not anywhere close to Injustice 2 story wise (even with that games story flaws). Gotta say I think it was a mistake to have the game set after the convergence. Like a BIG mistake. Make it feel like we missed a game. There'd have been so much more potential with the first half of the game being Marvel and Capcom character's fighting each other not knowing what's going on and then working together to beat Ultron Sigma. But when the story is only 2 hours long compared to Injustice 2's 4 hour campaign. I can see where the problem lies.

Regardless hopefully next time capcom makes a fighting game story they can knock it out of the park. SFV and MVC:I showed they have the basics down. They just need to elevate past that.

I'd love to see a prequel story/comic made. Seems like a lot of dark stuff could have happened in the 88 days before the game started if you take the actions and dialogue between characters a certain way.

Not great, but not impossible. Ryce mentioned that F4 characters were ”a done deal" for DLC, but the F4 characters have recently been removed from Marvel Heroes (sans Doom, who's too integrated into the game).

Read the linked post concerning the Fox ban in the OP for more info.

I really don't see why "he's important in the story" means he'd still be playable. They could keep him in the story, but they could also remove the ability to purchase him like the others. (I believe he's only been playable since 2015) I think Doom might have a higher shot than people think.

Finally got the game last nite, finished the story mode in one sitting.

Im sure this possibly has already been reported, but if you set the Language to Latin American Spanish, Dark Kingdom - Heart of Chaos is incorrectly labeled "Quinjet - Fuselage", so im assuming that's gonna be an upcoming stage.

Well that would make some sense to release with Bucky and Nat.

X_KIRA
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Hidden Slots DLC (Datamining)
12 DLC SLOTS for SEASON "2017"

watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY1DlVHuffI

https://twitter.com/Mikami_XKira/status/910544204081827841

Perhaps 4 returning Capcom characters and 2 returning Marvel characters?

Its weird how X-Kira posted an image of Slam Masters Widow on Facebook even after Capcom Brazil clarified. I don't even know....

Hopefully they'll get around to getting Ant-Man, or Wasp, in if they ever fix whatever the problem was that caused them to cut Ant-Man.

That reminds me...

Where is that scan from? I've tried to find the book its in and haven't been able to find it.

Give him a projectile absorb like Charlie Nash's vskill in SFV.

And in the case of Cap's shield, he catches it and throws it back but the timing is tight.

I'm super curious as to how Winter Soldier is going to play.

Apparently comic Winter Soldier can use his arm without it being connected to his body. Not sure how that would work.

It also can electrocute his enemies....I think something like Benimaru's electrical shocking grab might work for Bucky.

But he's mainly about guns and knives, specifically sniper rifles, pistols and various grenades

Maybe they could do something antitag related with his magnetized mine where it explodes if you tag out or something? Maybe it homes or is a sticky mine?

Top Bottom