• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Just finished episode 3 and
I fucking hated what they did to the rooftop scene. Shooting the chain instead of at Frank? What a fucking cop-out. Left me with no desire to keep watching tonight. Shit's weak.

Edit to add that I can't stand Foggy or the sound of his voice and I hope he dies soon and Karen leaves to work for Tony Stark as a receptionist.

Gawd dayum I say! GAWD DAYUM! I've only watched the first episode of season 2 and I feel like I'm finally getting the Punisher I've wanted to see since I was a kid.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Episode 7: Ah yes the old
comparing scars bit
:p

hupla

Ep 4
oh my God lmao the end of this episode was so trite. OF COURSE when Matt finally wants to get things going with Karen his crazy ex shows up that night oh my god I was laughing so much when I realised that's where things where going

J_Viper

First episode was slow, but that ending...great stuff. Bernthal is the MVP, as expected, I'm hoping he's a major player in the season.

Also, I think I've finally become tolerant of Foggy and Karen. They're still the weak link, but I'm not as furiously annoyed by either of them anymore.

Part of me wants Jessica Jones to show up but on reflection she wouldn't want to get involved in this shit. Would probably sympathize with the Punisher

Hex

Banned
Matt Murdoch - Tedious hypocrite.
Yeah Matty, you don't get off on your nightly runs and beating up criminals

Ep 9

Sou Da

Ep 4
oh my God lmao the end of this episode was so trite. OF COURSE when Matt finally wants to get things going with Karen his crazy ex shows up that night oh my god I was laughing so much when I realised that's where things where going

It's not actually going there, she's more of a distraction from his lawyer duties. In addition to her other stuff.

Episode 1.

Yeah, it's slow, but so what?

It feels DEEP, unlike 90% of tv. I may be biased as a former owner of over 200 Daredevil comics...but this is the most true to life representation of a comic hero I've seen.

This is going to be good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Episode 7: That's right
Foggy
you tell him!

Rhaknar

I asked because
she says she's dealing with the aftermath of helping him out and there weren't nearly as many bodies left alive in JJ

She helped
JJ sneak him out of the hospital
, im pretty sure thats frowned upon for nurses :p

Just finished episode 3 and
I fucking hated what they did to the rooftop scene. Shooting the chain instead of at Frank? What a fucking cop-out. Left me with no desire to keep watching tonight. Shit's weak.

Edit to add that I can't stand Foggy or the sound of his voice and I hope he dies soon and Karen leaves to work for Tony Stark as a receptionist.
how is it a copout? Grotto still dies.

Gvitor

Episode 3

Holy fucking shit.

I didn't want him to shoot the chain because that's ridiculous and the scene would be way more impactful in the long run if Matt didn't shoot Frank, Frank had then shot the old guy, then knocked Matt unconscious, freed him from the chains and left him in the rooftop with the dead guy...

BUT THEN we got that ridiculously awesome scene afterwards that made it all worth it. Matt straight taking 20 guys out in a bigger version of the corridor scene from S1, lashing out on the lamps with the chain in one hand, and still having the barrelless gun in the other. The scene went on and on and on and I was flabbergasted throughout most of it. So good.

Rhaknar

Episode 8: we got
Ninjas

We got
Stick

Lets go

Edit: there's
ninjas on rooftops chasing after a car and shooting arrows and shit at it
, we full comic book now fam and I love it

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Episode 9 man!!! Holy fucking shit! I thought nothing would top the 4th episode.

That Punisher fight in the cell block, insane. I know stuff gets compared to The Raid a lot these days but man did that scene share a lot of similar brutality as those movies did. And then the reflection of him seeing the blood soaked shirt in the water, like he's seeing the skull symbol for the first time. Just amazing stuff

BEYOND impressed with this season.

Kalentan

There's an Agents of Shield reference I didn't notice till now:

There's a newspaper that says: "Cybertek Settles", which was involved in the Deathlok Program and also introduced in AoS.

I think it may have been in there from Season 1...

Dai101

Banned
Episode 8: we got
Ninjas

We got
Stick

Lets go

Edit: there's
ninjas on rooftops chasing after a car and shooting arrows and shit at it
, we full comic book now fam and I love it

Not just
Ninjas
but
magic undead ninjas

Pics_nao

She helped
JJ sneak him out of the hospital
, im pretty sure thats frowned upon for nurses :p
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Man I need to rewatch it.

Man, episode 3 was fantastic. Ending was amazing but
the back and forth between Matt and Frank
was so goddamn good.

Ithil

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Man I need to rewatch it.

Man, episode 3 was fantastic. Ending was amazing but
the back and forth between Matt and Frank
was so goddamn good.

Yes,
I was expecting the conflict (not just action wise, I mean character wise) between Daredevil and Punisher to be the highlight of the season, as it has been in comics past, and so far, as of Episode 3, they haven't disappointed. It feels immensely compelling to watch.

JTripper

Ep 7 ending:
That was a great use of cutting to credits. Pretty funny too.

General opinion up to Ep 7:
I think the dynamic between Daredevil and Elektra is great. Also, Foggy is really delivering this season. Fuck the Foggy/Karen haters!

Rhaknar

Scott Glenn is ripped for a fucking 75 year old

Edit: Episode 8

OH SHIT
WE GOING MYSTIC NOW, immortality / bringing back the dead talk

OH SHIT
THE CHASTE

Jarmel

Banned
I was just about to write about how bad I felt the cinematography is, especially compared to Jessica Jones, and how low quality most of action scenes were but episode 3 was extremely strong on that front.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Damn why can't all comic book shows be this good? The pacing is just so much better than season 1 and Jessica Jones. I got bored with those at times but I've yet to have that feeling here (up to episode 10 so I'm almost done). Love it.

Rhaknar

Man I would totally take Matt's apartment. Just buy some black out curtains and youre good!

Kin5290

The (Ep 2?)
rain of gunfire fight
was goddamn stupid, even if some of the water visuals looked good.

Ep 3 totally makes up for it, however.

Ep 9:
The entire fucking episode had me on the edge of my seat. There were some lulls and iffy decisions earlier in the season, but holy shit does this entire episode make up for it. The entire prison story is the fucking highlight of the season. Was bobbing and weaving with Punisher's fight sequences, both the hallway and the Kingpin fight, it got my adrenaline pumping so damn hard. Fuck. FUUUUUCK.

Ep 9:
The entire fucking episode had me on the edge of my seat. There were some lulls and iffy decisions earlier in the season, but holy shit does this entire episode make up for it. The entire prison story is the fucking highlight of the season.
Yes.
Punisher in prison and interacting with Fisk is some of my favorite stuff in the season

Top Bottom