• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Jarmel

Banned
The Hand segments have worse fight sequences compared to the Punisher side, there aren't any moral quandries examined in depth, it feels almost completely divorced from the Punisher plot, the Elektra bit is poorly written at times such as (ep.8)
especially her deciding to stay and then leaving the next episode(which just came off as a wate of time)
. It's just not compelling at all and I want to fast forward through those scenes to get to the Punisher stuff.

It has some of the same problems Jessica Jones did.

PsychBat!

Banned
The moments when he has big speeches/moments just never work for me. As a character he's fine (and usually in the right when it comes to arguments).

Hm, I agree with you on the big speeches thing. His speech at the hospital in episode 3 is a bit contrived and I didn't care for it. And when he's having an argument with someone other than Matt, he's usually on point.

I love his positivity and his love for his friends, it reminds me of an introvert being really comfortable with their friends that the person comes out of their shell.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Seen first 4 episodes. Jon is amazing actor in this and completely badass.
i really hope that he isnt gone. Getting locked up :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So... ELEKTRA is French now? C'mon.

You're damn right I posted the same complaint in the spoiler thread.

why would you assume shes french just because she was speaking french with a french guy in one scene?

Permanently A

Quick question, I plan to watch this with my mom and little brother and from the trailer it seems like there's a sex scene with Elektra and Matt. Can anyone tell me when and which episode that happens in, as well as if there's any other sexual content I should skip over?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't care what anybody says. As a Daredevil fan, that ending striked home, it was perfect, it was more than perfect. This season was better than S1, and the best thing out of the MCU. In fact, some of the best television I have ever seen.

Elektra was perfect, Punisher was perfect, Foggy was great, Karen was perfect, everybody was bloody perfect.

And I feel happy inside. I feel satisfied. I feel joy. And most of all feel extremely thankful and grateful towards everyone involved in the production and to those who made all of this happen. To those, who gave me this live action Daredevil, and gave me the chance to witness it all unfold.

The pacing was much more coherent than the first season, though admittedly it dipped somewhere along Episode 10-12 but it was interesting all along.

That ending. That ending, man.

are you a Daredevil fan or a Daredevil show fan. Because you asking stuff like "was elektra
black sky
in the comics" and thinking this is all perfect makes me think its show only.

And even if its show only, its far from perfect lol. I loved it dont get me wrong, but come on now

Quick question, I plan to watch this with my mom and little brother and from the trailer it seems like there's a sex scene with Elektra and Matt. Can anyone tell me when and which episode that happens in, as well as if there's any other sexual content I should skip over?

the sec scene is very tame and its the only one. What you see in the trailer is basically what you see in the show. Jessica Jones this isnt (lol)

Wait...sex is a no, but gratuitous violence left and right...they good?

I'll never get that.

Man episode 4 holy shit. Definitely agree that episodes 3 and 4 are the best of the series so far.
I have to agree.

Fantastic season overall. During S1, the show was a 8.7 for me and now might be a 9.1-9.2 overall. A lot of great stuff there. Punisher is easily the best thing about the show and his show is going to be beyond LIT. I don't care what anyone says, he's one of the best actors in the world atm. He's just memorable, he was always a huge favorites on TWD. Women loved the dude, and many people wanted to be his friend lol. He's got incredible charisma, I just need to see more & more of him. Elektra is sexy and interesting in many of the good ways.

Got to say though, Nobu being the villain was lame as fuck. What is with Marvel and their last acts?... So you put the villain that DD already beat in s1 as a side character as the main one with more ninjas?... I remember when Loki was the villain of Avengers one and people somehow thought that was a good idea also lmao..

The fighting while the shooting is happening in episode 2 was Arrow-cringe level bad and took me away from the show. Stop adding stormtrooper aiming to professional shooters as character(s) run or fight while being shot at. It's not realistic and looks stupid as fuck. Stop it. Stop. STOP IT. I'm tired of tv shows adding this garbage.

Elektra's intro line about German beer being piss albeit incredibly small needs to be reiterated that the writer who wrote her lines there needs his manhood card removed for the rest of his life and should be laughed at when trying to talk about beer. Hold this everlasting L. I also still found it nonsensical that Matt didn't sleep with Karen in episode 4? Twice he turned Karen down because the moment is good and somehow sleeping with her would ruin it? I'm sorry, I don't get it.

