• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

LeonSPBR

The
graveyard speech
in episode 4 was pretty good. Overall by far the best episode of the season so far.

Yeah I forget this is supposed to be early on in his 'career'. Still Bernthal seems sort of Punisher-lite so far (dialogue-wise)

Ep4 spoiler:
Graveyard part was amazing, I was almost crying at the end of the speech, and when Daredevil let that tear fall... man the feels. Amazing script and Bernthal is amazing as the Punisher.

Also Elodie Yong is an amazing Elekra as well.

Won

6 episodes in and it feels it has the same problem for me as the first season. A strong and focused first arc followed by crap that just feels too messy and I just don't care about. Really tired of the Elektra character already. :/

Pachimari

Just finished Episode 10. And holy shit things are starting to heat up.
those kids are creepy, what's up with them!?

Onto E11!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Finished Ep. 10. This season has been pretty good so far. Much more consistent than last season.

Bernthal is great as Castle.

Foggy has been one of the best things about this season. Mainly because Matt is a prick.

Oh man I feel way opposite of this. I'm tired of hearing Foggy give Matt a hard time, tired of his earnest whining, and tired of the I'm-an-all-around-doofus-until-that-moment-when-I-can-spit-out-precident moments.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh man I feel way opposite of this. I'm tired of hearing Foggy give Matt a hard time, tired of his earnest whining, and tired of the I'm-an-all-around-doofus-until-that-moment-when-I-can-spit-out-precident moments.

Matt has been such an utter asshole this season that most people would have long ago dropped his ass. Foggy is a near saint for putting up with it. Ep 7(I think)
I mean not showing up for opening statement? Really Matt?

Dai101

Banned
Elektra is the worst

The worst as in the Worst it could happen to Matt in that moment in his life? Yes. I agree.

She's dat craxk yo, like a damn drug you get hooked and can't nor want to leave. She brought the worst aspects of Matt to the surface.

Is that toxic relationship you had when you know is not good for you, it will not going to last and will end in a bad way for both but yet you can't nor will to end it until it blows in your face.

Episode 6 Spoiler

HOW THE FUCK CAN A DUDE WHO MURDERED 37 DUDES GET PAROLED IN 25 YEARS

With the help of Nelson & Murdock, avocados at law.
Ok, mostly Nelson alone.

Matt has been such an utter asshole this season that most people would have long ago dropped his ass. Foggy is a near saint for putting up with it. Ep 7(I think)
I mean not showing up for opening statement? Really Matt?

I'm right at that point in the season. Yeah Matt has his problems but Foggy - to me anyway - seems to play mostly the role of the worrying nag: and however justified, worrying nags are annoying. I was rubbing my temples through that episode where Foggy
spent the whole time begging and pleading to look through the hospital records to see if Matt was checked in somewhere, only to find out... no. Which we the audience already knew by the way. So basically, that was a whole episode of Foggy worrying about shit and breaking up a fight between two characters I don't care about.

I wish they would give him real, meaty, interesting legal stuff to do. That would've been a nice pairing: Matt out at night doing his thing, Foggy really doing law on the cheap.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm right at that point in the season. Yeah Matt has his problems but Foggy - to me anyway - seems to play mostly the role of the worrying nag: and however justified, worrying nags are annoying. I was rubbing my temples through that episode where Foggy
spent the whole time begging and pleading to look through the hospital records to see if Matt was checked in somewhere, only to find out... no. Which we the audience already knew by the way. So basically, that was a whole episode of Foggy worrying about shit and breaking up a fight between two characters I don't care about.

I wish they would give him real, meaty, interesting legal stuff to do. That would've been a nice pairing: Matt out at night doing his thing, Foggy really doing law on the cheap.

That's what I feel the show should have been about, the legal stuff. However Electra/Hand stuff has just completely take over and screwed up everything. The Hand elements are (Ep.7)
screwing over what could have been an interesting trial. It's a weaker aspect of the show interfering with the better parts.

Matt was the one who pushed for this case and he's the one that mostly fucked it up, with both of their careers on the line. It's perfectly understandable that Foggy would be angry at how Matt doesn't show up when needed and when he does show up, he screws it up. Matt has also been acting like an addict in that he just can't stop being Daredevil and he's not considering the consequences to the people around him.

Red

So do 4:
What was going on with the Punisher
slicing his forearm, I assume to escape the handcuffs that were shown, but I don't remember him being handcuffed. Did I miss something obvious?

I watched episode 3 a little buzzed late last night, so this is probably on me being inattentive.

Kin5290

So do 4:
slicing his forearm, I assume to escape the handcuffs that were shown, but I don't remember him being handcuffed. Did I miss something obvious?

I watched episode 3 a little buzzed late last night, so this is probably on me being inattentive.
He
hid a razor blade in his wound, and used that to cut himself out of the duct tape. The whole thing was pretty stupid, since he would have been fucked if the Oirish mob used handcuffs or zipties.

Pachimari

Finished Episode 11. Shits crazy good. This show is like a drug, and I have never binged a show as hard as this one. I can't stop watching.

E11:
I hope neither Elektra nor Stick dies

So do 4:

He
hid a razor blade in his wound, and used that to cut himself out of the duct tape. The whole thing was pretty stupid, since he would have been fucked if the Oirish mob used handcuffs or zipties.

It's a callout to a Punisher comic storyline where he does the same thing. I assume if it was handcuffs maybe he had a lockpick too.

Episode 7 spoiler

fucking lol at Karen talking through her actual beliefs RE: Frank Castle, literally ALL the spaghetti is falling out of her pockets

JTripper

I never heard the similarities while he was on that show though. It's weird. He's got that scary Rick voice down.

Yeah I know what you mean though, he does sound more like Rick as the Punisher than he did as Shane. Shane was still sorta similar to scary Rick in ways though.

Finished it. Man what a disappointing season.

Some real great episodes in the middle but it just fell apart by the end. It was a slog to get through the last three episodes.

Edit: Too many pacing and writing issues. The payoff was also extremely disappointing.

Jarmel

Banned
Up to Episode 10. Half of this show is A++ and half of this show is C rank. It's amazing how vast the quality gap is inside the same show.

zeemumu

Finished it. Man what a disappointing season.

Some real great episodes in the middle but it just fell apart by the end. It was a slog to get through the last three episodes.

Edit: Too many pacing and writing issues. The payoff was also extremely disappointing.

sBfvVG.gif

zeemumu

Episode 9 spoilers:
Would it be stretching if whatever was in that folder that involved a car accident had to do with the same car accident that killed Jessica Jones' family?

Edit: Nevermind. I paused on the frame.

PsychBat!

Banned
Just finished season 2. Excellent season, a few episodes in the second half feel like they were written out of focus but it gets back on track with the last two episodes.

Hallway Fight II/Stairs Fight was fucking incredible and easily out does Hallway Fight I, and the
rooftop
fight in episode
was adrenaline pumping. Almost all fights in this season were and there were a lot of fights in this season.

Do I feel like it was better than Season 1? Yes and no. The emotional gravitas was superb in Season 1 while the action is helluva lot better in Season 2. Season 1 had episodes that dragged out while Season 2 had episodes that just jumped from plot to plot, making it unfocused. Although, Season 2 had way mooooore character development.

So, you know... pros and cons. I loved this season. I don't know if I'd rewatch it anytime soon, at least not by myself.

Top Bottom