• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

Chariot

dayum, episode 5

I really love how Kilgrave had general countermeasures. Not strangely specific, just general ones one the basis of what he knew of his enemy. He didn't know when or if he would be attacked, he just prepared for the case if he was and his ability was taken. This is so amazing.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just watched the first two episodes, starts off pretty slow but I'm totally on board now. Awesome stuff. I like how the show explains basically nothing, for example what Jessica Jones' powers are [aside from inhuman strength].

Also, Carrie-Anne Moss looking amazing as the classy lawyer.

Only two episodes in but can someone tell me how strong Jessica Jones is supposed to be? Like Captain American strong?
She appears quite a bit stronger than Captain America.

Ep10:
Jesus, they keep twisting the Reuben knife hard. I really liked that guy. =[

firehawk12

Subete no aware
JJ's character writing is so much better than Daredevil's.
Oh god yes.

Don't laugh at the future Taskmaster.
That's Wardmaster thank you very much.
lolol

My city!*

*the couple of square blocks that is Hell's Kitchen, merely the neighbourhood I grew up in and not much else
In the MCU, they renamed New York "Hell's Kitchen" after most of Manhattan was destroyed by the Hulk.

Haven't started watching the show yet, but question about Luke Cage. Does he have powers by the time Jessica Jones starts? Or is that something being saved for his own series?

Jobbs

Banned
Disappointed by the lack of "this city" referrals (one of the inexplicable simple joys of daredevil), but liking the show overall. In fact, so far (just watched episode 4) I think I like it more than I liked Daredevil.

Lesser shows would feel the need to clearly lay out "these are my super powers, this is where I got them" right at the start, but the show treats her super powers as something that's kind of incidental. It's an interesting angle.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
My city!*

*the couple of square blocks that is Hell's Kitchen, merely the neighbourhood I grew up in and not much else

lol, true. Dialogue in DD went basically

Wilson Fisk: city, city, this city, that city, my city, our city, their city, CITY!

Matt: that city, our city, this city, my city, CITY, you lard

can't wait to get home and start watching this

JTripper

Finished ep. 3.
I love how similar yet different it is than Daredevil. Hell's Kitchen feels alive, especially knowing that these characters and the DD cast occupy the same neighborhood, and I actually recognized a couple streets and locations. Both shows deal with some similar themes, just in different ways and I love it. DD dealt with the superhero stuff more in an action drama sort of way and Kingpin was a complex character who was basically a violent man-baby. JJ deals with the superhero stuff in a more moral way, asking questions about using super powers and learning what they mean. Kilgrave, at least so far, is the total opposite of Kingpin. He's just a straight up evil mother fucker who gives no shits and is willing to ruin the lives of everyone. It's great stuff so far.

It's also following a similar episode structure with Daredevil. 1 was the introductory episode introducing the big story and the main character's conflict, 2 was the slower episode that took some time familiarizing you with supporting characters, and 3 was the first real appearance of the villain.

Dai101

Banned
WOW

Just, wow

tumblr_ngbx83skL81sg5htto1_1280.jpg

Rodin

Watched the first three episodes. I found it way, way more enjoyable than Daredevil.

Don't like the
i killed the wife of the guy i'm screwing
twist for now, but let's see how they developed it. Liked everything else.

Froli

I'm probably the only one who is feeling this way but..
The series so far is meh. To those who feels a lot of hype for this might end up very disappointed.

Boke1879

The series so far is meh. To those who feels a lot of hype for this might end up very disappointed.

I'm personally not expecting much. Kinda interested in the character and world really.

Karak

I have only now got through 1 episode but nothing was interesting yet. Crossing fingers for #2

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, I didn't expect in episode 8 for Jessica Jones
accuses Purple Man of rape.
Maybe I just have really low expectations for a Marvel TV show, but I'm glad they went there rather than just leave it all allegorical/metaphorical.

Top Bottom