• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Pachimari

Only the final episode to go!!!

I'm glad that I got a lot more Karen, and I'm very satisfied with Elektra, while I'm also somewhat okay with the amount of courtroom/case stuff we got. I would have wanted more church/priest/religion stuff though; they cut back on that.

Also, I don't see where the crazy was in E12? Was it the whole
Elektra is Black Sky or the secret weapons holding in the woods?

PsychBat!

Banned
Posting this again in case anyone missed the bottom of the page.
Just finished season 2. Excellent season, a few episodes in the second half feel like they were written out of focus but it gets back on track with the last two episodes.

Hallway Fight II/Stairs Fight was fucking incredible and easily out does Hallway Fight I, and the
rooftop
fight in episode
was adrenaline pumping. Almost all fights in this season were and there were a lot of fights in this season.

Do I feel like it was better than Season 1? Yes and no. The emotional gravitas was superb in Season 1 while the action is helluva lot better in Season 2. Season 1 had episodes that dragged out while Season 2 had episodes that just jumped from plot to plot, making it unfocused. Although, Season 2 had way mooooore character development.

So, you know... pros and cons. I loved this season. I don't know if I'd rewatch it anytime soon, at least not by myself.

sBfvVG.gif

Speaking of which, Punisher was great.

But the episodes that he wasn't a part of just weren't as good. All the hand focus and so on was just blah. I say this as a fan of the comicbook Hand.

Season finished, it was awesome most of the time.

I know nothing about comics so here goes a question regarding a character of the first season that I think didn't show in this one:

What happened to the big guy that Sitcks meets in the first season?

Just finished it. What a ride. What a fucking ride! Hit all the right spots for me really. Kudos to everyone involved for this masterpiece of a season.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
General season spoilers, barely:
The Hand really should have spent less time training its ninjas to be silent, and more time training them how to fight lol

The Spartacus series is probably my all time favorite action TV series.

This is now up there. Season 2 is better imo than season 1. It actually felt like the comics.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Episode 6:
the Matt/Elektra team-up at the party was pretty fun. This won't be one and done, and I hope they're fighting a bunch of ninjas soon

Finished the series. Doesn't come close to season 1. Best part was obviously Punisher. Highlight was
the interaction with Kingpin and his rise again
Not a big fan of the Elektra arc. Personally my least favorite part of the season. The story wasn't as coherent and flowing as season 1.

7/10. Still better than Jessica Jones.

I'd rate season one a solid 9.

Punisher needs his own series ASAP.

Pachimari

EP13: Fuck yeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!!!!!!
he gets his iconic weapon! now here's to even cooler fights in Season 3!
. And that
crossover with Hogarth haha! I wonder if Foggy will turn up in JJ S2.

SJRB

Gold Member
Only just finished episode 5, but oh my god, Elektra <3

*swoon*

[also can't believe how violent this all is, I don't remember the first season being this brutal]

Prompto

Banned
Just finished the first episode. Great start. I can already tell Berenthal as Punisher is going to be something special. Only negative is Foggy still sucks.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Just finished the season and it was fantastic. Far too soon for me so say whether it surpasses the first season or not, but it's definitely in contention. I just want to say without any spoilers that the entire cast was on point this season. Kudos to everyone involved

Pachimari

E13:
That rooftop fight between Nobu, Daredevil and Elektra, totally reminded me of the Iron Man, Captain America and Winter Soldier fight in the Civil War trailer.
That was awesome.

Is Elektra also
Black Sky in the comics
?

JTripper

E13:
That rooftop fight between Nobu, Daredevil and Elektra, totally reminded me of the Iron Man, Captain America and Winter Soldier fight in the Civil War trailer.
That was awesome.

Is Elektra also
Black Sky in the comics
?

I never read about anything Black Sky in the comics so I don't think so.

I love that they did the
rooftop
scene from the comics in ep 3

I absolutely loved the (EP.3 talk)
stairwell fight scene, it was like I was watching a scene from the raid. I bet a shit ton of time went into choreographing and filming that one scene. How the camera slowly followed his descent as he beat up each one of the bikers was amazing, and I loved how he used the chain as a weapon.

Kard8p3

I absolutely loved the (EP.3 talk)
stairwell fight scene, it was like I was watching a scene from the raid. I bet a shit ton of time went into choreographing and filming that one scene. How the camera slowly followed his descent as he beat up each one of the bikers was amazing, and I loved how he used the chain as a weapon.

It wasn't one take.

Hagi

Man first two episodes have been fantastic. Shane is killing it as the Punisher so far and I think he's only said like two words.

I can't watch this until tomorrow. How is this season compared to the first?

I'm only on episode 5 but I'm loving it so far. It's paced much better than season 1 so far, even the scenes with Foggy are much more interesting and the action in some of the episodes is some of the best in the series imo.

Walpurgis

Banned
guess what, I am doing it as we speak. I just watched the first episode and the next week I'll star-

nah, already watched the first 4. :[

I have some complatins but Jon Bernthal was an amazing Punisher. kudos the the actor

Lol. It's always best to be realistic. :p

And I agree, The Punisher is perfect.

"One batch........ two batch...... penny and dime."

I have no idea what that means but god damn is that cool. And what came after, my god, what came after. 12 hours later, my heart is still racing.

Finished the series. Doesn't come close to season 1. Best part was obviously Punisher. Highlight was
the interaction with Kingpin and his rise again
Not a big fan of the Elektra arc. Personally my least favorite part of the season. The story wasn't as coherent and flowing as season 1.

7/10. Still better than Jessica Jones.

I'd rate season one a solid 9.

Punisher needs his own series ASAP.

1) "Doesn't come close to season 1. "
Disagree.

2) "Not a big fan of the Elektra arc." Agree. But well, THAT'S DAREDEVIL. It was portrayed perfectly, and the actress being less charismatic meant she didn't steal away the spotlight from Matt.

3) "Still better than Jessica Jones" Absolutely agree.

I even preferred the limited amount of Wilson Fisk we got this season. I didn't need the whole Fisk love interest story in season 1.

The Punisher, Matt and Karen's romance, Foggy less annoying, the Hand, more fight scenes....

From the perspective of a Daredevil superhero fan, this season was absolutely Daredevil. Even more than season 1.

Pachimari

I don't care what anybody says. As a Daredevil fan, that ending striked home, it was perfect, it was more than perfect. This season was better than S1, and the best thing out of the MCU. In fact, some of the best television I have ever seen.

Elektra was perfect, Punisher was perfect, Foggy was great, Karen was perfect, everybody was bloody perfect.

And I feel happy inside. I feel satisfied. I feel joy. And most of all feel extremely thankful and grateful towards everyone involved in the production and to those who made all of this happen. To those, who gave me this live action Daredevil, and gave me the chance to witness it all unfold.

The pacing was much more coherent than the first season, though admittedly it dipped somewhere along Episode 10-12 but it was interesting all along.

That ending. That ending, man.

Top Bottom