• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention Episode 3's
usage of 'fuck', isn't that one of the MCU's unbreakable rules? I was so surprised I went back and turned on subtitles to make sure I heard it properly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Episode 8 spoilers DO NOT CLICK

OH SHIT
Kingpin in the house :D

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
usage of 'fuck', isn't that one of the MCU's unbreakable rules? I was so surprised I went back and turned on subtitles to make sure I heard it properly.
Wait what?

Sou Da

It happens a few times but it's uncensored only once.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Episode 9: DONT FUCKING CLICK IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED YET

did not see a
Kingpin rise to power in jail episode coming at all

Dai101

Banned

did not see a

Hehehe.
It's his whole M.O. no?

I was expecting only a small cameo or a coda for what happened to him after he got sent to jail but it really surprised me all the time they put on his arc

shingi70

Banned
I don't get this in episode 8.

Matt doesn't believe in the Black Sky and the Hand story, yet were in a universe where Aliens attacked, and a Norse God is an actual guy people know of.

Dai101

Banned
I don't get this in episode 8.

Matt doesn't believe in the Black Sky and the Hand story, yet were in a universe where Aliens attacked, and a Norse God is an actual guy people know of.

And yet he's still a devout catholic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tarydax

Banned
I think I liked the first season better. I never liked him too much to begin with, but it didn't take long for me to start
hating Matt, especially with his constant screw-ups and his hypocrisy, and he just wasn't a believable contrast to the Punisher. Not only did he kill people, he spent the last season torturing and maiming them as well; at least the Punisher was consistent. Bernthal was fantastic as the Punisher, but he couldn't make up for the Matt/Elektra/Hand subplots, which I thought ended up being really boring. Any scene that didn't have the Punisher in it or didn't concern the Punisher almost always bored the hell out of me, and the show seemed to drag on a lot longer than it should have.

Also,
Clancy Brown's character reveal seemed like it was just pulled out of nowhere. Unless I missed something, his motivations were never fully explained (at least not to the point where I understood them); sure, he wanted to make a ton of drug money, but he also implied that the shooting at the park was about Frank, not about a trade gone awry. Why did he want to kill Frank in the first place?

All in all I didn't dislike it, but it seemed too slow and lacked the entertaining side-characters and villains that the first season had.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

did not see a

It has been awesome, though I really need to remind myself at times that this is taking place in a comic book universe lol. The fact that every single prison guard, inmate and I guess the warden are completely corrupt and are on his payroll is a little hard to believe at times. Especially since his lawyer kept insinuating that he is nearly broke. Just a tiny gripe I have

Watched first 3 episodes. I said god damn. Need to finish Jessica Jones now, stopped on ep 10 because I hated all the characters. But damn, love me some Daredevil. Punisher straight up owning this show so far.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Episode 6 question

does punisher recognize Matt as Daredevil? He doesn't try to mask his voice at all...

I noticed that too.
I think he asked The Punisher if he minded if he called him Frank. If not mistaken I think he said the same thing on the rooftop when DD was chained up

Episode 10:
Kingpin is such a great villain. That scene between he & Matt was so intense. Got me so hyped to see the next showdown between the two on the streets. Even in a season where's he's not the big bad, he's managed to be a great terror. Definitely one of the top villains of the MCU.

JustinBB7

Watched the first 7, god what a show, time goes by so quickly. Punisher is awesome and Elektra and Matt work so well together. Can't watch more until tomorrow (late) night, can't wait.

Rhaknar

Episode 6 question

does punisher recognize Matt as Daredevil? He doesn't try to mask his voice at all...

Just think of it in comic book land, where this is never an issue because we have no sound

Cindro

Top 3 MCU anythings

3. GoG
2. A-M
1. DD S2 E3

It's incredible that superhero entertainment is now at this level. E3 has some The Dark Knight-tier levels of characterization and dialogue.

Beer is cocked, pizza is cooked, ready to keep this fiery train chuggin

Just finish everything and the ending was pretty good. If not alittle predictable. Also thus has been a pretty good origin story for the punisher. Over all good season. Has its ups and downs.

Also didn't expect the
Trailer for Luke Cage at the end. Was awesome.

JeTmAn81

Was just going to post this, had to check the subs as well. I guess they're going there.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Killing me to not watch this until tomorrow. Promised a friend I'd wait so he could watch in 4K on my set. Reactions seem positive, though!

Episode 3 has now surpassed just about anything I've seen in the MCU. This version of the Punisher seems a bit more emotional than I'm used to, but Bernthal is owning this role.

And
the fight scenes at the end with the biker gang
was nothing short of amazing. DD should fight with a
chain
from now on.

Going to finish episode 4 and call it a night.

Episode 3

502.gif

Did they up the screentime for Foggy though? I can't believe this. It's as if Goofy was solving crime scenes in Watchmen. Can't take this pesky assclown dragging down this amazing show. I'm constantly hoping he takes a bullet for Matt.

Top Bottom