• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Finished Episode 5

Great season, only gripe once again the actor who plays Froggy. Dude is a terrible actor and annoying as hell.

Bloomers

It's been a long-ass binge lol.
16 min into Ep 10 now...
Punisher: The Revengening has begun

also (ep8-10)
Nobu and Kingpin brought a smile to my face. These fools never die.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Episode 9:

In prison there is only one Kingpin baby

Also, resurrected Nobu as we expected from the trailers. We full mystic now!

JTripper

Starting Ep. 10:
Things are getting kind of clusterfucky and a bit messy. I was ok with the multiple sub-plots in episodes 5-7 because it all wrapped up in a way that affected every character in a pretty significant way, but now it's doing it again except I don't even really know why some sub-plots exist, like Karen investigating the John Doe.

We'll see how it wraps but Ep 9 made things somewhat unnecessarily messy for me, especially after the greatness that was Ep. 8. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake to bring back Fisk. My worries with Batman V Superman is almost coming to fruition in this show instead and I hate to say it (basically in just an overstuffed way with too many things going on). The season is still good though, don't get me wrong, and I'm enjoying it more than Jessica Jones too (and I liked JJ). I also already miss Elektra. The mystical shit might not be my favorite but I really like seeing Daredevil and her together.

Loxley

Just wrapped it up.

I'm not sure if I liked it better than S1 overall, gonna need it to sink in before I come to that conclusion. That said, I really enjoyed it - Punisher and Elektra were both great and I liked that they kept Kingpin and Nobu in the mix. I'm also glad they broke off the Foggy/Matt partnership, I don't think I could handle another season of Foggy making non-stop pouty faces and whining to Matt about being Daredevil.

Now I just want more Punisher please :) Bernthal was freakin' great.

Anung

Un Rama
And done. God damn I need to sleep after that all day binge but overall a very confident follow up to season one and there was so much to love. I'll write some more in depth stuff in the spoiler thread when I wake up tomorrow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Episode 10:
Yo this Murdock v Fisk scene

YOOOOOOO FUCK
Fisk so intense ;_;

Kard8p3

Only a few episodes in but a friend spoiled a casting choice, episode 8

Fuckin' Clancy Brown is in everything superhero related

Red

Finished episode 3 and I have to agree with the general consensus, Punisher is really good here. Great pacing and editing in all three episodes so far and some really impressive choreography in the fights. That should come as no surprise but the extent and length of one scene in particular is "how the hell did they do that???" levels of cool.

That said, I don't think anything can top the Cut Man hallway scene, which was framed so well and shot with such confidence that it remained the high point of what is probably the best ever superhero show for an entire season. Man, I love that scene. Everything came together so well.

- J - D -

The episode 3 fight pretty much blows away the famous hallway fight from season 1. Plus Shane's Punisher is pretty great.

This season is looking up already.

guek

Banned
Just finished episode 3. Damn good stuff. The production value however feels a notch below season 1 though. It's not a dealbreaker but it is noticeable. Maybe that'll change as the season continues.

Rhaknar

10 down, 3 to go. Gonna call it here because I need to do some work, will finish it later when I get home.

Episode 10 spoilers
More Kingpin! We deffinately got more Fisk than expected this season, and its clearly foreshadowing a season 3 (some say Defenders but I disagree)

Hand attacking the hospital, shit about to go down next episode!

Creepy kids being creepy.

Of course Frank didnt kill the DA (Foggie getting hit in the crossfire made it clear)

icespide

Banned
just made it through episode 3. I'm enjoying it but I dunno something just feels off and cheap about this show now. lots of obvious cuts in that long ass fight too

Hex

Banned
Episode 13 The fuck?
Boooooooooo. Did they seriously fucking retcon the Bullseye story? What the fuck? Why would they do something so fucking stupid

About halfway through the second episode, feeling more optimistic about this season since with the Punisher it seems that they're leaning on the pulpiness of its subject rather than the awkward attempt of making a gritty crime drama that was the first season.

