• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I feel like I missed something and zoned out in Ep 2

The guy on the dialysis machine who donated both of his kidneys-what exactly did he do to earn Kilgrave's ire? Was he driving the bus?

He didn't do anything. He was the ambulance driver. Kilgrave needed a kidney transplant immediately and used the EMT. He could have just used one...but Kilgrave being Kilgrave took both. After that EMT had a stroke.

Misha

Banned

The guy on the dialysis machine who donated both of his kidneys-what exactly did he do to earn Kilgrave's ire? Was he driving the bus?
Pretty sure he was the ambulance driver and he didn't do anything to make Kilgrace upset, Kilgrave was just using whoever was around

Robin64

He was one of the ambulance drivers, and Kilgrave needed a kidney.

I believe so.
the latter

Yeah for now. No way that's a coincidence.

On another note, the low-key humour in this series is fantastic. Jess's weird flatmates, and (EP3)
"Sweet christmas..."

That's not what ep. 12 is called.

Ep. 5:
Kilgrave throwing up a little at his mouth at Jessica's naive answer to superheroism that he himself cocked up.

Cloyster

Banned
I think Killgrave is the best Live Action Supervillain ever.

I'm really glad people are getting exposed to him. Seriously, Thanos, Galactus, Red Skull, Loki, Magneto. These guys may be evil. But Kilgrave is legitimately one of, if not the most evil person in the Marvel Universe.

I'm really glad people are getting exposed to him. Seriously, Thanos, Galactus, Red Skull, Loki, Magneto. These guys may be evil. But Kilgrave is legitimately one of, if not the most evil person in the Marvel Universe.

Ep. 5:
How he fucking ruined Malcolm's life. Literally turning him into an addict, and then letting him go.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's so creepy how basically
all the signs of sexual abuse are manifested by Kilgrave's actions. And even the creepiest part is how he can control Jones without even using his powers.

hamchan

Yep. Thanos blowing up half the universe seems like nothing compared to how evil Kilgrave is. Kilgrave is so personal and so disgusting. Great villain.

Kalor

I just finished watching the first two episodes and I'm really enjoying it. Kilgrave is a great villain from what it's shown so far.

Numb

ep 3
Now she'll learn her place not to interfere.
A few lessons in anything won't stop peeps from choking you out girl

LosDaddie

Banned
How's the audio for the show? Does it put a home theater to good use?

I thought the audio was great in DD. It was one of my favorite parts of the show.

I mean, I don't know anyone, especially ladies, who would want a "perfect woman" character, whatever that would be, but rather an interesting, flawed one that still has real empowerment. Every hero should be flawed in some way to be interesting.

I've never heard of people wanting that at all. Not sure where you're getting it from.

It's from people on GAF (and other places, I guess) losing their minds about Black Widow in AoU and Claire in JW because those characters had, you know, flaws about them. Mind you, GAF is the only place I ever hear about those movies hating women, not people i know IRL.

I do agree with your point about flawed characters being interesting.

Ep 6:
Oh wow, this one definitely had that midseason finale feel.
The Jessica-Luke relationship coming to a head, Jessica telling him that she killed Reva, Hogarth wanting the dead fetus, and the creepy-as-fuck reveal that Kilgrave is living in Jessica's childhood home

Top Bottom