• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

patchday

Don't give up or get discouraged man. I've been playing solely in training mode so I'm probably going to get wrecked and I can't do some of this crazy shit you see myself so far haha. I've been playing fighting games for 15+ years and it took me until about a few years back before I could actually hold my own against most people. I get discouraged when I get beaten a lot but then I just try to think of how to adapt and sometimes I do, sometimes I don't lol. If you wanna practice in online practice mode or play some sets and work on stuff I'm here man. The most important thing is having fun. People need to lose to improve, and when you improve and see those improvements yourself... Well that's where the real fun begins.

He's on PC. Yo sinkfla we should do some sets this weekend if you get a chance (I went with PS4 ver after all)

JusDoIt

well this night sure was completely disheartening. 3 days after the game's release, everyone is doing palm breaker loops, 100 hit combos with dante, fly/unfly ultron and dormammu combos, and im sitting here with magic series Hulk... my only wins were against people that must have just bought the game and apparently cant even DO a magic series, the rest I was just completely destroyed. And clearly my lab time is doing nothing for me so I dont know what to do, I really wanted to try with this one (hell I never even went in a training mode before in a fighting game), I thought the skill gap between ranks would be bigger and you would have some time facing people around your level, but im already fighting against what seem like LiJoe or Fchamp at rank 13.

This is all on me btw, dont take this as me bashing the game, far from it. But the truth is, right now I dont feel like playing anymore. I guess I'm one of those guys we joke about on streams that get blown up and we go "you just made that guy uninstall the game".

I really dont know why I keep buying fighting games tbh. At least I supported it I guess /shrug.

Sometimes you gotta hold them Ls. Sometimes you gotta let them go.

I suck too and haven't even renewed psn yet till I feel like I know what I'm doing lol. But I love marvel comics too not to buy this game.

sinkfla87

He's on PC. Yo sinkfla we should do some sets this weekend if you get a chance (I went with PS4 ver after all)

Oh damn, I need to pick up the PC port whenever I get a better gpu then lol. Yeah I'm down for that! I'm off all weekend and when I'm done getting pissed off at the destiny raid I'll be ready haha.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
gonna try gamora tomorow and spam those pistol shots and pretend I know what to play...

...I bet thats what all those gamora players are doing anyway >_>

Xevren

Oh damn, I need to pick up the PC port whenever I get a better gpu then lol. Yeah I'm down for that! I'm off all weekend and when I'm done getting pissed off at the destiny raid I'll be ready haha.

We should play too! I haven't even played against a human yet.

JayEH

this scr is scrub city lol

I think I could make Top 32.

RockmanBN

Getting demolished on beginners. Already have done the story and a bunch of arcade runs. In the end I forget what I'm doing spamming the wrong moves or forget what I'm doing mid combo.

Hey man check your private messages. I think we may be in the same area if you want to play local.

NEO0MJ

Playing Firebrand is so much stranger than I expected. I keep messing up which air dash I'm using mid combos. Worst is when I activate his slow fly.

Nah it's a sequel tease like everything else has in-case-of. Don't read too much into it.

Yep. It's not a Marvel story these days if they don't add a Thanos tease at the end which leads no where.

NEO0MJ

Space seems kind of wack from what I'm seeing in these matches, the player using it gets whomped by the player stuck in the box.

Right now it feels really niche and is more like a counterpick gem than anything you use in a regular team. Both the surge and the storm don\t help in certain matchups.

Linari

Neo Member
It seems wack cause players using don't have setups with it. Space is going to require air tight setups to prevent the other character from playing.

patchday

I'd be down for that! I haven't played other people yet either haha. I'll start a
GAF lobby tomorrow or whenever is good for everyone!

Excellent! I see CrackedPebble playing too. Meant to join up with him last night but it was late by the time I noticed him on. I think my schedule is pretty clear after tomorrow 4pm CDT or in the morning before 12am CDT. I'm still pretty flexible however

I've handed out like 20 free wins today because I suck so much. Is there a Giefs Gym for MVC or am I just gonna have to sit in missions?

I feel ya I dont know how much I lost last night but it was a lot. Recorded this one victory I got though cause it felt so epic. I just keep using space stone on this guy to suck him in cloose. Then used a stone prison to lock him down somemore. I'm sure that guy must've hated life during that match and he probably thought I was a vet

Help the fgc scrub how do I clear the infinite storm soul stone tutorial? How is x supposed to do a x buster lp (lvl 1) into a fully charged shot?

Why do capcom tutorials suck?

Durden77

Man people are insane to say this game isn't as good for casuals. The auto combo is so much better than anything UMvCe ever did. I am having an absolute blaste with me buds.

And like I said, yes one you get into it, the hardcore will reign supreme, but the casual plain doesn't normally want to move past something like the auto combo anyway. Shit's so much better for bringing in players than UMvC3.

patchday

Help the fgc scrub how do I clear the infinite storm soul stone tutorial? How is x supposed to do a x buster lp (lvl 1) into a fully charged shot?

Why do capcom tutorials suck?

That might be the one tut I skipped after a few tries because it felt bugged. It doesn't let you 'reset' it easily if you mess up. You have to wait til yer armor wears off.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
YO WHAT RICHARD NGUYEN IS BACK AND HE'S DOING SICK SHIT?

lol caps weren't even intentional but appropriate

Top Bottom