• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Sheroking

Episode 7:

Most unnecessarily dramatic perp-walk ever of all time? Not sure why we needed BWAMMMMP music for a dude we've been starring at for 6 episodes walking twelve feet.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Keys? You clearly see her break in, takes her ages to do. Is this another "im on my phone while watching this show" moments again? It is isnt it :/

[ep4]

I even rewound it at the time and was like, WTF!

Watched it again now, it's like a credit-card thing she jimmies it with I guess. I was confused because she grabs the knob, and I thought she was sliding a key into the knob, like she was fumbling with a key-ring. Plus the credit card thing looks like it's on a keychain:

9BN8wGh.png

And if flashes like a key:

But I can see that it's not keys. Just got confused.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Episode 11

OH SHIT
These actually ARE undead ninjas
based Marvel

Episode 8. Fucking
Stick
is back, great. My enthusiasm just plummeted.

What the fuck? :eek:

Chase17

6 episodes in. Pretty good so far. Something still seems off to me with Foggy, just not a fan (and no, having him tell someone off and then having a character state how great he is doesn't help me like him more. There has been several instances of this in the series and I find it funny).

I wish there would be more to
Claire than being a character who reminds us this is the MCU, and things are connected.

Looking forward to, probably, watching the rest this weekend.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Frank stop hurting people ;_;

Btw I love how he calls DD "Red"

hupla

I'm almost done episode 8 and I really feel these Netflix Marvel shows should maybe consider being 10 episodes not 13 cause I just feel they stretch things too thin Honestly. Maybe the last few EPs will change my mind but I'm saving em for tomorrow

Rhaknar

I'm almost done episode 8 and I really feel these Netflix Marvel shows should maybe consider being 10 episodes not 13 cause I just feel they stretch things too thin Honestly. Maybe the last few EPs will change my mind but I'm saving em for tomorrow

I thought this about JJ but not with DD S1 and certainly not with S2 with so much going on

I thought this about JJ but not with DD S1 and certainly not with S2 with so much going on
Season 1 definitely suffered from this, there were two episodes specifically devoted to filling out a season.

Episode four this season sure does have a cute star wars reference though.

Edit: He was too tired, gotta admit I'm crying right now. It's not some non standard exposition there, but the fact that he kept saying he was tired... got me. I'm gonna drink some more.

Dysun

Just finished episode 8. Holy shit, this show is firing on all cylinders. A big improvement over Season 1, which was already great

Faynwulf

Bernthal is the perfect Punisher... I mean holy shit that perforamnce is award worthy.

If they haven't already they need to greenlight a solo show. I need more Punisher in my life.

ZehDon

Loved most of season one, but S2:E1 left me underwhelmed. Felt like a trailer that was stretched out for a full episode. Reading the thread, sounds like it gets a lot better.

Side note: is it really dark, or is it just me? I had real trouble following
DD taking on Punisher on the roof top

Edit: Just remembered
Punisher dis-arming the cop in the hospital and disposing the pistol
. Straight bad-ass.

Episode 1-4:

Show feels hollow at the moment. The fight scenes are adequate but nothing good since there's no energy to them and the tossing of his cane is really awkward and funny to see. The stairwell scene felt empty probably due to the poor sound, mediocre choreography, and generally no energy to it. I think they tried to match season 1's fight and it doesn't work well. None of the fights are good so far since there's a bunch of near hits that are quite visible. His flip kicks are hilariously out of place.

Not feeling the Punisher so far. He's willing to kill a random super but spares Daredevil twice for some reason. He's whole-fully inconsistent and his physical presence lacks during fight scenes. Hopefully it gets better but someone more intimidating and assertive in that role would probably do much better. Tom Hardy wanted to be it, should have gone in hard to acquire him.

Karen's actually good this season. Her scenes are the ones I enjoy the most.

Foggy is foggy.

Episode 3...

Matty and Frank just fucking yelling at eachother on a roof, and I'm riveted.

Question in the spoiler for ya:

What's riveting about it? They're basically yelling the same argument just in different ways at each other. Exchange felt too long, I was hoping Frank would tie him up, go downstairs, and proceed to shit kick the Dogs of Hell.

Rhaknar

Punisher specifically said
he wasnt going to kill the super, that it was just for show for DD's benefit

Its amazing how people miss some things (and then blame the show/movie)

Question in the spoiler for ya:

What's riveting about it? They're basically yelling the same argument just in different ways at each other. Exchange felt too long, I was hoping Frank would tie him up, go downstairs, and proceed to shit kick the Dogs of Hell.

Uh... Everything!? It's incredibly dramatic and tense and a joy to see the two actors play off each other like that.

YES he should have shit kicked the dogs of hell because we need more violence GRR

Nyanmaruz

Finished Ep. 1-10
I kinda hate how the Punisher is pretty much sitting on the sidelines for the majority of this season. They spend so much time on his trial and we don't get to see much of him in action. It's a real bummer imo.

TheYanger

Episode 10:
Halfway through the episode, the prison interview scene with Matt and Fisk...HOLY SHIT. This season seemed fine, but now I'm so glad Fisk is back, he brings pure fucking fire to this series.

Just got done binge watching episodes one through eight. Overall, I am enjoying it a lot and it is definitely a worthy contender to the first season so far. The episodes feel like they are filled out nicely from this point. And Punisher is absolutely the best part of the season. Jon Bernthal is killing it.