But woof at some of the characterization. Foggy still sucks and "there's something about this city that makes even good people shoot their way out of a situation" even made my tone deaf roommate call blunt.

Rhaknar

Foggy is fine and the hate the character / actor gets is baffling. Unless you never read the comics I guess, because he's a goofball there aswell

Kalentan

Foggy is fine and the hate the character / actor gets is baffling. Unless you never read the comics I guess, because he's a goofball there aswell

He also acts fairly realistic for a guy who found out his blind friend, who opened a firm with him, is actually a masked vigilante who reguarly comes home battered and bruised. Not to then mention that it began to weigh heavily on their firm and how they could operate when Matt is getting mixed up in so much other shit.

People seem like they want a "yes" character, the guy who is completely okay with what Daredevil is doing.

He also acts fairly realistic for a guy who found out his blind friend, who opened a firm with him, is actually a masked vigilante who reguarly comes home battered and bruised. Not to then mention that it began to weigh heavily on their firm and how they could operate when Matt is getting mixed up in so much other shit.

People seem like they want a "yes" character, the guy who is completely okay with what Daredevil is doing.
Yeah, I really don't get the dislike for him

Strangely enough, I think he does a decent job with some of the more dramatic scenes. It's whenever he tries to act nonchalant and jokey that he comes across as stilted and rehearsed.

You know I always thought it was the other way around, his dramatic scenes always seemed real jarring to me for some reason, but I felt better about his performance when he loosened up lol

ZeroX03

Banned
Seven episodes in.

Much less bloat.
Less highs, but much less lows. More consistent.
Two major character stories rather than Fisk's one helps.
Bit more indulgent in super hero tropes, which is fine, they work.

Feels like they "Marvelized" the show a bit more from the first season, which makes it much easier to digest if that makes sense.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Okay, maybe I'm just stupid but there are two weird ass plot holes in Ep 4 that I just can't figure out.

[ep 4]
How come at the end of Ep 3, The Punisher is unconscious in an elevator and Daredevil is standing in the hallway as sirens echo in the distance... and then Ep 4 begins with The Punisher getting a latte or something.

And how does Karen (I had to look up the name of the character Deborah Ann Woll plays, lol) get the keys to the Castle family home?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
How close does this take place in relation to Jessica jones?

I'm only in the middle of episode 2, but
in the first episode they make it clear that it's summertime.

Daredevil season one took place in August through September 2014. Jessica Jones happened in January through March 2015.

So
season two likely happens in summer 2015, I'd guess June considering these shows usually take place around the time they actually were filmed. Between Age of Ultron and Ant-Man, possibly.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Just finished episode 4.
The costume upgrade makes the suit look great. It's just unfortunate that they did the same thing Nolan did in The Dark Knight and made a story reason why the hero would upgrade his suit into something that doesn't look janky as hell. Because of that, we were subjected to three episodes of awkward moving Daredevil with flabby neck syndrome.

[ep 4]
Nah, the helmet looks worse. I prefer the leathery look of the original helm, like something a real person would wear. The new one looks movie-fake.

Rhaknar

Okay, maybe I'm just stupid but there are two weird ass plot holes in Ep 4 that I just can't figure out.

[ep 4]
How come at the end of Ep 3, The Punisher is unconscious in an elevator and Daredevil is standing in the hallway as sirens echo in the distance... and then Ep 4 begins with The Punisher getting a latte or something.

And how does Karen (I had to look up the name of the character Deborah Ann Woll plays, lol) get the keys to the Castle family home?

Keys? You clearly see her break in, takes her ages to do. Is this another "im on my phone while watching this show" moments again? It is isnt it :/

Only through episode 4. Joe Bernthal has put a bullet into the head of the previous live action depictions of the Punisher. Just piled the bodies of Dolph, Thomas Jane and Ray Stevens high. Absolutely outstanding work.

Top Bottom