• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Blackhead

Redarse
Just finished the first episode.

Wat, the Punisher would never shoot Daredevil

The Punisher wouldn't open fire in a crowded hospital too, if you ask me.

Yeah, kinda sunk any ability for the audience to empathize with him when he's blasting at Karen and a bunch of civvies from the outset.

I thought the same thing when I saw that. Well, this is this particular version of the character but it certainly doesn't jive with anything I've read in the comics.

He's not the Punisher yet just like Murdock wasn't DareDevil yet at the start of Season 1. But you'll get the explanations and empathy before the end of the season...

Episode 8 & 9 :O
like the return of S1 characters and the explanation of the Hand

He's not the Punisher yet just like Murdock wasn't DareDevil yet at the start of Season 1. But you'll get the explanations and empathy before the end of the season...

Who is this oddly capitalized "DareDevil" character? Is he like an alternate Earth version of Matt Murdock?

Pachimari

Netflix recently stated they're doubling their original content this year, and one would guess they'll continue broadening it beyond that.

Why would you assume the amount of Marvel content they'll produce would remain capped where it started at?
Marvel themselves have said they can't see themselves upping it to more than two shows a year.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Amazing how they managed to keept this a secret

mreddie

Finished Season 2, on par with S1

Punisher is GOAT and Elektra is enjoyable albeit bratty, Foggy and Page got a bit too annoying for me
and then Foggy takes a break

Spoilers:

Everything grinds to a halt once Frank is arrested and the Trial arc just drags to me, of course things pick up once Kingpin comes back, love his plan about him slowly building everything back up, kinda cool that Nobu and Gao come back with the former being the main villain in the last 4 episodes. Horgath cameo was obivous and other than Claire mention Luke, the connections are much looser since it's likely set just after JJ and DD S1.

Another than that, solid season, some problems but overall, solid sophomore season for Murrdock.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Daredevil's costume has grown on me, too. The mask still isn't totally right, but up close in his talking/interrogating scenes it does look good and intimidating. I think it helps that he's showing more expression when in the mask than he did in Season 1.
I think the main thing is that they're not showing the suit head-on in good light. The black accents and over-detailed lines are what made it look silly, but you can't really focus on any of that with the way they're lighting and shooting the scenes (I've seen thus far) with it in S2.

It looks great as a dark reddish silhouette.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Marvel themselves have said they can't see themselves upping it to more than two shows a year.
Marvel also couldn't see themselves making blockbuster-grade Guardians of the Galaxy and Black Panther movies, once upon a time. Tings change. :)

No the hell it wasn't. This place is ridiculous with the Jessica Jones hate.

No shit! I thought it was much better than S1 of DD. I say that recognizing it had it's problems and dragged on a bit in some episodes. Overall though the dialogue and interaction between characters was miles ahead of DD and far more believable because of it. I'm more excited for S2 of JJ than almost any other Marvel show. I worry that without Tennant there will be a bit of a slump though.

On topic. Holy Hell at that Ep3 spoiler
Hallway fight. God it's stuff like that, that makes this show so much fun. Now if we can just get that kind of choreography in Iron Fist and Luke Cage we'll be set!

Only just started Ep4 but I really hope DD gets a chain/whip in his sticks like the comic books. His use of the chain in Ep3 was on point

cereal_killerxx

Just finished episode 1. The hype is real people. The hype is real.

That Daredevil/Punisher fight though. Karen was badass to run the witness out of that hospital. I thought for sure that guy was a goner. Foggy has balls walking into a biker joint to get some more information.

This is a great start. I worried about the quality with new showrunners. Not anymore.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Netflix recently stated they're doubling their original content this year, and one would guess they'll continue broadening it beyond that.

Why would you assume the amount of Marvel content they'll produce would remain capped where it started at?

Because they've shown no sign of doing otherwise, aside from the statement you mention. But all of these shows, as well as Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter, are being produced by the Marvel television unit at ABC Studios, so perhaps they don't have the personnel bandwidth to do more than two Netflix shows per year. I would have thought they'd expanded to three shows for 2016 considering how well 2015 went and how much they plan to air, but that doesn't look likely. Netflix's statement may apply to original content made by non-Marvel TV producers if Marvel TV is fully loaded.

Namikaze1

Ep3

Everything about this episode was so damn good. The scenes with Frank and Matt on the rooftop were my favorite of the episode. That hallway fight though. So fucking good.

LeonSPBR

Each Episode is 42 mins on an average, that's 546 Minutes. or approx 9hrs 6 mins. +- 20 variance. Provided he watched every episode without a break

42 min is TV time, Daredevil is like 50 min average, there is one episode that is one hour long!

Ithil

They don't have any 42 minute restrictions, they can be as long as the episode needs to be. A much better way to be, for sure.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Diving into Episode 2 now. I'm in love with this season already.

Rogan

Banned
Episode 2 now, started watching right after work.

Love it! This is goint to be cray.

I just hope they put some of the characters in Civil War, just a small part or someone talking about Hell's Kitchen.

People give Karen and/or Foggy shit but man I love em. I'd watch a spin-off with them... Would beat Most Wanted or whatever the hell they're doing.

Sou Da

I thought the same thing when I saw that. Well, this is this particular version of the character but it certainly doesn't jive with anything I've read in the comics.
He pulls this shit all the time, he's overconfident and zealous as hell.

Top Bottom