• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

Shaanyboi

Banned
I guess it's weird that the Purple Man/Kilgrave would exist in the MCU but no one would mention it in the countless movies. But again, I just need to stop thinking about the MCU. :p

I suppose my other question was whether or not
she was Jewel and if she had some kind of masked hero persona... but that doesn't make sense in the MCU because up until Daredevil, there are no "secret" superheroes. Everyone knows who Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, et al, are.

Well Kilgrave isn't going out, making himself known. He's not making himself mayor or some kind of public figure - he's taking what he wants but keeping it relatively low-key.

Steve Rogers is a public figure - he has been since WW2. Tony Stark... is Tony Stark. In the comics, even Spidey's early days are "unconfirmed" for a while. Unless "Jewel" publicly announces herself, making a big public statement, a handful of random people being saved in the street in the deluge of noise about The Avengers is bound to get lost or ignored.

Oh I didn't bother watching that movie. I thought it all took place in the present though?

Watch it. And it's not WW2, but the Cold War, while also mostly taking place in present-day.

An you're assuming that they will kill Jessica Jones arch Nemesis(where as they won't kill Kingpin). Just because he's a monster.

If there's 13 episodes and he gets up to the shit he gets up to in just the first two episodes, and each fucked up thing is more fucked up than the last thing he did then there's no earthly way on god's green earth that motherfucker is still walking around in episode 14.

An your assuming that they will kill Jessica Jones arch Nemesis(where as they won't kill Kingpin). Just because he's a monster.

Kingpin is a different villain than this.

We're talking about an OP mind controller that apparently has no line.

Let me rephrase, actually: it'll be a shame if they don't kill him just because Marvel Status Quo and not because of story reasons.

If there's 13 episodes and he gets up to the shit he gets up to in just the first two episodes, and each fucked up thing is more fucked up than the last thing he did then there's no earthly way on god's green earth that motherfucker is still walking around in episode 14.

Bingo.

If it's a well-written reason, I can get behind it. Marvel has not shown that they have the best justifications for keeping villains around, though.

Cloyster

Banned
I guess it's weird that the Purple Man/Kilgrave would exist in the MCU but no one would mention it in the countless movies. But again, I just need to stop thinking about the MCU. :p

I suppose my other question was whether or not
she was Jewel and if she had some kind of masked hero persona... but that doesn't make sense in the MCU because up until Daredevil, there are no "secret" superheroes. Everyone knows who Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, et al, are.

Don't forget, Spiderman and other heroes are running around.

You think Jessica Jones is going to kill him? (That's not happening) or Luke? or Trisha....

You think Jessica Jones is going to kill him? or Luke? or Trisha....

That's honestly the only concern I had after episode 2...

Luke Cage in action is SO FUCKING BAD ASS in action, truly the raddest action sequence in MCU history, that how is the show going to make sure Jessica isn't just saved by the bad ass male character in the end? It has to be Jess, which means Luke has to be out of the picture.

My guess?

There was an explosion in the trailer.
I think that's Luke's bar and he just goes 'Fuck this' and bounces. Which puts him in a nice position of guilt for his own series, maybe? I don't know though because the core conceit of this show is that you step up to help people even if you really are sick and tired of it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well Kilgrave isn't going out, making himself known. He's not making himself mayor or some kind of public figure - he's taking what he wants but keeping it relatively low-key.

Steve Rogers is a public figure - he has been since WW2. Tony Stark... is Tony Stark. In the comics, even Spidey's early days are "unconfirmed" for a while. Unless "Jewel" publicly announces herself, making a big public statement, a handful of random people being saved in the street in the deluge of noise about The Avengers is bound to get lost or ignored.

I guess part of this is also why I don't know if the Civil War makes sense in the MCU since everyone knows who all the superheroes are anyway, but that's a way off topic discussion. I suppose it makes more sense once Spider-man gets fully integrated into the movie universe.

Also doesn't SHIELD know everything about everyone and all their secrets? Although I guess the TV show makes them all seem incompetent. lol

I guess part of this is also why I don't know if the Civil War makes sense in the MCU since everyone knows who all the superheroes are anyway, but that's a way off topic discussion. I suppose it makes more sense once Spider-man gets fully integrated into the movie universe.

Also doesn't SHIELD know everything about everyone and all their secrets? Although I guess the TV show makes them all seem incompetent. lo
l

Right now i think SHIELD has its own problems to deal with regardless. They got a lot going on in relation to 2015 SHIELD. Though it would be nice to get a update or tie in once they get their shit together.

But again what went down in Captain America and the TV show spell for SHIELD being pretty short handed and lacking in a clear direction other then the obvious .

Why?

Because it doesn't happen in the comics?

No because that's not Jessica Jones. She doesn't just kill people, she's not that type of person regardless of what Killgrave has done. Though she really, really, really, really wants to, but its really a Daredevil dilemma in a different context.

Also doesn't SHIELD know everything about everyone and all their secrets? Although I guess the TV show makes them all seem incompetent. lol

Isn't SHIELD weirdly the most unintegrated aspect of the MCU in terms of this sort of thing? It has overt crossovers with the movies but then they really don't track at all with the details established in a ton of other aspects of the MCU. I feel like I read somewhere that Whedon hated that they brought Coulson back and so they really don't acknowledge SHIELD in the movies.

