• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

Man these episodes are so emotionally heavy. Like one of these feel like 4 Daredevil episodes or something...but I can't stop watching.

mIUtgpO.jpg

Subpar story compared to this.

sturmdogg

2 episodes in and I'm bored as fuck. Does the story pick up anytime soon or should I bail out now? Daredevil grabbed my attention in the first 30 minutes and didn't let go until the end of Season 1.

foxtrot3d

Banned
2 episodes in and I'm bored as fuck. Does the story pick up anytime soon or should I bail out now? Daredevil grabbed my attention in the first 30 minutes and didn't let go until the end of Season 1.

This is how I feel right now and I'm about to start episode 5. However, I'll reserve my final judgment until I'm finished.

Pachimari

This is how I feel right now and I'm about to start episode 5. However, I'll reserve my final judgment until I'm finished.

I can honestly understand if people feel this way. This show is not for everyone, and the pace and tempo is really slow, compared to recent "comic book" adaptations on TV. It really is slow.

zma1013

Great pilot. They actually seem genuinely interested in fleshing out characters at a methodical more satisfying pace than how all their other shows do so abruptly. Could wind up being the best thing Marvel has done on TV if they keep it up. Can't wait to binge the rest this weekend

that is why I pitching a Black Panther/Dr,Who teamup.

The 13th Doctor would have one time to come at T'Challa wrong and the entire thing falls apart ending with the TImelord dead...permanently.

13th Doctor won't have a companion who can compare to Jenna Coleman tho.

Only watched the first episode but I loved it, Cage was better than I expected and Malcolm was good comedic relief from all the noir.

Brilliant, can't wait to see more tonight.

Vegito

Banned
so im about half way through. I heard rumors that daredevil/ Matt might make a cameo in this. Anyone further ahead can confirm if there is a cameo?

Will this be better than Daredevil? I hated the fight scenes, they were really lame and got me out of the flow so hoping this wont have any fight scenes at all

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
No nudity but more explicit than something on network TV. Something like you might see on a non-premium cable channel like FX or AMC.

I contend that the MAX part of the MCU should have landed at Cinemax* instead of Amazon. Alias and Punisher could have been INSANE if modeled after shows like Banshee and Strike-Back.

*where no one would watch the shows

Will this be better than Daredevil? I hated the fight scenes, they were really lame and got me out of the flow so hoping this wont have any fight scenes at all

They're really not the same. Daredevil was a quick paced physical show, while Jessica Jones is a slow methodical psychological show. Jessica Jones has like 1/3 the number of fights compared to Daredevil.

Pachimari

I am just a little bit afraid that people label JJ now as "boring" because of this :/ Its slower paced, but still amazing.

I don't care much what people will label it. If it gets a lot of views and great publicity, then there's high chances for a second season, and that's fine with me. If there's something boring out there, it'll be Agent Carter.

Robin64

I was going to stretch this out over the whole weekend, but I've watched 7 episodes this morning and then took a break to do some house chores. Screw stretching it out, I'm diving back in now.

zma1013

I am just a little bit afraid that people label JJ now as "boring" because of this :/ Its slower paced, but still amazing.

It seems the Marvel branding brings expectations of elaborate superhero fights. This seems to be more like the movie Unbreakable and I do think it's a refreshing change.

DeviantBoi

Got up real early in the morning and watched two episodes before getting ready for work.

It's gonna be hard not to binge everything today.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I can honestly understand if people feel this way. This show is not for everyone, and the pace and tempo is really slow, compared to recent "comic book" adaptations on TV. It really is slow.

I'm all for a slow paced drama I'm just really bored by the plot right now. I know nothing about JJ so I'm can only judge the show on what I'm seeing and right now, five episodes in, I've yet to be gripped. But, like I said, I'll wait until I'm finished before rendering a true judgment.

LosDaddie

Banned
Can somebody explain to me who JJ is? Who is she? Does she have powers?

The only reference I have to her is from comics, and only from the Civil War arc where her and Luke were on the run.

The only reference I have to her is from comics, and only from the Civil War arc where her and Luke were on the run.

She is a private detective with superhuman strength. In the history before the show, she has given the hero thing a shot and it didn't work out at all. She and Luke Cage are often linked.

Pachimari

Jessica Jones have super strength and can fly in the comics. In the MCU, she can jump very high, instead of flying. She's a former superhero, now a private investigator.

I'm really curious, if there'll be any hints towards Iron Fist in this show - have anyone noticed anything, other than Jeri Hogarth?

Top Bottom