• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Dai101

Banned
Fucking loved episode 5. Elektra's actress is amazing and definitely deserves more credit. Whoever's in charge of casting deserves a medal.

Loved all the
Matt/Elektra flashbacks. She'd make anyone turn bad. God damn.

Indeed she is. She is like a drug, something that you got hooked up and can't shake it. She is like the ultimate manic pixie dream girl ........ FROM HELL

Saw the first 2 episodes. Punisher is LIT!!!

One thing that really annoyed me that I saw though is the bullshit storm trooper aiming. Like it's Arrow. Never have this garbage again, where trained shooters are the worst shooters on the planet to add tension. That was garbage and whoever suggested needs to be fired. Everything else was fantastic.

Finished,
I presume by that ending we're getting a season 3 or is Elektra gonna become a villain when the Defenders starts?

Playsage

To me, the season got better at Episode 5 and onward and got even better from Episode 8 and onward. I'm worried about the talk about the show "falling off" or becoming ridiculous by Episode 11/12 - those who have that impression, are you guys also familiar with the source material? Or does the complaints not have anything to do with that?

I'm not familiar with the comics, but once you get to Ep.12 you'll get what people are complaining about when they talk about the writing. I already made some spoilers about something on episode 12
plot twists/reveals

ElTopo

Banned
Is this the spoiler thread? Not going to spoil just in case but I'm two episodes in and this is so. Fucking. Good. Jon Bernthal is perfectly cast. The best Punisher by far. I really like where this is going and am just taking a short break to eat.

Bring on the Punisher spinoff!

Dai101

Banned
Is this the spoiler thread? Not going to spoil just in case but I'm two episode and this is so. Fucking. Good. Jon Bernthal is perfectly cast. The best Punisher by far. I really like where this is going and am just taking a short break to eat.

Bring on the Punisher spinoff!

Usually the spoiler thread is marked like that SPOILER THREAD

The Kree

Banned
Elektra's depiction here is all wrong. They gave all the good writing to Punisher and Daredevil. Even Foggy is better written.

jackdoe

Just finished episode 4.
The costume upgrade makes the suit look great. It's just unfortunate that they did the same thing Nolan did in The Dark Knight and made a story reason why the hero would upgrade his suit into something that doesn't look janky as hell. Because of that, we were subjected to three episodes of awkward moving Daredevil with flabby neck syndrome.

Dai101

Banned
Elektra's depiction here is all wrong. They gave all the good writing to Punisher and Daredevil. Even Foggy is better written.

having never reading her in the comics i've no reference for her. I'm having a blast how she's portrayed here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

shes always been psycho, and you know...a cold blooded assassin

Just finished the season. Wow... Loved Elektra and Punisher, plus Cox is really growing into the Daredevil role.

Not doing a whole review of the season just yet. Btw, I like how Netflix
basically gives the final episode a post-credits sequence by tagging the Luke Cage trailer at the end.

Speaking of which, as much as I liked Jessica Jones, I'll honestly take a third season of Daredevil alongside Iron Fist over a second season of JJ any day.

Stoze

Can't say how well she's depicted canonically as I don't read the comics, but I think she's fairly well written, well acted, and an entertaining character. So basically all the things Foggy and Karen aren't.

Just starting Ep 7 btw, really enjoying it so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is this the first time
Roxxon
is mentioned in the MCU?

Just saw episode 3

WOW!! Fucking amazing. Man it was golden. The part in the comics that you have to kill him to stop him, badass fight. Their conversation beforehand. Perfection!

Also Punisher in 3 episodes already the best character in Daredevil's show lol

Azzinoth

Neo Member
Finished Episode 4 and
Yeah...I'm not rooting for Karen getting with Matt. I'm guessing Elektra is not gonna be his Lois Lane or anything so I can't hope for that to destroy the Karen ship.

I don't see anything interesting to be had with her and Matt being a couple. This is a shadow lurking on my mind in how I will see S2. I'm afraid it might get outta hand and weigh the show down.

Karen was fine for me for the first three S2 episodes and most of fourth one. But I am against her being a romantic interest. She works much better as a supporting character used in a limited way, like with Foggy.

Sadist

First three episodes seen, shit was amazing. Especially the third episode is fantastic.

- Jon Berntal is an amazing Punisher.
- Matt being cool
- Karen is still awesome
- Foggy stepping up his game!
- The fightscene during episode 3 is great. Dat camerawork

Btw, did I just hear a Spider-Man reference in episode 3?

One of the cops yells "Hey Stacey, do me a favor!" Like Captain Stacey?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
(General post-watch thoughts, no specific plot points or spoilers. Just general thoughts on some characters) Elektra was
the highlight. Didn't expect that. Never been a fan of her shows or whatever. Great casting. Great performance. Some of her stuff should have been so corny, but in the end it was the best stuff. She and Matt were warm, and convincing.
Great casting.

The Kree

Banned
12:
Clancy Brown
popping back up so late in the show tells me this is about to get really dumb really fast. I hope I'm not telegraphing some kind of stupidity.

Top Bottom