• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Doctor Strange | Production Thread

Platy

tumblr_o2wi3z9EH11qewsw4o1_r1_250.gif

wnVpGUi.gif

Mariolee

Really looking forward to this. Not familiar with the comics, so looking forward to how they contextualize the costume.

dabig2

Probably too early to be asking, but when do we see our first 1:00-1:30 teaser? Could they attach it to Civil War in May or is it more of a June/July thing?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://mcuexchange.com/doctor-strange-filming-at-cern/

cumbercern.png

With production nearing completion on Marvel Studios' newest addition to the MCU - Doctor Strange - news ought to be slowing down until we get our first hints at a trailer. Fortunately, MCUExchange has recently learned that The Sorcerer Supreme himself has been spotted filming scenes at one of science's great landmarks: the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.

Donos

you can say what you want but marvel is pretty good at translating costumes from comic to movies. Batch looks good in these shots.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
According to SFX magazine, Mads Mikkelsen will play Nightmare and Rachel McAdams will play Night Nurse.

i6hlT0U.png

"Though Mad Mikkelsen's role has yet to be confirmed, we're going to put a character name in big red letters alongside other confirmed castings because we suck"

In that photo, they also call War Machine "War Hammer."

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I guess his name changed according to a quick google search?

Symphonic

If they Night Nurse is in this movie and it isn't Dawson, then I'm going to riot

This. Marvel has been really good about not casting two characters in the same role. Thought I guess they never have really specified that Dawnson is technically Night Nurse.

This. Marvel has been really good about not casting two characters in the same role. Thought I guess they never have really specified that Dawnson is technically Night Nurse.

Night Nurse's alter ego is Linda Carter, not Claire Temple who is a Luke Cage character. They were lucky that there were a few different female medical professionals they could pull from.

olympia

That magazine doesn't make any sense to me, they wanted to preserve Night Nurse for the big screen? But they put her in Daredevil? Isn't that magazine speculation, too?

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Going by War Machine's (notice he's still called War Machine and not hammer) Funko POP he does appear to be using some hammer looking weapon.

Well, I'll be damned.

I can just imagine Tony's side prepping for battle and them staring at Rhodey like "Wtf is that".

I never really thought about Mads as Nightmare, but now that its out there...

I potentially want that more than Dormammu. Nightmare is one of those characters that really needs an actor to teeter between menacing / villainous and charismatic, and Mads could fit that to a tee. He'd be in the same vein as Loki for the Ditko-side of the universe. I'd be super down for that.

Top Bottom