• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

Bleepey

I am surprised they didn't make a joke about leaping tall buildings with a simple bound. It's such an obvious joke to make. They made a joke about laser eyes episode 1.

Yes, I'm on Episode 3 right now.

I just don't get your problem dude. Like at this point your trying to try and skit around your irrational hatred. It's just weird the lengths your trying to disprove the reference. Like if it WAS a reference, would that like insult you or something?

I explained very clearly why it would fly in the face of the established core of the character.

If it takes place in like November 2018, then ok, but if like Daredevil shows up at the end of the series and it's clearly a period of time after his series, will you apologize to me for calling me "irrational" after I didn't insult you once, merely pointed out that I thought a certain thing (not actual human being person posting on this message board) was lame and that there is an established timeline of events?

So are we supposed to assume this takes place after DD? Because at the beginning of episode 3,
when Luke and Jessica are talking about the different people with "abilities" it seems very weird that neither would mention the masked guy who's been on the front page of newspapers recently.

So are we supposed to assume this takes place after DD? Because at the beginning of episode 3,
when Luke and Jessica are talking about the different people with "abilities" it seems very weird that neither would mention the masked guy who's been on the front page of newspapers recently.

To be honest i don't think we can. Though they might not be name dropping just yet.

Chariot

And I'm sitting in the bus, having not even finished episode 2. Seriously, real life could get bend if I wouldn't need money to pay for Netflix to watch Jessica Jones.

Danke Merkel.

I'm assuming powered people would recognize non-powered better than normal humans.

Robin64

There's a prequel comic to the show in which Jessica learns about DD and says she hopes she gets to meet him.

Kalentan

I explained very clearly why it would fly in the face of the established core of the character.

If it takes place in like November 2018, then ok, but if like Daredevil shows up at the end of the series and it's clearly a period of time after his series, will you apologize to me for calling me "irrational" after I didn't insult you once, merely pointed out that I thought a certain thing (not actual human being person posting on this message board) was lame and that there is an established timeline of events?

Okay, seeing a part in Episode 3, yes, it seems that this does take place at the start of 2015, during, after, or around Daredevil. So inHumans wouldn't be public knowledge now. (Since this would be around the time of AoU and the end of S2 of AoS.)

However, you can't deny that this whole thing started with you proclaiming your hatred for
inHumans. You even said ("Thank God"). So you could at least admit that you started wtih your hatred and then used Episode 1 and 2 to back up the claim. But this whole thing began before they were even out. I'm really not sure why your like trying to deny this.

Ep. 3, regarding the various public reactions to superheroes:
I like how we're hearing opinions from people that understand that heroes exist but don't pin every bad or good thing that happens on them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Holy shit

...holy shit o_O

Killgrave is such a fucking cunt. Thats not a spoiler its just a fact of the character in any medium lol

Okay, seeing a part in Episode 3, yes, it seems that this does take place at the start of 2015, during, after, or around Daredevil. So inHumans wouldn't be public knowledge now. (Since this would be around the time of AoU and the end of S2 of AoS.)

However, you can't deny that this whole thing started with you proclaiming your hatred for
inHumans. You even said ("Thank God"). So you could at least admit that you started wtih your hatred and then used Episode 1 and 2 to back up the claim. But this whole thing began before they were even out. I'm really not sure why your like trying to deny this.

Why does any of this matter and why are you so mad. If he doesn't like the Inhumans (as portrayed in Agents of Shield per say) who cares.

Kalentan

Why does any of this matter and why are you so mad. If he doesn't like the Inhumans (as portrayed in Agents of Shield per say) who cares.

I'm mad? Annoyed maybe, but mad? No. Honestly I'm starting to think others are getting mad for no good reason. It's a public forum, you know? Like I said, it wasn't like he merely just said that and then left it at that. He continued on about it. Am I not able to discuss this with him?

I'm mad? Annoyed maybe, but mad? No. Honestly I'm starting to think others are getting mad for no good reason. It's a public forum, you know? Like I said, it wasn't like he merely just said that and then left it at that. He continued on about it.

Okay then why are you so annoyed? why bother, why does it bother you so much. That's my question.

He has an opinion and it does not suit you. An i don't think there will be a in pass because there seems to be a fundamentally disconnect.

Kalentan

Okay then why are you so annoyed? why bother, why does it bother you so much. That's my question.

I already said why I was annoyed. I don't need to repeat myself. Honestly you sure you aren't the annoyed/mad one? Cause now you seem to be budging yourself into a discussion between the two of us and your the one mad.