There's actually the biggest opportunity in Doctor Strange, I think. He's the most NYC-centric hero to be shown in a movie. They could do some good work linking the Netflix Universe with the MCU proper.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Colter as Cage is Downey Jr. as Tony level of casting, holy shit

Kalentan

Since all MCU stuff takes place when its released, this is precisely why
that dude saying "one of them" is simply referring to her being a superhero, like the avengers he's seen on tv. NOT an Inhuman. (Thank god.)

That's why that speculation bothers me, to be honest. It's not trolling, it's just a reaction to putting MCU continuity snooping over character building.

Your reaction is still based on seemingly weird hatred towards
InHumans. Like you seem to have like a crusade against it with how much your willing to go just to disprove a possible reference towards them.

InHumans exist in the MCU, they're going to important. The public knows of them. Get over it.

Pachimari

Civil War is not about the identities in the MCU.

Also, didn't an executive already confirm if Kilgrave will live or die? My mind is blurry on that one, so I'm not sure at all.

Bebpo

Banned
As a comic book fan of Alias, hated ep1. Show is everything I feared. That they'd take a dark humor Clerk-ish comedy series that has a single serious very short dark arc and make the whole show about that arc to be dark and edgy for the whole run just because it's "cool".

Will watch the rest, but really frustrated at the direction the show went. Feels like an insult to Bendis' character and work imo.

As a comic book fan of Alias, hated ep1. Show is everything I feared. That they'd take a dark humor Clerk-ish comedy series that has a single serious very short dark arc and make the whole show about that arc to be dark and edgy for the whole run just because it's "cool".

Will watch the rest, but really frustrated at the direction the show went. Feels like an insult to Bendis' character and work imo.

Okay and Bendis is fine with the show so...every comic is a different thing for everyone.

Pachimari

Isn't SHIELD weirdly the most unintegrated aspect of the MCU in terms of this sort of thing? It has overt crossovers with the movies but then they really don't track at all with the details established in a ton of other aspects of the MCU. I feel like I read somewhere that Whedon hated that they brought Coulson back and so they really don't acknowledge SHIELD in the movies.

There's actually the biggest opportunity in Doctor Strange, I think. He's the most NYC-centric hero to be shown in a movie. They could do some good work linking the Netflix Universe with the MCU proper.
Whedon was he one who chose for Coulson to come back and in Agents of Shield.

Your reaction is still based on seemingly weird hatred towards
InHumans. Like you seem to have like a crusade against it with how much your willing to go just to disprove a possible reference towards them.

InHumans exist in the MCU, they're going to important. The public knows of them. Get over it.

The facts of the timeline are established by the show runners, not by me, dude.

My reaction is based on the timeline exclusively. It happens to confirm my seemingly weird hatred, but my thought process is reflected in the FACT-BASED timeline.

Your reaction seems to be based on a seemingly weird hatred of me.

Pachimari

There's also generally a lot of talk from people who don't know what their talking about on this page.

Also, remember to write which episode you are talking about when using spoilers.

Kalentan

The facts of the timeline are established by the show runners, not by me, dude.

My reaction is based on the timeline exclusively. It happens to confirm my seemingly weird hatred, but my thought process is reflected in the FACT-BASED timeline.

Your reaction seems to be based on a seemingly weird hated of me.

More so me just getting annoyed at someone who already clearly showed a weird irrational hatred for it. You already established you hated it and you made sure to try and disprove it. So for me it coming off as your one of those people who seems to want to decide their own 'canon'. Which for me is something that annoys me.

If you merely said you hoped it wasn't a reference and left it at that, okay, whatever. But then you went on to try and disprove it. Which is why I'm annoyed. Though at this point I'm just repeating myself.

Episode 2 is great. So many good moments.
When Kilgrave shows up in the apartment,
it was fucking terrifying.
The scene in the bar with Cage just casually throwing dudes around
was awesome. The casting is perfect so far.

More so me just getting annoyed at someone who already clearly showed a weird irrational hatred for it. You already established you hated it and you made sure to try and disprove it. So for me it coming off as your one of those people who seems to want to decide their own 'canon'. Which for me is something that annoys me.

lmao

i am not "trying". the show establishes a series of events very clearly.

even if you compress them into the shortest period possible, it still supports my position.

looking at an established series of events is not "deciding [my] own 'canon'".

have you finished episode 2?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Civil War is not about the identities in the MCU.
Oh that makes more sense then. But what the heck would they even fight about? Tony Stark trying to make robots to take over the world again?

To be consistent with Daredevil, I assume they had to go in the darker direction and this is the most notable arc.

Yo the sex tho

latest

Damn Marvel unexpected...

To be consistent with Daredevil, I assume they had to go in the darker direction and this is the most notable arc.

Which is adaptation 101. Yeah its not the only thing Jessica deals with but its the overarching theme of the series as a whole or at least it's something that she has to deal with and get over ultimately. Though again its more background stuff rather then the fore front from the get go. That this adaptation makes it seem.

Kalentan

lmao

i am not "trying". the show establishes a series of events very clearly.

even if you compress them into the shortest period possible, it still supports my position.

looking at an established series of events is not "deciding [my] own 'canon'".

have you finished episode 2?

Yes, I'm on Episode 3 right now.

I just don't get your problem dude. Like at this point your trying to try and skit around your irrational hatred. It's just weird the lengths your trying to disprove the reference. Like if it WAS a reference, would that like insult you or something?

Episode 2 ZK:
Fucker just strolled into that place.
]

As for the mature content, man. They are going as far as they possibly can without showing anything.

Top Bottom