• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so is
Rosario
done with these MCU shows?

Jarmel

Banned
It was the opposite for me actually, (general spoilers)
I didn't buy his relationship with Elektra. He just completely gives up on Karen and goes off with her for no real reason besides well...she's Elektra. Especially considering what how goddam sanctimonious he is about his no kill rule in the first half of the season, he really takes in on the chin when she slits that kids throat out of nowhere and doesn't really care anymore after that.

The romance in general is just awfully written. It doesn't matter whether it's Elektra or Karen. The saving grace for both pairings is the acting.

I kind of want a Netflix produced Punisher. Actually the supporting characters really stole this season.

Frank/Punisher >>>> Elektra > Foggy = Karen > Matt/DD

I don't see why people had a problem with the romance.
You guys forget this was someone he had loved before, probably his only love interest in life it sounds like, who had left at random. It wasn't like he was starting up a new romance with her, it was rekindling an old one

On Karen and Matt:
Honestly, I really do not understand how any of the writers thought this was a good relationship considering how much he fooled around with Elektra this whole season? The flashbacks they showed throughout the season with Elektra and Matt had more chemistry than anything that I saw with Karen and Matt. He spent the entire season hiding his abilities from her when even Foggy knew? You would think that Matt would at least try to be more open considering there are about a handful of people who already know about his abilities, and aren't even as close to Matt as Karen has been this whole season.

Magwik

Banned
I have
bad
news for you

You only see it for like 10 seconds in the last episode

latest

Mifune

Mehmber
Ep 2:

What a waste of time the Foggy and Karen stuff is. I like both characters in the comics but the show writers have no idea what to do with them. My eyes glaze over whenever they're onscreen.

Cuburt

I assumed that that in Ep 3.
being tied up with a gun taped to his hand
was a comic reference, but was
the fight scene with the chain attached to one hand and the gun taped to the other in the comics too?
That was inspired.

KDC720

Just finished Ep. 8
Kingpin showing up surprised me, I don't expect him to do a whole lot though.

Anyway, I think it's better than the first season so far, although I think the Punisher stuff is far more interesting than the Hand plot.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assumed that that in Ep 3.
being tied up with a gun taped to his hand
was a comic reference, but was
the fight scene with the chain attached to one hand and the gun taped to the other in the comics too?
That was inspired.

No. The scene itself was from a Punisher Ennis run, down to parts of the dialogue, but the outcome is different.

GavinUK86

Holy shit.
Bernthal's dialogue in the hospital bed was a tearjerker. He is so fucking good in this. He was made to play Frank Castle.

Also, I think I'm in love with Elodie Yung, jesus christ

*episode 6 talk

Jessica Jones can't get fight scenes right and Daredevil can't get relationships right.

Jessica Jones couldn't get anything right. It went from enjoyable schlock to plain awful as it continued

I've only seen 5 of these but they blow that out of the water. Especially frank castle

zeemumu

Does anyone feel like they stretched Daredevil's powers a bit too far at times?

How do you sense motionless books in a drawer and sword marks engraved into a wall. but can't sense moving ninjas?

The Kree

Banned

How do you sense motionless books in a drawer and sword marks engraved into a wall. but can't sense moving ninjas?

The sword marks he can probably see. I dunno about the books.

Anung

Un Rama

If anything they underutilized his sonar sense imo.

Rhaknar

Matt was legit shook from the
verbal and physical ass whopping Kingpin gave him

Karsha

Finished it, imho its far worse than s1, the lack of a real antagonist really makes this season struggle. Hopeful they'll fix it in 3.

Also I felt like there are some big plot holes but maybe they left them on purpose?

They don't really use it all that much, but Matt also has his other senses enhanced like smell and taste.
He could probably smell the books. Don't think I can explain the sword marks, though.

zeemumu

I finished it.
Welcome to the loop, Karen.

The Hand attempting to learn the Edo Tensei. Don't let them raise the 3rd coffin!

Top Bottom