• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
After what happened with Elektra in Daredevil Season 2,
I'm afraid that my bad luck is gonna extend to Scarlet Witch & Cap in Civil War.

Episode 13.

She'll definitely be back in a later season since she was brought back to life at the end.

Neoxon

Episode 13.

She'll definitely be back in a later season since she was brought back to life at the end.
You sure she was revived? Elektra still seemed pretty dead to me. The Hand just seemed like they dug up her corpse & dressed her up for whatever pod stone thing they have.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
You sure she was revived? Elektra still seemed pretty dead to me. The Hand just seemed like they dug up her corpse & dressed her up for whatever pod stone thing they have.

Episode 13.

They never flatout said it but I think the implication was that they used that thing to revive people. I was 100 percent sure it was used for that once they dug up her body and stock it in there.

Just finished it and I am more than satisfied. Both the Punisher and Elektra were excellent casts. A lot of fight scenes were somehow even better than season one by mixing in a bunch of fighting styles that worked so well. One complaint would be the pacing, expecially when
bouncing between the Blacksmith and the Hand storylines
. But overall, better than season one.

Now I really need that Punisher series Netflix.

Kin5290

Yeah,
this is Elektra, after all. Plus, she's in the hands of an organization whose face survived total immolation and getting thrown off a tall building.
Just finished it and I am more than satisfied. Both the Punisher and Elektra were excellent casts. A lot of fight scenes were somehow even better than season one by mixing in a bunch of fighting styles that worked so well. One complaint would be the pacing, expecially when

I don't see how there could be any way to do a Punisher series that doesn't get incredibly fucked up with regards to race or gun violence in general.

Neoxon

Episode 13.

They never flatout said it but I think the implication was that they used that thing to revive people. I was 100 percent sure it was used for that once they dug up her body and stock it in there.
I guess that would make sense if that pod was the Lazarus Pit of the MCU, but didn't Nobu have no trouble shaking off fatal wounds on his own until Stick made damn sure that Nobu didn't come back?

Iron Fist's next, so Punisher's probably gonna have to wait until after Defenders.

CryptiK

I guess that would make sense if that pod was the Lazarus Pit of the MCU, but didn't Nobu have no trouble shaking off fatal wounds on his own until Stick made damn sure that Nobu didn't come back?

Iron Fist's next, so Punisher's probably gonna have to wait until after Defenders.
They said Punisher would be separate to the Defenders, so I'd expect it to be before as he wont need to be released as part of the Defenders cast. Also finished the season, loved the entire thing.

Punisher really shouldn't be a 13 episode series. The dream is 4 or 5 episode arcs based on the ennis max runs (or their own original plots, whatever)

DrSlek

Punisher really shouldn't be a 13 episode series. The dream is 4 or 5 episode arcs based on the ennis max runs (or their own original plots, whatever)

I would love to see a cameo by Samuel Jackson to hear him quote these lines...

3Gz3OvT.jpg

duckroll

Episode 1

Great start. I love the banter between Foggy and Matt. Very Daredevil. The Punisher stuff is pretty great so far. Solid introduction. I think the fight at the end went on for a bit too long though. Felt too showy for the sake of it.

You can do a few arcs and make it 13 episodes. :p

Grazzt

Finished. Loved every bit of it. Great improvements over season 1.
Full season spoiler:

I'm pretty sure the Hand is going to revive Elektra. We don't know why they use those children's blood, but it's something with that tank where Elektra ends up in.

I still don't get why the colonel aka Blacksmith wants Frank (and his family) dead. And why did Stick save Elektra at first then wanted to kill her later? Was it because she said she had enough of him and drove him away, so he thought she might eventually be the Black Sky the Hand always wanted?

Now give me the Punisher series! There is no way Netflix builds up such a fantastic character and just lets this waste.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just finished it. Fizzled out a bit at the end but I still loved it. I think the ending works as a tv show, but it clashes with what comic fans would probably want.

Episodes 12-13 Spoilers, and also 20 year old Daredevil comic spoilers lol

Elektra being a / the Black Sky doesnt bother me. She's supposed to be a living weapon and she has lead the hand in the comics at one point, so I'm fine with that revision. Her dying already tho sucks because it robs us of THE moment for a eventual season 3, aka Bullseye killing her. I mean they could bring her back (as they did in the comic) but then Bullseye killing her a second time loses impact. Also, if they were going to do the predictable Punisher joins in, then do it properly, not just for 10 seconds and him shooting 2 ninjas.

Also, there was no Stone after heavily teasing him in S1 (the guy with the scarred back that Stick talks to in S1).

As for Frank, wish there was more time with the skull, we barely even see it, but im hopeful for his future. Hell the show sets up a Punisher spin off more than it sets up a DD S3 imo lol. Nice Microchip tease with the cd.

As for DD, I guess if / when we get a DD S3 and if / when they give us Bullseye (I mean they have to right? Its the last part of the DD holy trinity) they could use Karen for the famous death scene instead of Elektra.

