• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Anymore general impressions? Compared to the other series?

Right now, it's leagues better than JJ. Bernthal is like a force of nature, the plots are really good (lots of continuity nods and seamless follow-up to threads from the previous season) and the acting is uniformly on point as always.

Fury451

Banned
The casting of punisher is the best casting of anyone ever.

On point casting for sure.

I'm way more impressed with Charlie Cox this season too.

I thought he was a serviceable Murdock with some great moments last season, but I find him to be blending into the role more fluidly now.

Episode 1 was kinda lame, quality seems down from last season.

Hope it picks up.

Not going to lie, it does still feel "cheap" at times, and personally I find the lighting to be rather flat in a couple scenes, first episode especially. The quality gets better faster this season IMO.

hupla

ahahaha im laughing really hard at how much of a scumbag they made the pawnshop guy in episode 2 like it was fucking comical

GeeTeeCee

Just watchex episode 1, which already feels like a strong return. The suit doesn't bother me as much as it did at the end of last season for some reason. Hell's Kitchen still looks great (by which I mean terrible) - why can't fellow Marvel shows Agents of B.L.A.N.D or Agent Blander look even remotely as good aesthetically as this show? Visually it's on par with the likes of Hannibal or True Detective S1 IMO.

Dai101

Banned
ahahaha im laughing really hard at how much of a scumbag they made the pawnshop guy in episode 2 like it was fucking comical

Only thing missing was "how about some snuff films i just made?"

EP. 10

Karen, you're a fucking magnet for disgrace aren't you?

Episode 6

not enjoying the Elektra arc at all. In fact it's making me dislike the series. It's so drawn out and boring. Can't stand her acting either.

The Punisher however is keeping me going.

Dai101

Banned
^^ LOL Elektra
Boing? Are we watching the same series?

Also just started Ep. 11
and shit is fliying already

Pachimari

I feel like the casting of Elodie Yung as Elektra Nachos is slightly overlooked. She does a phenomenal job with the character, and you feel her presence every time she's on screen. Both Shane and Elodie were great castings, and I hope Elektra is back for S3, and that Punisher gets his own series.

I feel like the casting of Elodie Yung as Elektra Nachos is slightly overlooked. She does a phenomenal job with the character, and you feel her presence every time she's on screen. Both Shane and Elodie were great castings, and I hope Elektra is back for S3, and that Punisher gets his own series.

Shane...lol his performance don't remind me of Shane at all, which really shows you how good he is with the role.

Marvel erased the Affleck stink for Daredevil and is erasing the Gardner stink for Elektra. I would be okay with Elektra getting her own series (even if just a season or two) and Punisher OBVIOUSLY needs his own series.

Loxley

Seven episodes in and I'm convinced Foggy only exists this season to make sad, pouty faces at Matt and yell a lot.

JTripper

Ep 5:
That Matt/Elektra dynamic

wolf-of-wall-street-trailer-2.jpg

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Just finished Ep 6

Jon Bernthal is just absolutely killing it. That scene in the hospital when they are talking about his kids toys had me choked the fuck up. The Punisher is easily my favortie part about season 2 so far. Im kinda iffy on Elektra so far. Some good, some bad but nothing that brings the show down. It's been great so far overall.

Just finished Ep 6

Jon Bernthal is just absolutely killing it. That scene in the hospital when they are talking about his kids toys had me choked the fuck up. The Punisher is easily my favortie part about season 2 so far. Im kinda iffy on Elektra so far. Some good, some bad but nothing that brings the show down. It's been great so far overall.

This x100. I just want more of Punisher. Totally killing it.

Episode 2 down, still feels cheap. The action lacks the coherence that made made the first season such a stand out, the cinematography is kinda just there, the dialogue from any non principal actor is straight up video game bad.

I'm super disappointed in this.

Episode 2 down, still feels cheap. The action lacks the coherence that made made the first season such a stand out, the cinematography is kinda just there, the dialogue from any non principal actor is straight up video game bad.

I mean it's like you're making this up

Like I have no idea what you mean

Ithil

Dude you started watching the Daredevil movie by accident.
Wake up inside and get back to watching the show.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
5 and 6 down, gonna stop here, gotta go to work soon

its going to be hard to resist watching at work, but I want to watch on my big tv, not on my phone. might have to rewatch from the start at work tho lol

JTripper

I don't really know what you mean by "cheap" in a critical sense, but the season seriously improves starting with Ep. 3, so it might redeem itself.

I mean I disagree with everything you said, so you might think differently of the show from this point forward, but I'm pretty confident in saying that the first two episodes are easily the weakest so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

lol, everyone is entiteled to their opinions, but I sware some people just make shit up to be trolls or seem contrary... its so edgy!

whatever, if you really feel this way, more power to you

I'm halfway through episode 12 and it's getting dumb.

I hope dumb means mystical ninja bullshit because I want my mystical ninja bullshit

Pachimari

Shane...lol his performance don't remind me of Shane at all, which really shows you how good he is with the role.

Marvel erased the Affleck stink for Daredevil and is erasing the Gardner stink for Elektra. I would be okay with Elektra getting her own series (even if just a season or two) and Punisher OBVIOUSLY needs his own series.

I don't know what the actors' name is, I just quickly assumed it was Shane, but take it that is his character's name in The Walking Dead. I have never seen him in anything than in this season's Daredevil.

Gonna save Episode 10, 11, 12 and 13 for tomorrow.

JTripper

Up to Ep. 6, but this is a general question for those who've watched up to this point:
How do you guys like that this season seems way less plot-focused and way more character-focused in it's structure? I have to admit, it's a little jarring considering how well structured S1 was with one villain for 13 episodes, but I really appreciate how different this season feels in comparison. I feel like Foggy and Karen are MUCH better characters as a result and it's refreshing to see characters like Punisher and Elektra who aren't you typical clear-cut villains. I for one think Elektra's performance is pretty great. Frank is great but I don't see nearly as much praise for Elektra. I love the way the actress play her, verbally and physically.

Pachimari

Frank is great but I don't see nearly as much praise for Elektra. I love the way the actress play her, verbally and physically.

This is what I'm talking about right here. An immense and utterly fantastic performance by Elodie Yung, both verbally and physically yes.

Rhaknar

Episodes 1-6 spoilers

scrolled back a few pages and saw lots of complaints that Punisher wouldnt
shoot Daredevil or at Karen...

...and then the show explains both
DD (the suit builder flat out says he could have killed him if he wanted) and Frank himself told Karen she was never in any danger

Its almost like people should watch every episode before jumping to conclusions or something ^_^

Episode 6 but in terms of Elektra
hate her thus far. Grinning and practically getting off whilst Matt has an emotional breakdown beating down his dad's murderer. Bitch.

Pachimari

To me, the season got better at Episode 5 and onward and got even better from Episode 8 and onward. I'm worried about the talk about the show "falling off" or becoming ridiculous by Episode 11/12 - those who have that impression, are you guys also familiar with the source material? Or does the complaints not have anything to do with that?

d00d3n

I was completely in the dark about the sick character introductions in the first couple of episodes. It was so so pleasurable to see Daredevil
meet up with the Punisher
. Casting for the role is utter perfection.

weshes195

God dangit, I freaking got confused and went into the spoiler thread.

I accidentally read a spoiler :(

I need to learn to read better lol

Fucking loved episode 5. Elektra's actress is amazing and definitely deserves more credit. Whoever's in charge of casting deserves a medal.

Loved all the
Matt/Elektra flashbacks. She'd make anyone turn bad. God damn.

Top Bottom