I do find it interesting that she's developed a ton and we still don't know her backstory. I found her more interesting this season than the last. It honestly feels like just a matter of time before she snoops around at the wrong place at dies though, inevitable really... As you can see other than the last act/villain segment being both lame and 3 very minor points, the show nailed everything else. Characters, story, feel, inclusion of many characters from 1 that didn't feel tacky. I definitely feel that Punisher's inclusion makes this season the best though, it's not a surprise that when he was the focus, the show was at its best (for me). Cannot wait for season 3 next year, and I will be binge watching like a total bum for 2-3 days and finish it like season 2.

I'll never get that.
Watching sex with your mom would obviously be a lot more awkward than people getting killed. I don't understand what's hard to get here.

Toa TAK

Banned
Finished it. It's not without its issues, but I thought it was more consistent than last season. Really loved the use of the Daredevil theme throughout and it being more prominent.

Still my favorite superhero show and I just want a season 3.

Favorite episode is 3 without a doubt.

KOMANI

KOMANI
why would you assume shes french just because she was speaking french with a french guy in one scene?
Cause the actress is French and her character has a French accent. And she speaks French, along with Japanese. Not once, has her Greek ethnicity been brought up.

Red

Up to episode 7 now. More consistent than season one I think, less lows and less highs. Better script. Still a little goofy at times but I expect that from Netflix shows at this point.

Rhaknar

I have to agree.

Fantastic season overall. During S1, the show was a 8.7 for me and now might be a 9.1-9.2 overall. A lot of great stuff there. Punisher is easily the best thing about the show and his show is going to be beyond LIT. I don't care what anyone says, he's one of the best actors in the world atm. He's just memorable, he was always a huge favorites on TWD. Women loved the dude, and many people wanted to be his friend lol. He's got incredible charisma, I just need to see more & more of him. Elektra is sexy and interesting in many of the good ways.

Got to say though, Nobu being the villain was lame as fuck. What is with Marvel and their last acts?... So you put the villain that DD already beat in s1 as a side character as the main one with more ninjas?... I remember when Loki was the villain of Avengers one and people somehow thought that was a good idea also lmao..

The fighting while the shooting is happening in episode 2 was Arrow-cringe level bad and took me away from the show. Stop adding stormtrooper aiming to professional shooters as character(s) run or fight while being shot at. It's not realistic and looks stupid as fuck. Stop it. Stop. STOP IT. I'm tired of tv shows adding this garbage.

Elektra's intro line about German beer being piss albeit incredibly small needs to be reiterated that the writer who wrote her lines there needs his manhood card removed for the rest of his life and should be laughed at when trying to talk about beer. Hold this everlasting L. I also still found it nonsensical that Matt didn't sleep with her in episode 4? Twice he turned her down because the moment is good and somehow sleeping with her would ruin it? I'm sorry, I don't get it.

I do find it interesting that she's developed a ton and we still don't know her backstory. I found her more interesting this season than the last. It honestly feels like just a matter of time before she snoops around at the wrong place at dies though, inevitable really... As you can see other than the last act/villain segment being both lame and 3 very minor points, the show nailed everything else. Characters, story, feel, inclusion of many characters from 1 that didn't feel tacky. I definitely feel that Punisher's inclusion makes this season the best though, it's not a surprise that when he was the focus, the show was at its best (for me). Cannot wait for season 3 next year, and I will be binge watching like a total bum for 2-3 days and finish it like season 2.

Watching sex with your mom would obviously be a lot more awkward than people getting killed. I don't understand what's hard to get here.

you should edit your post because it makes it sound like youre talking about Elektra after the beer thing when you obviously mean Karen

Cause the actress is French and her character has a French accent. And she speaks French, along with Japanese. Not once, has her Greek ethnicity been brought up.

They said Matt had a greek girlfriend in college in season 1

Gambit

Just paused Episode 6 to say
that Elektra is just the best kind of crazy. She is insanely hot.

Punisher is pretty damn fantastic too and I don't miss the Kingpin at all so far.

Pachimari

are you a Daredevil fan or a Daredevil show fan. Because you asking stuff like "was elektra
black sky
in the comics" and thinking this is all perfect makes me think its show only.

And even if its show only, its far from perfect lol. I loved it dont get me wrong, but come on now
I'm a Daredevil fan. Not a Daredevil show fan. And I have been ever since I were a kid. He have always been my number one and still is. It's just that while growing up, I only bought single issues, and never read a complete arc for example. So I didn't know about Black Sky or Stick until the show, but I always knew about the core of Daredevil's character, how he turned into him and about the supporting cast and all that. But I'm reading up on the story lines now.

Karen and Matt
's relationship doesn't feel real to me. Its like they're attracted to each other only because its in the script. Theres no chemistry here. Padme and Anakin had more chemistry.

