• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Doctor Strange | Production Thread

Shaanyboi

Banned
I really hope they justify Strange's name...

original-sins-5-page-22.jpg

mreddie

Filming has wrapped in Nepal, and production have moved in-studio in the United Kingdom. They'll film there until Spring of next year, and apparently Rachel McAdams have already shot some scenes.

We probably won't get that many more set photos for a long time.

Also, I really doubt Danny Rand would debut in Dr Strange and then move to Netflix.

So like Antman where everything else can be filmed in a studio and no one is the wiser.

Pachimari

Do we have roles for the actors that were confirmed yesterday?

Nope.

And I also don't think I have ever been as excited as I am about Mads Mikkelsen. He's my favorite actor and he is finally part of the MCU. Hopefully he plays Dormammu, but I'm afraid Marvel will waste him.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Nope.

And I also don't think I have ever been as excited as I am about Mads Mikkelsen. He's my favorite actor and he is finally part of the MCU. Hopefully he plays Dormammu, but I'm afraid Marvel will waste him.

I'm afraid Marvel will waste Dormammu....

Pachimari

Mads Mikkelsen had a talk with IGN but wouldn't let out too much about his character. He's not allowed to say much by Marvel Studios. He haven't shot anything yet though.

Pachimari

Chiwetel Ejiofor has also been speaking to Vulture.

I found this interesting:
When asked if it’s safe to assume Baron Mordo will be an antagonist to Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sorcerer Supreme, and what drew him to this role, Ejiofor seemingly tensed up. “In a strange way, I don’t want to answer that question, if you don’t mind,”

I peep the seal of the Vishanti on the door back there.

cSxCNsj.jpg

Plus, the architecture screams Tibetan temple.

I hope they address how Strange manages to get the Sanctum Sanctorum in modern-day SoHo. Because getting a space that large while making no money is more implausible than a surgeon becoming a sorcerer.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Plus, the architecture screams Tibetan temple.

I hope they address how Strange manages to get the Sanctum Sanctorum in modern-day SoHo. Because getting a space that large while making no money is more implausible than a surgeon becoming a sorcerer.
I think that will definitely be addressed one way or another, Feige sounded aware of how weird that will be when Faraci brought the point up at the Ant-Man junket.

For me the starting point when talking about Strange is ‘Where does he live?’ One of the problems the Daredevil Netflix show had to face was that modern day Hell’s Kitchen is nothing like the Hell’s Kitchen of the 1960s through the 1990s. They got around that by having the area returned to its bad old days as a result of the Chitauri trashing it during The Avengers. But Stephen Strange lives in Greenwich Village, which was a hip, bohemian enclave in the early 1960s - see Inside Llewyn Davis - but is now the place you go when you want to buy a thousand dollar designer handbag. Can Strange still keep his Sanctum Sanctorum in the Village when it has become one of New York’s most upscale neighborhoods? Will Marvel move him out?

“The Sanctum is on Bleeker Street, the modern day Bleeker Street,” Feige told me, adding: “He will be the strangest thing walking out onto that street.”

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/06...eirdness-from-doctor-strange-says-kevin-feige

The Kree

Banned
I don't think it matters too much where Strange's crib is so long as they show the world from his perspective as being a lot weirder than everyone else can perceive.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Indeed, it's a minor detail. In any case they've been doing a great job with constantly upgrading the characters to keep up with modern sensibilities both in the comics and in the movies/shows, which is part of what makes the real world setting so fun in the Marvel universe.

Regardless, I hope they film for the Sanctorum on location. Totally not because Bleeker Street is one block away from my university and I want to creep on the filming.

I dont see a big problem with the Sanctum Sactorum, he can inherit it from his father and transform into his magichouse, or is there history with the place that makes it special or "magical"?

Wasn't it built on lay lines or a dimensional gateway or something? Like Dormmamu's prison? Or am I thinking of the 1610 version?

Top Bottom