So yeah, continues to be a great show, but once again it doesnt quite land the finish imo. 8.5/10 with S1 being 8/10 and JJ a 6 or 7/10, I need to rewatch it.

Oh and I dont have the
Luke Cage
tease on my netflix, what the fuck

Edit: As for a potencial Punisher show, they can just adapt the Welcome Back Frank Ennis run with Frank living in the building with the weird neighbours and Ma Gucci as the villain, although that mighy be a little too close with what JJ did (which I though was weird and at one point I was convinced they took it from the Punisher run)

antonz

Echoing others. Bernthal nails his portrayal of Frank Castle.

Writers did a fantastic job bringing Castle to life. They balance the approval and disapproval of his actions well so even if you can understand and sympathize what has pushed him you can still see how monstrous he is as well.

TheYanger

Finished, liked, but didn't love.

Season spoilers
I think this season really pushes the edge of being too busy. Hand and punisher storylines felt totally disjointed and that hurts the season to me. Kingpin was the highlight, again, so that's a problem imo. Lots of dangling threads with the hand story especially and punishers resolution felt really unsatisfying. I still enjoyed it over all but I imagine non comic fans will get bored by the hokey ninja immortality/Electra storyline by the end.

Haha finally got an explanation as to why the NY skyline looks suspiciously empty

EP9
Bulletin headline 'Stark Tower ruined during battle of NY'

... even though it was in AOU. What.

Indelible

Just finished the season, really enjoyed it overall and I thought the pacing was much better then season 1 and Jessica Jones.

Just finished the season!

I thought it was a very noticeable step back from Season 1 and Jessica Jones, which was a shame. It really suffers from awful villains, very boring and disconnected subplots, and repetitive and stretched arcs. Also nothing gets the zzzzs flowing than ninjas. They were a curious indulgence in Season 1, but man they're just so boring!

LOVED The Punisher, thought Elektra was interesting, but their stories together did not mesh well at all and I thought the ratio of importance should have been flipped between Punisher and Elektra. The latter causes so much of the uninteresting plot to happen, which I would rather have as incidental background noise than main event stuff. Also for the stinger
seeing that The Hand plot is STILL not over was really disappointing.

Overall, I thought it was great, but mostly for the same reasons Season 1 was EXCELLENT. It jut came across as Season 1 with slightly to moderately worse everything with the addition of two new characters that made it pop. Kinda reminded me that the Netflix Marvel schtick isn't infallible and can be as flawed as anything else, so it reminded me of Arrow Season 3 in that regard.

Anyway, when is Season 3? It's been like FOREVER since Season 2!

It's weird to see such widely varying opinions in this thread; I thought it far outclassed anything we've seen from Marvel on Netflix thus far.

Defenders is going to be insane.

It's weird to see such widely varying opinions in this thread; I thought it far outclassed anything we've seen from Marvel on Netflix thus far.

Defenders is going to be insane.
I think that's a good thing! A variety of opinions leads to new perspectives and new angles that might not have been considered! I mean, I wish I liked it more even though I still really liked it a lot, but that's because the bar has been set so high for me.

I have one pressing question though:

How on earth did no one connect the dots that Frank Castle, former decorated Marine, whose family was murdered in Central Park, is The Punisher? Like... the media? Why isn't a massacre of a family in Central Park like news that Matt is aware of? Why are people in suits trying to cover it up? What did the DA do?

Oh, and by the way, this ain't motherfucking "PG-16" no more. The (Episode 4 spoilers)
foot drill torture and shotgun blast to the face
firmly shoves this series into R-rated territory.
Don't worry. All will be revealed

So Defenders is this year? What a great year for Netflix this will be.
Nope, next. They have all the pieces in place though. All we know is we have Luke Cage for sure this year (probably in JJ's November timeslot) and Iron Fist, Defenders and Jessica Jones S2 at some point.

Hypron

Spoiler up to around episode 10 (nothing too specific):

The Punisher is a goddamn savage. Killing thugs execution style, massacring those guys in that prison, the meat hooks... Damn Frank

nubbe

Spoiler up to around episode 10 (nothing too specific):

The Punisher is a goddamn savage. Killing thugs execution style, massacring those guys in that prison, the meat hooks... Damn Frank

my type of hero
no emotional bullshit, just get the job done

Love how episode lengths varied from 48 minutes to over an hour. It's the best way to develop a narrative and not being restricted by networks 42 minute episodes and also avoids scenes being deleted/edited

Yeah I don't think Punisher could sustain a full 13 episodes. He works best when he's not the main focus. If they did a Punisher show theyd need a couple other primary characters to cut away to and then whenever we get back to Frank we know shit is going down. Basically like Punisher MAX.

hamchan

I love Elektra. This casting choice is perfect.

I love the casting of everyone. They're so good at picking the right actors, goddamn.

Anyways episodes 3 and 4 of this season might be the best pair of episodes in the whole show so far. Jon Bernthal was incredible in episode 4.

Top Bottom