Ending seemed heavily edited and cut

Im assuming the scripts have been and ever shifting thing since they are spinning a few plates

That said I still loved it

Sheroking

The episode is the one where it flashes back to Matt and Elektra's past. The scene starts with them breaking into a gym.

That being said, this show is filled with grotesque murder and gore-filled scenery. A 30 second sex-scene where the most explicit shot is of a girls naked back is not even top-50 on the not-safe-for-kids shots in this show and I'm not even finished.

LOL

Forget any sexual content. The violence will make you blush.

It amazes me that this makes Stick lopping off a guy's hand in the first season look like kiddy corner.

Just finished episode 3:

DAT FIGHT...
Still prefers the one in S1 , but that one was awesome.

That dialogue on the roof was nothing but pure fanservice.

Permanently A

I'll never get that.

The episode is the one where it flashes back to Matt and Elektra's past. The scene starts with them breaking into a gym.

That being said, this show is filled with grotesque murder and gore-filled scenery. A 30 second sex-scene where the most explicit shot is of a girls naked back is not even top-50 on the not-safe-for-kids shots in this show and I'm not even finished.

Thanks, I didn't know the extent of the sexuality is all. Since Jessica Jones went pretty far I just wanted to make sure.

As for the gore, being American its just a lot more acceptable than sexuality. I'm infinitely more comfortable watching the Kingpin decapitation scene than watching one of Jessica Jone's sex scenes with my mom and brother. And my brother is a teenager and plays M games with a fair amount of gore (Dying Light, Metal Gear Rising) so he's comfortable with it.

Permanently A

LOL

Forget any sexual content. The violence will make you blush.

It amazes me that this makes Stick lopping off a guy's hand in the first season look like kiddy corner.

Hmm, I don't even remember Stick lopping a guy's hand off. I guess I'm pretty desensitized to hyperviolence. The only scene that kind of got me was the one where they lackey commits suicide by impaling himself on the fence, and I only really thought about it because my mom needed to take a break, lol.

Thanks, I didn't know the extent of the sexuality is all. Since Jessica Jones went pretty far I just wanted to make sure.

As for the gore, being American its just a lot more acceptable than sexuality. I'm infinitely more comfortable watching the Kingpin decapitation scene than watching one of Jessica Jone's sex scenes with my mom and brother. And my brother is a teenager and plays M games with a fair amount of gore (Dying Light, Metal Gear Rising) so he's comfortable with it.

You're going to be watching a series where (S2 spoilers)
a person gets a drill shoved through the foot in close detail, multiple people get shot in the head on-screen, multiple people get their throats slit on-screen (also in close detail), a man gets shot in the face with a shotgun at close range, and characters get repeatedly stabbed in the chest.

I would not suggest letting your brother watch that.

AngryMoth

Karen and Matt
's relationship doesn't feel real to me. Its like they're attracted to each other only because its in the script. Theres no chemistry here. Padme and Anakin had more chemistry.
It was the opposite for me actually, (general spoilers)
I didn't buy his relationship with Elektra. He just completely gives up on Karen and goes off with her for no real reason besides well...she's Elektra. Especially considering what how goddam sanctimonious he is about his no kill rule in the first half of the season, he really takes in on the chin when she slits that kids throat out of nowhere and doesn't really care anymore after that.

Permanently A

You're going to be watching a series where (S2 spoilers)
a person gets a drill shoved through the foot in close detail, multiple people get shot in the head on-screen, multiple people get their throats slit on-screen (also in close detail), a man gets shot in the face with a shotgun at close range, and characters get repeatedly stabbed in the chest.

I would not suggest letting your brother watch that.

Only the
drill
sounds like something he hasn't seen before.

Fuchsdh

Honestly the new suit is an improvement, but why are the eye contacts brighter red than his suit's maroon? Still bothers me that with the abomination that was the DD movie the suit's cowl still looked better.

Hagi

Man episode 3 is just fantastic. The conversation on the roof to the fight scene was just great. I'm really happy that Frank is in this because it's a perfect way to introduce him to this world they have created. I'm glad that they aren't pulling punches.

Looking forward to episode 4.

Red

Man episode 3 is just fantastic. The conversation on the roof to the fight scene was just great. I'm really happy that Frank is in this because it's a perfect way to introduce him to this world they have created. I'm glad that they aren't pulling punches.

Looking forward to episode 4.
Halfway through and my favorite part of this season is definitely Bernthal's Punisher. He does a great job selling the character.

Top Bottom