Edit: So because he has a different opinion, we can't have a discussion about said opinion. OK.

I saw episode 1+2 at the premiere so I based all my discussions with you on that information.

Also, yeah, Episode 3
clearly establishes where they both got their powers, or rather where they didn't. I'm pretty clear about my distaste for the Inhumans in the MCU (and the MU tbph), but I'm not thinking any less of you because you like it. Not sure why you need to go to such lengths to try and make me feel bad about it. The show backed me up from jump street, and I looked to those details to explain how the show ALIGNED with my feelings through facts. You just kept trying to prove that I didn't like the Inhumans while ignoring the facts I very even handedly established.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AniHawk

kilgrave might be my favorite comic book villain after the joker. his depiction in alias was terrifying and compelling, and his depiction by tennant so far (episode 2) is perfect.

I already said why I was annoyed. I don't need to repeat myself. Honestly you sure you aren't the annoyed/mad one? Cause now you seem to be budging yourself into a discussion between the two of us and your the one mad.

lol okay then carry on with whatever you are personally have a issue with because i don't think the other really has much of a problem as you seem to have.

Also not every opinion is a discussion point, sometimes they are just that opinions...one more thing you're derailing this thread.

Pachimari

Jessica Jones takes place after Daredevil, Ashe is already established as Daredevil and Jessica Jones want to meet him and says so before the start of this show.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Purple Man is easily one of Marvel's biggest cunts.

If people already hate his guts two episodes in, Mahvel has done him justice.

Purple Man is easily one of Marvel's biggest cunts.

If people already hate his guts two episodes in, Mahvel has done him justice.

Yeah the guy is literally spawned from two giant piles of dog shit and unapologetic evil. The lowest of the lowest that even Kingpin would have clear issues with.

Kalentan

I saw episode 1+2 at the premiere so I based all my discussions with you on that information.

Also, yeah, Episode 3
clearly establishes where they both got their powers, or rather where they didn't. I'm pretty clear about my distaste for the Inhumans in the MCU (and the MU tbph), but I'm not thinking any less of you because you like it. Not sure why you need to go to such lengths to try and make me feel bad about it. The show backed me up from jump street, and I looked to those details to explain how the show ALIGNED with my feelings through facts. You just kept trying to prove that I didn't like the Inhumans while ignoring the facts I very even handedly established.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not trying to make you like inHumans. I was just trying to understand the reasoning behind said hatred/distaste. But again, your facts came after the discussion had already began. The whole thing began with me making the remark about hearing about that quote and you saying how it couldn't be that and then talked about your distaste. So like to me it wasn't coming off as someone who was genuinely trying to merely disprove something, but someone who was trying to disprove it because of said distaste. That's why. Had your never even said that you hated them or at least gave your examples and reasoning at the start, rather than waiting, then we wouldn't be here.

"Yes, I don't like them, but it's because of these examples in Episode 1 and 2 (note: spoilers)"

Bam, done. This would be all solved. But then you did finally give examples, but not before starting it up with that distaste again rather than laying down the facts.

This is where our disconnect is coming from. You seem to believe I want you to feel bad. When that was never the intention.

lol okay then carry on with whatever you are personally have a issue with because i don't think the other really has much of a problem as you seem to have.

Also not every opinion is a discussion point, sometimes they are just that opinions...one more thing you're derailing this thread.

Sorry but starting to think you have a problem. Also we're still talking about the show. Are we not able to do that? I'm sorry but what have you, by joining this converstation, achieved other than trying to start stuff up yourself? You could have merely told us to take it to PM, but instead your starting your own attack.

Kilgrave would make the top of a list rating Marvel's most evil

Like even fucking the destroyer of worlds Galactus and Thanos , have sentimental bones in their bodies and people they love.

Sorry but starting to think you have a problem. Also we're still talking about the show. Are we not able to do that? I'm sorry but what have you, by joining this converstation, achieved other than trying to start stuff up yourself?

Already done talking.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah the guy is literally spawned from two giant piles of dog shit and unapologetic evil. The lowest of the lowest that even Kingpin would have clear issues with.
I dunno, robot guy from Avengers 2 wanted to blow up the world by crashing a city into it. lol

I dunno, robot guy from Avengers 2 wanted to blow up the world by crashing a city into it. lol

i feel like you can do crazy shit like that and disconnect from the people involved, but even if you can't, you're crushing them to death and that's it.

this dude.

the shit he does.

so

so

so much worse.

Top Bottom