As someone that is not familiar with the comics or any Daredevil media besides this show, I have some questions about the season so far. Episode 8 spoilers:

The impression I get that Elektra is completely toxic to Matt's life in every way possible. She brings the worse out of him. Ever since she came back into his life, Matt has done a good job absolutely destroying his personal life and career in the process. His treatment of Karen, Foggy, and the case has made him really unlikable for me right now. There doesn't seem to be any way he can live a happy life when she is around. Is this more or less how their relationship works in the comic? I just want a simple explanation that doesn't spoil anything for later episodes.

As with season 1, it falls short of what I wish it was, but still, it's decent television (and high above the majority of superhero tv shows).

Just wish it could fulfill its true potential...

Only through episode 4. Joe Bernthal has put a bullet into the head of the previous live action depictions of the Punisher. Just piled the bodies of Dolph, Thomas Jane and Ray Stevens high. Absolutely outstanding work.

To be fair I think Ray Stevenson and Thomas Jane could do this performance decently as well if they had it but yeah Bernthal fits it to a t and it helps that he's had by far the best interpretation of the punisher on screen

On episode 4 right now and I'm really enjoying this. Way more than the initial episodes of daredevil season 1 even. The punisher really jumpstarted the season with
that terminator like appearance in the first episode

If they stick the landing, hopefully, he's on track to be the best mcu character for me

Always loved the max series from ennis. Although I really enjoyed Warzone it's nice to see an adaptation of punisher that is self serious and not campy without being straight trash like the Jane film

Hopefully if they do bring back stick he only has one episode. He's fun but I don't want none of that shit fucking up this damn good vibe the season has going so far.

Just finished Episode 4. Quick thoughts:

That end fight in Episode 3 was fucking OFF THE CHAIN. They really outdid themselves.

Debra Ann Woll is still fine as hell.

The main trio are good as usual.

Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle. He absolutely nailed the character. I love his take on Castle. He's not fully gone, you can tell he's still human, you know. Episode 4 spoilers:
His monologue near the end was fucking tear-jerking.

He absolutely nails the pathos and tragedy of the character. And the action scenes with him are so fucking awesome. The fight style, like a tank.

And I love the character tic of calling Daredevil, "Red". That's awesome.

Episode 3's confrontation was fantastically done as well.

I have one pressing question though:

How on earth did no one connect the dots that Frank Castle, former decorated Marine, whose family was murdered in Central Park, is The Punisher? Like... the media? Why isn't a massacre of a family in Central Park like news that Matt is aware of? Why are people in suits trying to cover it up? What did the DA do?

Oh, and by the way, this ain't motherfucking "PG-16" no more. The (Episode 4 spoilers)
foot drill torture and shotgun blast to the face
firmly shoves this series into R-rated territory.

Fuck, Marry, Kill:

Karen Page
Elektra Natchios
Claire Temple

God, that is a fucking difficult one.

Well, you'd marry Claire. Elektra would try to kill you at some point, and Karen is a hot mess.

Probably kill Karen. Fuck Elektra. But you don't stick your dick in crazy, so swap those two.

Neoxon

Just finished Season 2. I can't express how much it blew me away. Hell, it was even better than the first season.

• I legit cried during Punisher's monologue in Episode 4.
    [*]
    R.I.P. Elektra? I honestly didn't see that coming.
  • Speaking of stuff that I didn't expect, maybe we'll see Nelson in Jessica Jones Season 2?

Neoxon

I can't stand Foggy. Every time he monologues about some bullshit morals I want the Punisher to show up and clock him.
Foggy has a massive pair, gotta give him props for that.
I'm interested to see what they do with him in Jessica Jones Season 2.

antonz

Just finished Episode 4. Quick thoughts:

That end fight in Episode 3 was fucking OFF THE CHAIN. They really outdid themselves.

Debra Ann Woll is still fine as hell.

The main trio are good as usual.

Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle. He absolutely nailed the character. I love his take on Castle. He's not fully gone, you can tell he's still human, you know. Episode 4 spoilers:
His monologue near the end was fucking tear-jerking.

He absolutely nails the pathos and tragedy of the character. And the action scenes with him are so fucking awesome. The fight style, like a tank.

And I love the character tic of calling Daredevil, "Red". That's awesome.

Episode 3's confrontation was fantastically done as well.

I have one pressing question though:

How on earth did no one connect the dots that Frank Castle, former decorated Marine, whose family was murdered in Central Park, is The Punisher? Like... the media? Why isn't a massacre of a family in Central Park like news that Matt is aware of? Why are people in suits trying to cover it up? What did the DA do?

Oh, and by the way, this ain't motherfucking "PG-16" no more. The (Episode 4 spoilers)
foot drill torture and shotgun blast to the face
firmly shoves this series into R-rated territory.

Your question will get answered as you keep watching. Big part of the story for the character

One thing still bugging me 6 episodes into S2 is how Daredevil fights with his escrima sticks.
He still just punches or pounds on bad guys while the sticks just sit in his hands.
latest

drum on those guys a bit.

Neoxon

After what happened with Elektra in Daredevil Season 2,
I'm afraid that my bad luck is gonna extend to Scarlet Witch & Cap in Civil War.

Top Bottom