• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

I dunno, robot guy from Avengers 2 wanted to blow up the world by crashing a city into it. lol

But the robot guy is james spader and he's not really pure, pure evil. Though i agree they would get along....

Maybe you're right.

Edit: On second thought the thing with Kilgrave as others have noted. He doesn't want to destroy the world or become a huge villain, hes doing his work in the shadows amongst the public and getting away with some really fucked up stuff but not enough to attract the big names. So he continues his fucked up ness uncontrolled and mentored.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yeah the guy is literally spawned from two giant piles of dog shit and unapologetic evil. The lowest of the lowest that even Kingpin would have clear issues with.

Kingpin is 100% Lawful Evil, though. He has goals, a code and a well structured system.

Kilgrave is a mean cunt for the sake of it.

Kingpin is 100% Lawful Evil, though. He has goals, a code and a well structured system.

Kilgrave is a mean cunt for the sake of it.

True.

He's one of those evil characters that you just have to ask like "Question- You don't have to do any of this, you don't have to be be this cruel...but yet you are"

"why?"

and his reply would be "Because i can"

Like how do you deal with someone like that? other then throwing him into the sun.

True.

He's one of those evil characters that you just have to ask like "Question- You don't have to do any of this, you don't have to be be this cruel...but yet you are"

"why?"

and his reply would be "Because i can"

Like how do you deal with someone like that? other then throwing him into the sun.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

Three episodes in, they are setting up Kilgrave's continued existence to to be 100% unforgivable, with the only exception being Jessica wants to put him on trial (which we all know won't happen this early in the MCU). He's not a character that has any story in him other than this one tale. What? He's gonna be in Defenders? He needs to be the only villain of a tale just because of how motherfucking OP he is.

The only way to "stop" him so far seems to be to trick his victims into thinking they completed their tasks.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

Three episodes in, they are setting up Kilgrave to be 100% unforgivable (in the sense that for him NOT to die would be shitty writing).

The only way to "stop" him so far seems to be to trick his victims into thinking they completed their tasks.

I know and i understand you're point. But they would be missing out on some very moving and interesting beats if adapted, if they don't kill him. Though as i remember it now and think back Jessica Jones is not solely dealing with him. Still it would be weird to jump straight into Defenders and if there's a season 2 and her Nemesis is gone because to be honest she doesn't really have anybody else to hold that spot.

Episode 2

Luuuuuuuuke!

Great episode. Jesus Kilgrave is quite the evil summamabitch. Also,
why isn't he purple?

Edit: And Trinity. Lawd she looking mighty fine in this.

Kalentan

Only 3 episodes in and thus far this has been really- really good and I can't wait to binge watch the rest...
Sort of wish it came out at 12 AM EST, since now it's like... 5:38 AM here. Super tired.

I will say the way they have been:

Showing Kilgraves powers, with the family attacking her and such and how he controlled the cop was freaky. The way he appeared in the flashback, that like... desired rage (if that makes sense) when Jessica wasn't following his orders. All so very creepy!

On the topic of Jessica's past:

Okay so she was under his influence for a bit and based on her discussion with Trish, she did try to do some heroics at one point? So maybe like a heroes for hire thing herself?

Also:

When Trish asked if Hope was gifted... Is that to imply that Kilgrave seemingly was going after gifted people? Or was that just based on the fact that he controlled Jessica?

Either way, I can't wait to see how more of this is revealed.

I do wonder if they'll kill Kilgrave at the end of the season, though I'm not sure how it would happen. I mean, the guy got hit by a bus and it only pissed him off.

Three episodes in. Kilgrave is already one of the most, if not the most, terrifying villains in the MCU. Every single scene is intense as fuck because you literally never know when his powers could rear their head. And the man himself is that much more terrifying. His presence is unsettling. So good.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Three episodes in. Kilgrave is already one of the most, if not the most, terrifying villains in the MCU. Every single scene is intense as fuck because you literally never know when his powers could rear their head. And the man himself is that much more terrifying. His presence is unsettling. So good.

I love him. he is great.

Gotta tap out after 3 but I'm in love. So glad Netflix exists so shows that can really dig into the characters get made. I wanted to applaud that episode 3 opening. The recognition? Amazing moment.

deleted

I'm stuck at work, wanting to dive in to this...

