• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

I feel like, they should show, that Jessica puts more force into her punches, like a normal human being, even though she have super strength. It's like she just tips them and bam they go flying. That's probably what bothers me most about the show so far.

I'm gonna rewatch Episode 3 on my iPhone I guess, as we are going somewhere else. What a day to watch Jessica Jones lol.

If she put more force into her punches she would probably liquify people and make a gross mess

I feel like, they should show, that Jessica puts more force into her punches, like a normal human being, even though she have super strength. It's like she just tips them and bam they go flying. That's probably what bothers me most about the show so far.

I'm gonna rewatch Episode 3 on my iPhone I guess, as we are going somewhere else. What a day to watch Jessica Jones lol.
Superman can flick a finger and send a bad guy flying. Super strength has nothing to do with needing to actually pull punches, at least in the moments I've seen in comics and other shows/movies

Pachimari

I feel the same with comics. Super skinny woman, but they can throw cars and trucks. I dont have a that big problem with that.

If she put more force into her punches she would probably liquify people and make a gross mess

Superman can flick a finger and send a bad guy flying. Super strength has nothing to do with needing to actually pull punches, at least in the moments I've seen in comics and other shows/movies

My problem is not that she is skinny and have super strength. My problem is, that her punches lack impact really.

And I don't know if it is the visuals or camera work, that doesn't convey it so well.

Fuchsdh

my god, he
raped the girl and got her impregnet
. What proof do you need more that he treats women as objects he can use however he can?

Yeah, thats were the tv show supported the movie, not the other way around.

I don't think anyone's disputing he treats women as objects, I'm saying that I don't think he's particularly a misogynist in that he treats everyone like an object (although he clearly only has a sexual interest in women.) Misogyny implies that you hate a specific class of people more than others.

...wondering why Mike Colter is so good in this, but he couldn't be bothered to do much of anything in Halo: Nightfall.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Regarding Jessicas Lawyer friend and episode 5 or 6:
Anyone else with the feeling that the fetus thing will somehow play into Defenders?

One more reminder about this. If you'd like to discuss the series without tags, please use the spoiler thread.
Today is launch day!

Don't forget about all of this:
s1-1vpots.png

Episode 2 - Luke Cage.

The fight scene was just incredible. I loved the way LC was just so disinterested and just going through the motions. Not a single fuck given.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ep 6 down, just need to know if there is any DD cameo at all. Matt or Foggy showing up or even being mentioned as a law firm, anything. A mention of "some guy dressed in black going around hells kitchen". Im more fussed about that than the rest of the MCU because, hell isnt the idea that these netflix shows will all collide in a Defenders show? PM if you know so theres no spoilers here I guess

Oh and the show itself is awesome btw lol. Loving it, except for the
trinity stuff which serves little purpose so far, i dont care about her drama

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Episode 6

"I was wrong, you are a piece of shit"

Ice cold ;_;

Rhaknar

Goddamn it Killgrave why are you such a fucking creepshow?

This is what you get when you name your child Zebediah people! >_<

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ep. 4:
The idea of a support group for those affected by supers is brilliant.

Episode 4

Yeah, I love the support group concept. That's one of the best thing about the street level heroes is we get to see the "smaller" stories.

Dai101

Banned
Ep 11 is really starting to drag me down.... just like Nelson vs Murdock (even if in the end i liked it.... maybe is the lack of sleep tho')

Dalek

I find it interesting that

EP1 spoiler
Jessica's apartment is at the end of a hallway just like the hotel room.

Toothless

Hey, I haven't started this yet, but I know there's no way I'm going to finish it this weekend. Is there a "midseason" finale like Daredevil had? I'd like to stop on a good break point

(The midseason finale of Daredevil is "Condemned" in my opinion. It feels like a natural stop to the first arc of the series.)

Hey, I haven't started this yet, but I know there's no way I'm going to finish it this weekend. Is there a "midseason" finale like Daredevil had? I'd like to stop on a good break point

(The midseason finale of Daredevil is "Condemned" in my opinion. It feels like a natural stop to the first arc of the series.)

Well Episode 7 is where they cut off the press for initial reviews. No idea, as I'm only on Episode 3.

Also, Episode 3
tooootally setting up Hellcat right?

Dalek

I feel like I missed something and zoned out in Ep 2

The guy on the dialysis machine who donated both of his kidneys-what exactly did he do to earn Kilgrave's ire? Was he driving the bus?

Dai101

Banned
I feel like I missed something and zoned out in Ep 2

The guy on the dialysis machine who donated both of his kidneys-what exactly did he do to earn Kilgrave's ire? Was he driving the bus?

NOTHING. He (Kilgrave) just needed them.

Top Bottom