• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Kalentan

From Episode 5:

I like the: "Stark Tower ruined in attack", I think it said. I love those little references. I think that one is new? I want to say it was Avengers 1 but it could be reference to AoU. Since it was attacked in both. Oh wait, it would have said Avengers tower if it was AoU. Is this still pre-AoU?

Also:

Jessica Jones reference! :D

Playsage

I'm one episode from finishing it.
Episode 12 (heavy spoilers)
This episode almost ruined the season for me... It's bad. Really bad. It features two of the laziest and stupid plot twist I ever saw: The Colonel is revealed to be Blacksmith and the whole "Elektra is Black Sky" scene is fuckin' laughable

Overall, I'm on episode 10 but the writers have done a good job so far in making the whole season so far enthralling and have learned from the criticisms of JJ and Season 1 where most found the show dragged a bit. Not in this season I can assure you.

Luke_Wal

Okay, so I just finished Episode 4:

What happened to Karen and Foggy? From what I remembered, they kind of had a thing going on in Season 1, what with Mrs. Cardenas making them dinner and stuff. Did something happen at the end of the season where they decided not to be together, or that Karen didn't like him or something? It seems like Foggy still has feelings for her, but I definitely feel like I'm missing something here.

Dai101

Banned
Okay, so I just finished Episode 4:

What happened to Karen and Foggy? From what I remembered, they kind of had a thing going on in Season 1, what with Mrs. Cardenas making them dinner and stuff. Did something happen at the end of the season where they decided not to be together, or that Karen didn't like him or something? It seems like Foggy still has feelings for her, but I definitely feel like I'm missing something here.

They never had anything. Aside from a close friendship that is.

Karen also was thirsty for Matt since then.

Midway trhu Ep.9

Shit is going to hell
, poor bastards, never had a chance.

I love the Daredevil opening, but it annoys me to no end that the cuts don't line up to any of the music cues. I'd like to personally berate the person who edited that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just woke up, had a shower, made some food so gonna watch some more before going to work. Some thoughts on the first 4 episdoes, small spoilers but still dont click if you havent watched those first 4 I guess:

Bernthal IS Punisher. Its ridiculous how Marvel keeps hitting it with these castings, or maybe its just they are very serious about the actors learning their roles I dont know

I would be shocked if the rumoured Punisher spin off doesnt happen after this performance.

They did the scene (
the DD in chains forced to choose to kill Frank or let him kill someone
) down to the fucking dialogue, I couldnt believe it

Stairway Fight
>
Hallway Fight

yo that
graveyard
scene o_O
Damn Frank
;_;

I love how The Punisher is said a million times. I love how much Matt is in costume (no "lets take the mask off because we need to see the actor" bullshit either).

My god its violent. Much more so than season 1, I mean season 1 had the car door thing for example, but the camera panned to Kingpin while it happened. Here, you actually see
Frank shoot a guy in the temple point blank, and then seconds later shotgun blast a guy in the fucking FACE

First 4 episodes were a great
Punisher mini arc
, and now we
move on to Elektra
, and then I assume theres a t
hird act with Frank busting out and all 3 teaming up to fight the hand
. One of JJ's biggest problem was the whole season focused on Kilgrave (with a little Nuke sprinkled in the middle) and this is already not having that problem

tci

Just watched Ep. 3..
Holy shit at that hallway/star way fight scene. I was smiling the entire fight. Just so good!

From Episode 5:

I like the: "Stark Tower ruined in attack", I think it said. I love those little references. I think that one is new? I want to say it was Avengers 1 but it could be reference to AoU. Since it was attacked in both. Oh wait, it would have said Avengers tower if it was AoU. Is this still pre-AoU?

Also:

Jessica Jones reference! :D
I think it's post-AoU, especially with the anti-vigilante talk, that seems to fit in within the MCU's current theme. They're probably just still referencing it as the Stark Tower, considering it would be rather ridiculous to point out the ruin of a single building in an attack that laid waste to a pretty significant part of the city.

JTripper

Ep 4:
That Emmy moment in the cemetery. The scene also ended pretty much in a Dark Knight-like manner and I loved it. Also, the ending of this episode was so calculated but I was anticipating it more than just waiting for it to be over since I knew how it would end. These last 2 episodes have been great.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Up to the end of ep 3 spoilers:

The hallway part two fight was awesome thankfully, and brought my hype levels back up after what I thought were pretty lame episodes preceding it.

The fight in the rain while cops were shooting at them in episode was so bad, and they chickened out on the rooftop scene.

Frank let's him shoot the chains off, and run at him 10-15 feet away before getting his shot off?

I don't mind the Foggy and Karen stuff so far.

Man... (9 and 10 spoilers)

When that ninja was launching Matt with so strikes I knew exactly what that was. Hi Nobu! Missed that awesome ass ninja.

And...

Frank learned the same lesson Matt did. Don't fight Kingpin after a big fight. And don't fight him without a gameplan. He'll fuck your shit up.

Finalow

I'll simulate the regular tv show experience and wait one week between each episode.

that's what I'm going to do.

I think

Pachimari

I already thought Season 1 were the best the MCU had to offer but this season has taken it to a whole other level and have had no big drags so far, which were a huge problem in Jessica Jones.

Man...

When that ninja was launching Matt with so strikes I knew exactly what that was. Hi Nobu! Missed that awesome ass ninja.

And...

Frank learned the same lesson Matt did. Don't fight Kingpin after a big fight. And don't fight him without a gameplan. He'll fuck your shit up.
I'd specify the episode when posting spoilers, even if tagged ;)

Dai101

Banned
EP. 10

HOLY FUCK!

I can't say i didn't anticipated that but still damn. No Civil War for you Reayes.

Huh, turns out she was indeed the glory hound

Dai101

Banned
Hows everyone liking Jon Bernthal as Punisher. I just finished the first episode of S2.

kK0Xp3x.gif

Dave_6

Couldn't help it and watched the first half of the first episode on my lunch break. The impressions in this thread are too much so I'm waiting till tonight to watch the rest as my friend wants to watch the first 3 or 4 episodes. I'm hyped!

Ithil

Just finished Episode 2, and I'm so glad they're just straight up calling him the Punisher. I hate when they avoid saying the comic book names. Same with Daredevil actually being Daredevil now.

Punisher is a beast, by the way, though I agree that the scene in the pawnshop was a little contrived/unlikely. Looking forward to him actually having some dialogue soon.

Bernthal's absolutely owning it so far. It will be downright criminal if he doesn't get his own solo series. Yung is also really good - she really nails the double life of the high-class businesswoman/psychotic, thrill-seeking ex-girlfriend.

So far, it's been really sharp.

Walpurgis

Banned
Overall, I'm on episode 10 but the writers have done a good job so far in making the whole season so far enthralling and have learned from the criticisms of JJ and Season 1 where most found the show dragged a bit. Not in this season I can assure you.
Yes! I loved Daredevil season 1 and loved Jessica Jones but this was my only gripe. When shit goes down in these shows, it goes down but there are long stretches of not much excitement that bring these shows down a bit. Having multiple villains is likely what helped this season of Daredevil but I haven't started yet. Your comments have me very hyped though. I was a little worried with the Metacritic score but those guys have a bad track record with Netflix series, imo.
I'll simulate the regular tv show experience and wait one week between each episode.

that's what I'm going to do.

I think

No you won't.

Anymore general impressions? Compared to the other series?

Top Bottom