Is you impression similar to the early Daredevil episodes? Are they of better quality, slightly worse?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

Is you impression similar to the early Daredevil episodes? Are they of better quality, slightly worse?

at episode 3 now and nothing has beaten DD ep. 02 yet. but it is reaaally fun to watch :D best thing is kilgrave so far. so so goooood

don't know why but the
sex scenes are annoying so far. like really annoying.
not really a spoiler, but just in case.

RangerX

Banned
I just finished watching the first episode. That was the best pilot I've ever seen. Amazing. Kristen Ritter and the whole tone is brilliant.

In terms of quality it's pretty similar, but Kilgrave is such an intense presence immediately that it feels like a lot quicker of a start than DD. DD kind of ramps up a bit. This show goes from 0 to 100 real damn quick.

I got to say Colter and Ritter's chemistry and namely sexual tension there in spades wow. Great casting Marvel and Netflix i can feel it oozing off the screen...jesus.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I got to say Colter and Ritter's chemistry and namely sexual tension there in spades wow. Great casting Marvel and Netflix i can feel it oozing off the screen...jesus.

really? I'm just annoyed by it..everything is awesome except the sex scenes.

man I really want a pepsi now. stupid scene in the hospital.

Pachimari

On my way home again. Gonna watch episode 2, and then wait about 4 hours for the girlfriend to come home, so we can watch it together starting from episode 1. Hopefully she's on for binge watching it!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fine with it though i can see why some would be annoyed though hopefully not annoyed in the why i hope.

it just feels so random, scenes are to long. I like when they talk and flirt but the sex scenes are just so thrown in like a buffer to the next story stuff >>
I'm a little "meh" because of your hopefully not annoyed in the why i hope. that was mean to insinuate :/

Luke motherfucking Cage omg. This is Luke Cage. Marvel nailed it. Im geeking out right now lol

Im actually getting excited about his show now

did not like him as locke in halo..but he really nails Luke

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Episode 3 Spoilers
Enjoyed the conversation that Luke and Jessica had about their powers. "Not trying to hide it, not advertising it." And I hope her door not locking becomes a running gag throughout the season.

Whoever described this as "neo noir" hit the nail on the head. It isn't your typical superhero show by any means. Her abilities are just another tool that helps her solve a case. Haven't been bored even once so far. Even the supporting cast is solid and putting in work.

There are going to be sooooo many think pieces about this show over the next few months. Tons of strong (literally and figuratively) well written female characters. And it doesn't beat you over the head or draw attention to it.

The Luke Cage series can't come soon enough. Mike Colter is nailing the role, having a whole series of his Cage is going to be wonderful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Luke motherfucking Cage omg. This is Luke Cage. Marvel nailed it. Im geeking out right now lol

Im actually getting excited about his show now

Cloyster

Banned
it just feels so random, scenes are to long. I like when they talk and flirt but the sex scenes are just so thrown in like a buffer to the next story stuff >>
I'm a little "meh" because of your hopefully not annoyed in the why i hope. that was mean to insinuate :/

did not like him as locke in halo..but he really nails Luke

The sex scenes have a lot of good directing and action. They reveal a lot about character.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
The sex scenes have a lot of good directing and action. They reveal a lot about character.

please elaborate. maybe I can find something in them then ^_^! right now I don't see it. It is just
superpowers destroying beds
for me right now..

maybe
it is finally having someone matching you, finding something you missed in others in the other one?
something like that?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Does Cage have any powers or is it only Jessica?

He has his powers. In Episode 3 he even mentions that he got them from an experiment. But him and Jessica have been a bit vague about the exact details of their origins so far.

Cloyster

Banned
please elaborate. maybe I can find something in them then ^_^! right now I don't see it. It is just
superpowers destroying beds
for me right now..

Sex is a very powerful connector between jaded cynical people. Jessica doesn't have a lot to make her happy, and her body motions and expressions show that she found something that makes her feel good. It also shows Luke and Jessica's fun sides.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
about a side character
god that door is really going to be a running gag :D love it

Sex is a very powerful connector between jaded cynical people. Jessica doesn't have a lot to make her happy, and her body motions and expressions show that she found something that makes her feel good. It also shows Luke and Jessica's fun sides.

mh okay. I can kind of see that.

Top Bottom