• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Made it through episode 3. Alright show, I don't think I'm hyped as everyone else here, but ill keep watching.

Kevinroc

Made it to episode 3 before I decided it was time for bed. But, man... That cast.

Jessica casting was pretty spot on. Took a little while to get used to Ritter in a different role but she is really nailing it.

Based Luke Cage casting. Probably stands as one of the greatest comic book casting decisions of all time. Right up there with JK Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson.

Killgrave is one of their best villains. I mean, I know that's not saying much because MCU villains tend to be pretty "meh." But they did a great job making him a complete fucking bastard. Really feels like Killgrave (minus not actually being purple).

The rest of the cast is doing some good work.

Gambit

Only one episode in and I am already envisioning a Killgrave Kingpin meeting.
Maybe Kingpin can send the Defenders against Killgrave.

Pachimari

The second episode was good but not as great as the first one.

Episode 2 about Luke Cage:
I'm surprised that he is already Power Man. So I guess his show won't be an origin about how he got his powers?

Luke Cage is damn awesome by the way. I can't wait for his show now but we're getting Daredevil S2 first.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Haven't watched the show yet but how are people finding it? Better than Daredevil? Not quite as good? If it's up there with that show, I'll happily give it a try.

deleted

In terms of quality it's pretty similar, but Kilgrave is such an intense presence immediately that it feels like a lot quicker of a start than DD. DD kind of ramps up a bit. This show goes from 0 to 100 real damn quick.

at episode 3 now and nothing has beaten DD ep. 02 yet. but it is reaaally fun to watch :D best thing is kilgrave so far. so so goooood

don't know why but the
sex scenes are annoying so far. like really annoying.
not really a spoiler, but just in case.

10 times better

Okay, I'm looking forward to seeing it - hope it suits me :)
DD was really good, until the last episode that suddenly was mediocre by Arrow standards for me.

Pachimari

To everyone reading this thread. You should really go take a look, at our MCU OT as well, as that's were we all hang out talking all things Marvel Cinematic Universe. And do subscribe. :)

RangerX

Banned
I'm just on the third episode and its better than DD for me so far and I LOVED DD. This just oozes style and has fully rounded characters. Ritter is great and Colter is a perfect Luke Cage. I'm loving how they are not relying on her powers for the show. Just quality drama.

Pachimari

Daredevil is top 3 shows of all times imo, so if it's half as good as it I'm already happy

Yeah, Daredevil is my #1 in the entire MCU but he is also my favorite superhero.

Thinking if I should go watch the 3rd episode, or just wait till the girl gets home. It would probably be boring for me, to rewatch the first 3 episodes.

Vegito

Banned
im already up to episode 6. Very different from daredevil. But in a good way. Its more of a detective drama than what I was expecting.

AMUSIX

End of ep7.
Fuuuuuuuuuu

How are you at Ep 7? The show only came out 5 hours ago....

Just watched through 5 episodes. Think I'll stop here...the show is extremely heavy. I can certainly see people liking DD more, especially because of the action, but JJ is far, far more tense, which I'm loving.

Mafro

Episode 2 :
had the biggest smile on my face during that bar brawl and seeing Luke Cage show off his powers :D

Dereck

It took about 3 minutes for my, "lol Ritter trying to be serious", attitude to wear off. Thank god that it did.

Slayven

Man this shit is so good. The Doctor relocating to NY and gaining the power of compulsion is the best Doctor Who/Marvel crossover ever.

mIUtgpO.jpg

Is this available on Netflix everywhere or just US? I'm in the UK and not subscribed right now but I want to watch it. I'll subscribe for a month if the UK has it.

I have no clue what it's about but David Tennant so yeah I'm gonna watch it.

Top Bottom