• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

mas8705

Monster Hunter is in a weird place in the character select screen. Maybe the DLC characters will come with an update to it?

Just gotten beaten by a few minutes to say this.

How weird is it that while Sigma and BP are the supposed first DLC characters we're going to see, why is it that we are seeing MH in playable form first? That would be like if Nintendo showed off Mewtwo as DLC for Smash, but we saw Lucas playable first.

Anth0ny

damn monster hunter looks cool

i hope japan buys 2 million copies of the game now

they should release it in japan as MONSTER HUNTER BATTLE VER XCROSSX: marvel vs capcom

giphy.gif

Going full UNGA

Dahbomb

I need to see more special moves but this character looks like bottom 5 tier right now. Especially if she has the same armor as the other armor in the game (only works against lights not heavies) but even if it armors everything I can't imagine Marvel players getting hit by that too often.

I wish the person playing her showed some stuff like a decent combo and a setup or something. He ended up just trying to hail mary super and doing the greatsword slash into sideswipe which can loop into itself like the game.

I think Panther and Monster Hunter will be the first DLC pack. Just makes sense

You know, until they show Bucky Saturday for that exhibition.

....Did they say Loki? People in chat were talking about it

Dahbomb

Her air normals are good though. Decent speed for how much range they have.

Might be a Ghost Rider type character where she is kinda nice as a support.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also, what the heck, why are we seeing MonHun gameplay before the BP and Sigma? Don't those come out first?

WHAT IS THE MARKETING FOR THIS GAME
Seriously.

Also, from what little I saw, seemed like they weren't great at showing off MH's capabilities. Canceling those big lumbering swings into those quick circular slashes seemed kind of dope and tells me that she has quicker moves too but they're just not being shown.

Dartastic

THIS GAME IS SO FUN. AND I KINDA LOVE THIS LAME STORY THAT I JUST BEAT. HAHAHAHA

[IS THANOS ABOUT TO SHINKU HADOKEN DEATH LOL YESSSSS/spoiler]

DR2K

Banned
Wasn't MH supposed to be in the base game with Venom? Maybe they'll be the first DLC characters released.

Dahbomb

I am a big sucker for giant sword characters.

Played Siegfried/Nightmare in Soul Calibur.

Always play Greatsword characters in Soulborne games. And you guys already know I fashion my character around Gutts.

That type of game play mechanic in a Marvel game? Nah man... can you even cancel her sword attacks on whiff though? Might be a Vergil type thing only Vergil doesn't have nearly as much lag on his moves.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MH looks.. done, PC data miners need to get on seeing if complete characters are on disc. I'm guessing no, but just wondering.

VariantX

Can we give Capcom credit for giving MH sensible armor and not making her another booby lady

MH armor has mostly been sensible because the appeal is likely the armor itself. You're literally wearing the trophies of your successful hunts around with the human form as the canvas.

CazTGG

...Wait, there's only a handful of female characters and none of them are Kamala Khan?

What is anything that Capcom's been doing as of late?

Top Bottom