• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

Viewt

Agreed. Yeah, he's a rapist and takes advantageous of women, but like you said, he takes advantage of literally everyone.

He doesn't seem to care about protecting men, for sure, but from what I've seen so far (only the first two episodes), he DOES seem to have a particular focus on young women. The fact that women under his control seem to be overtly sexualized (
his latest victim being found in skimpy lingerie being bound to her bed, Jessica being all dolled-up in the flashback to the Italian restaurant
) lends some credence to him being a predatory misogynist.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Never. And I dont think anyone can blame them, the movies are the thing that make billion $$$, so its logical the the tv shows are only support.

Does this have spoilers for Daredevil? I still need to see the last 4 episodes of that, but will I be safe starting Jessica Jones tonight?

Dai101

Banned
I think some of you might be over thinking some of the connections. I mean Daredevil is in the Marvel universe, but it basically existed in a bubble outside of some very small offhand references. I sorta expect the same from Jessica Jones. Heck, even Agents of SHIELD is probably the same. When is the last time something from that show had a major impact on anything in any of the Marvel movies?

The intel SHIELD give to Hill for Von Strucker and major HYDRA stronghold and the very Hellicarrier Fury used in the end.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
He doesn't seem to care about protecting men, for sure, but from what I've seen so far (only the first two episodes), he DOES seem to have a particular focus on young women. The fact that women under his control seem to be overtly sexualized (
his latest victim being found in skimpy lingerie being bound to her bed, Jessica being all dolled-up in the flashback to the Italian restaurant
) lends some credence to him being a predatory misogynist.
my god, he
raped the girl and got her impregnet
. What proof do you need more that he treats women as objects he can use however he can?

The intel SHIELD give to Hill for Von Strucker and major HYDRA stronghold and the very Hellicarrier Fury used in the end.
Yeah, thats were the tv show supported the movie, not the other way around.

number11

So how much action is in this? It doesn't seem like that kind of show.. But I'm guessing she doesn't have much fight scenes like a typical superhero?

Episode 4

I knew it. I called that shit from jump. He was the only person that made sense, because she wouldn't expect it to be him. It doesn't seem like Malcolm's being controlled, though. Maybe Killa Purp is giving him drugs or something?

And fuck Kil for using kids and ruining all these people's lives. That poor father, aka Driving Mr. Crazy.

Also, I'm gonna be annoyed if she doesn't actually start flying. High jumping is hella lame. Hopefully she's just rusty.

You need to watch Veronica Mars! :)
I watched the movie about a month ago. Thought it was amazing. I've never seen the show though. The movie kinda made me want to watch it.

e_i

So this has got David Tenant playing
Kilgrave
. You can't get a more evil sounding name than that. And Ms. Moss is here. I thought she looked familiar. I thought to myself, "That's the woman from the Matrix!"

Up to episode 4. Show is so good. I'm enjoying it more than Daredevil. It has this constant sense of tension; the stakes feel higher than anything in Daredevil

Ricker

Watched the first episode,not bad at all...it looks a lot like Daredevil,in the colors and always,well mostly, at night,dark,depressing scenes and all...wasnt expecting what happened at all,pretty good stuff,this is going to be great.

maxcriden

Well, hes a
raptist
and doesnt to be bothered by it, so IDk

Is
rape
depicted in the show? :/

I watched the movie about a month ago. Thought it was amazing. I've never seen the show though. The movie kinda made me want to watch it.

Oh. The show is way amazing. You should watch that then re-watch the movie. Then watch iZombie, it's the spiritual successor from the same creative team and it's awesome. :)

maxcriden

Well, the girl is pregnant. There is just one way I can think of how this could habe happened, and I dont think it was consentual.

Understood. Thanks for the info. I just meant do we have to have the uncomfortable factor of watching it happen, as in some other "prestige" series. So I'm glad we don't have to see it.

Bleepey

Oh snap.

Final episode spoilers.

I am surprised Jessica Jones went all all
Wonder Woman
and
snapped Kilgrave's neck.
<--------Huge spoilers.

I liked the show but i binge watched a whole season in a day. I had serious diminishing returns by episode 6 and wasn't enjoying it as much. OI liked the show overall but I need to rewatch it.

Xion385

I just got done with the whole season.

A couple thoughts:

-Jessica Jones was pretty damn good, but I still prefer Daredevil overall. The action in Daredevil is vastly superior to Jessica Jones.
-IMO, Jessica Jones had a great story, but Daredevil had better action sequences.
-HOLY SHIT THIS SHOW IS DARK! Darker than Daredevil.
-Kilgrave > Kingpin
-For all my doubts about Ritter, she was pretty damn good.
-Mike Colter is a perfect Luke Cage.

This last spoiler is the worst fucking way to do a spoiler. First you say episode three, which makes people think that it is a spoiler related to the episode, then you go on with speculation (or fact, I'm not sure since I'm guessing it was spoiled for me by you) that has nothing to do with the episode.
Yo my bad. I honestly didn't think much of it, but I see now how comic book talk could ruin something for people. I've edited it so others will know it's separate from what happened in the episode.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Guys and gals, label the episode and then just spoiler everything you're saying about that particular episode.

Generic spoiler tags don't work here because everyone is on different episodes.

Pachimari

I feel there's some kind of disconnect to the action. It doesn't feel real, and I don't believe in it. The choreography with Luke is perfect, but when Jessica uses her super strength to punch people, it doesn't look right.

maxcriden

I feel there's some kind of disconnect to the action. It doesn't feel real, and I don't believe in it. The choreography with Luke is perfect, but when Jessica uses her super strength to punch people, it doesn't look right.

I could see this from the trailer. Something looks not as...visceral about it as I expected it to. I was expecting it to seem more grounded but the punches etc. seemed more ... cheesy? Wasn't looking for it to be more violent, just more grounded. I thought it might've just been the trailer though.

Pachimari

I could see this from the trailer. Something looks not as...visceral about it as I expected it to. I was expecting it to seem more grounded but the punches etc. seemed more ... cheesy? Wasn't looking for it to be more violent, just more grounded. I thought it might've just been the trailer though.

Because she is so small and skinny

I feel like, they should show, that Jessica puts more force into her punches, like a normal human being, even though she have super strength. It's like she just tips them and bam they go flying. That's probably what bothers me most about the show so far.

I'm gonna rewatch Episode 3 on my iPhone I guess, as we are going somewhere else. What a day to watch Jessica Jones lol.

Robin64

Just finished the season and.. yeah, wow. Another hit from the Marvel/Netflix crew. I'm not even going to try and figure out which is better, this or Daredevil, as they are both just awesome for different reasons.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I feel like, they should show, that Jessica puts more force into her punches, like a normal human being, even though she have super strength. It's like she just tips them and bam they go flying. That's probably what bothers me most about the show so far.
I feel the same with comics. Super skinny woman, but they can throw cars and trucks. I dont have a that big problem with that.

Top Bottom